Jonny Walker 22 BETA Thread

hawaiidirtrider

50 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I always was a fan of Jonny cause he is a nice guy, talks to everyone and has no airs and graces. The longer I watch his blogs, vlogs and posts I get the impression that he takes racing not serious. But maybe it is just  imagination.

Doc

It’s not just you, he is almost like too nice a guy , he has great skills and is capable but sort of lacks the intensity he use to have to seal the deal .. it’s like he is just content to be going through the process at times and if he doesn’t win well it’s all jolly good and we’ll be back next race to try again. 

• Like 1

So Jonny’s great. He’s won the big races. . He’s also racing against the biggest field of the very best hard enduro racers in the world . People like Taddy and Jarvis and Webb and Mario and a flock more. They’ve all won the biggest races multiple times or placed high. It’s a super field of the very best. I figure Jonny will win one or 2 one of these days but if he doesn’t that’s just fine. Why should anyone freak out say in NFL because their team didn’t win this past weekend? Whatever. It’s entertaining. It’s just not that important. I like seeing how he rides and his bike prep and watching vids. I hope he does well and he has. Really I like looking at all the different Betas the factory pros are racing and how they are setup. It’s really not far from stock. Really that’s the cool part too. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2021 at 12:41 PM, Woodschamp said:

It’s not just you, he is almost like too nice a guy , he has great skills and is capable but sort of lacks the intensity he use to have to seal the deal .. it’s like he is just content to be going through the process at times and if he doesn’t win well it’s all jolly good and we’ll be back next race to try again. 

You hit the nail on the head, I couldn't have said it better ?

Doc

I think he’s smarter and experienced with time like lots of champion riders. There’s no need to show and tell everyone how angry and upset if he doesn’t win. He’s won everything. He’s won all the big races snd got injured and csme back and won again. He’s just racing against the best in the world and it’s probably the stiffest competition ever now with multiple very best in the world champions racing against each other. Taddy won Erzberg like 5 times as an example and Jonny has beat him. That’s just one champion.. and Taddy can come back and win any one of these taces too. It’s also the long haul to look at. Look. Taddy got injured. Cody Webb is out. Jarvis is out. Bolt and Manni and any racer can be out with an injury. Jonny is smooth. That’s a big positive. We’ll see where Jonny stands at the end of the season. In any event he is showing well for himself and Beta. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CT7k74JqpDO/?utm_medium=copy_link