northcarolina Intro and Question re: Southern North Carolina Trail Riding

Hello, All,  Just joined the forum after reading for some time.  Appreciate the good information here.  

I'll be escaping New England's late winter to spend the month of April in the Pinehurst, NC area.  

Been reading here and elsewhere about the riding available in the general vicinity, including some of the pluses and minuses:

• Closest are Badin Lake and Uwharrie.  These seem to be the same place, but can't quite tell; people seem to speak of them differently sometimes.
  • Next closest is Outback, but I don't see much talk about this from the 2-wheeled crowd. 
  • Brown and Brushy seem to be the places that people gravitate to -- about 3 hours to the west of where I'll be.  

But here is the catch:  I am brand new to trail riding!  Been riding motorcycles for 20+ years, street riding, then to road racing and track days (raced for quite a while -- in fact at the end of this trip I'll be on track at VIR on the race bike), with a smattering of flat-track type training as well (so appreciate some of the ways that that dirt riding, neutral spine/push the bike down, is different than road course), but I am pure novice off-road and will be treating myself as such.

The question:  do you think I would be able to find a day or two of riding appropriate for me to start my dirt/trail career (like, start on the bunny slope and progress only when I'm ready) or should I leave the new dirt bike at home in New England? 

Thanks,

Dustin

Hey there,  Im near Raleigh, been   riding the area for a long while.  If your Brand new to dirt bike riding Don't forget about Busco Beach although it is Generally a 4x4 place they do have nice sandy trail sections that would be perfect for beginning riding and they're actually kind of fun I've been there A few times on both dirt bike and quad.

Probably too much to type out, Feel free to shoot me a private message and I can give you more details about the area Thanks

Curious where the trails are that aren't completed bogged out and rutted up by SxS's?  I've heard about them, just never actually seen them...

Found the ones at Cape Fear, which is another good option.

12 hours ago, Tra1lR1dder said:

Hey there,  Im near Raleigh, been   riding the area for a long while.  If your Brand new to dirt bike riding Don't forget about Busco Beach although it is Generally a 4x4 place they do have nice sandy trail sections that would be perfect for beginning riding and they're actually kind of fun I've been there A few times on both dirt bike and quad.

Probably too much to type out, Feel free to shoot me a private message and I can give you more details about the area Thanks

Thanks, much appreciated.  Sent you a message.