YZ250F Does the ‘21 yz250f and ‘21 yz250fx have the same motor?

I could be wrong but I believe they are the same platform currently. Typically just the ECU mapping, tranny ratios and final drive are different. I just watch that too and my problem is he didn’t dive into specifics so made me skeptical of how well he knows these bikes. 

They are the exact same machine, from head to toe mechanically. Differences only lie in suspension, real wheel size, and a kickstand.

12 hours ago, Dr.X said:

They are the exact same machine, from head to toe mechanically. Differences only lie in suspension, real wheel size, and a kickstand.

Thank you. I believe the FX has a 6 speed. I kinda thought ping didnt know what he was talking about. 
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/cross-country/models/yz250fx/specifications

16 hours ago, Dr.X said:

Perhaps the engine (but maybe different mapping for each) 

but as for the gearbox, one's a close-ratio 5-speed while the other is a wide-ratio 6-speed.

Edited by mlatour

The 21 yz Has motor updates that the 21 fx doesn’t have, I think is just head work! The fx probably gets it in 22

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

On 2/10/2021 at 9:29 AM, smv ryder said:

Thank you. I believe the FX has a 6 speed. I kinda thought ping didnt know what he was talking about. 
https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/cross-country/models/yz250fx/specifications

Yes and of course the 6sp gearbox. By the way, I didn’t notice when I initially replied that you asked about the 21 F and FX. I know for certain the 20 F and FX is same engine, but I don’t know for sure about 21