All-New 2022 Nissan Frontier Truck Revealed

What do you think of the 2022 Nissan Frontier Truck?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the 2022 Nissan Frontier Truck?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • It's just ok; nothing special.

5 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

Looks.Like.A.Tacoma

Yup. And, the top trim is Pro4X, vs. the Tacoma's "just" Pro. Marketers! If the engine & tranny mapping doesn't completely suck like the Tacoma and the pricing is competitive, winner winner chicken dinner. The Taco's unnatural throttle response and power delivery is terrible.

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

Yup. And, the top trim is Pro4X, vs. the Tacoma's "just" Pro. Marketers! If the engine & tranny mapping doesn't completely suck like the Tacoma and the pricing is competitive, winner winner chicken dinner. The Taco's unnatural throttle response and power delivery is terrible.

Uncomfortable for 6'2" drivers too. Knees end up higher than waist while driving. Not fun.

9 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Uncomfortable for 6'2" drivers too. Knees end up higher than waist while driving. Not fun.

I'm 5' 10" so my Tacoma is ok. But, when the seat is properly adjusted, don't touch it! A bit of work to get the distance, seat back angle and steering wheel adjusted just right. But, nothing is going to address the low profile cab height for taller people, not even the power seat add for 2020.

• Like 1

I was little excited that we might have a good midsize truck but...  meh, same truck, different skin. 

found this on on 'pickuptrucktalk.com';

'Another big change you’ll see is to max payload and towing numbers. Towing capacity increases by 100 pounds, and payload gets a nice increase by more than 200 pounds. Because of this, Nissan has also added standard trailer sway control – which the 2021 didn’t have even as an option...'

Really??   100 pound towing capacity increase is big?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hungry1 said:

I was little excited that we might have a good midsize truck but...  meh, same truck, different skin. 

found this on on 'pickuptrucktalk.com';

'Another big change you’ll see is to max payload and towing numbers. Towing capacity increases by 100 pounds, and payload gets a nice increase by more than 200 pounds. Because of this, Nissan has also added standard trailer sway control – which the 2021 didn’t have even as an option...'

Really??   100 pound towing capacity increase is big?

Do you want a mid size or a small full size? Amping up payload and towing just makes whole truck bigger and heavier thereby getting similar mileage as a full size so many just get a full size.

• Like 3

I think they made it Taco-esk, addressed the complaints Taco owners have had for years and will come in just a little bit less in price. Toyota has been coasting for a while, so glad to see the competition putting pressure on them. My 18 Taco TRD OR doesn't even have Android Auto / Apple Car Play and at least a power driver's seat.

• Like 2

My biggest gripe with these compact pickups is the cost of them these days.. They are running near $50-60k depending on trim.

I was looking at a new Jeep Gladiator but it has a $65k price tag, and that's not even the diesel engine model. Another $5-10k more and I can get a 1ton diesel pickup... 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

Change the starter in the valley yet? ?

Not yet. Keeps starting every time I use it. :banana:

2 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

My biggest gripe with these compact pickups is the cost of them these days.. They are running near $50-60k depending on trim.

I was looking at a new Jeep Gladiator but it has a $65k price tag, and that's not even the diesel engine model. Another $5-10k more and I can get a 1ton diesel pickup... 

Don't make no sense. Buy a full size half ton and be comfortable and get same fuel consumption. :excuseme:

• Like 6

Just now, Hans Schmid said:

I paid the low 30s at end of 2018 for a TRD Off-Road 4X4 with a sticker of 38 & change. 19s were on the lot, but the same truck.  But then again, I thought the extra 10k for the pro was stupid;  not even close to worth it. Same engine & tranny, just suspension and a tiny lift.  If you go top trim level, all the bells whistlers, yeah, they see you coming. But, mo power to someone if that makes them happy.

59 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Do you want a mid size or a small full size? Amping up payload and towing just makes whole truck bigger and heavier thereby getting similar mileage as a full size so many just get a full size.

My comment was more around this being a new skin on the exact same truck. 

(However, for comparison sake - a 2010 Dodge Dakota still has better towing capacity and better MPG and only slightly less power than the 'new' frontier or the Tacoma)

• Like 2

Looks like I'll be holding onto my 2005 Frontier NISMO a bit longer. Had to do front rotors, originals warped bad! Probably from towing a heavy dump trailer with questionable electric brakes. One 'rattle', exhaust or trans mount that is noticeable only on my driveway. One day. The anti-skid light used to come on a fair amount, I found that any voltage under 12.6 triggers it, so keeping it on a tender solved that. Tire pressure monitors are going, perhaps in a few years when I get new tires, I'll replace them.

Electronic temp control would be nice. No need for power seats or any fancier sound system. I'd like 500 hp though......

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, hungry1 said:

(However, for comparison sake - a 2010 Dodge Dakota still has better towing capacity and better MPG and only slightly less power than the 'new' frontier or the Tacoma)

Per Edmunds:

Estimated fuel economy with the V8 and 2WD is 14/19/15 mpg. Opting for 4WD drops those numbers by 1 mpg. When properly equipped, a V8 Dakota can tow 7,200 pounds.

so, 13 city, 18 hwy and 14 combined for the Dakota.

Also per Edmonds for the Tacoma 3.5 V6 4x4:  18 city (+5), 22 hwy (+4), 20 combined (+6).

Yes, the tow rating is 400lbs. more, but it's a V8 and gets tangibly less mpg when you're not towing (most of the time). 

• Like 1

Just now, Bryan II said:

so, 13 city, 18 hwy and 14 combined for the Dakota.

Also per Edmonds for the Tacoma 3.5 V6 4x4:  18 city (+5), 22hwy (+4), 20 combined (+6)

yes, the tow rating is 400lbs. more, but it's a V8 and gets tangibly less mpg when you're not towing (most of the time). 

Mileage does suck donkey balls in the Frontier, I average about 16mpg. But it is not my daily driver, it only used as a little truck.

• Like 1