PeachFarmer

Trail of tears

2 hours ago, PeachFarmer said:

You never know in Mexico, I did a ride in October on my Can Am and no one stopped us on the coast. This was from San Quinten to Santo Thomas. The gate we got to on the trail of tears said no pass for Motos and side by sides with a number and email to get permission. Said violators will be turned over to the authorities. It was a very professional sign so I just wanted to get permission this time. I’ll be trying this gate on my Husky 501 the 27th. I think Ed is going through the 19th. It’s always something that makes good stories in Baja😊

We should talk about an alternate in case it is locked and we can't get it opened? Left turn and go to ValleT?

Yeah no problem. It was a right turn for me as I was heading towards Ojos. Went through a huge farm and got to a locked gate. Anyways a worker showed up and opened it and asked us if the crazy rancher came out, we said no can you please open the gate for us, he did and we were relieved. Anyways it put us about 25 miles east of Ojos took the highway back. You can call me or text me anytime.  559-779-4704.... Troy

• Like 2

From the South it's a long ride back to Urapuan. Glad you found a way around. 

16 hours ago, PeachFarmer said:

Hey Ed, did you get back yet? If so how was the gate crossing? I’m leaving for Baja Thursday. Thanks, Troy

Got back last night. Got lucky on the gate. It was locked but the rancher pulled up same time as we did and let us through. No charge.  I believe the ranch is walking distance from the gate if it is locked. I also saw several heavily traveled trails that look like they may bypass the ranch. Can't verify that though.

Another thing. Not sure if you plan on going thru Laguna Hanson. Police flagged me down just outside of Ojos to ask me if I had any trouble or saw anything or anyone suspicious up there. 

I told them I heard it was muy malo so I stayed on compadre trail.