Help! Wr450 engine year identification

Hi i need to buy some engine parts for my dirtbike and the engine used is yamaha but not the bike. The bike is from spanish manufacturer rieju. It uses yamaha engines and i read in forums that it uses wr450 engines. I tried and talked to the dealer and he told me he isnt sure about the engine year but told me it might be the 2009 wr450 engine. I just wanna be sure before i splash cash in it.Any help and suggestions are highly appreciated. I have attached the images below. 

IMG-91abf4e50fd9f026e017d3f990c6aca9-V.jpg

IMG-08fdc20d443c188789745f0b878750d5-V.jpg

I think it is the earlier generation, 03-06. The 07-09 had an oil tank dip stick in front of the cylinder which I can't see in your photo2. External oil tank, which I think you have is 03-06. There should be a number stamped on the case in the area between the kicker and the exhaust header ...

• Like 2

In addition to what others have said, that engine appears to be an 03-04. Your head has a provision for a decompression lever that existed on the 03-04's only. You can't install a decompression lever on the 05 and later bikes. Also, the carburetor appears to be for a WR, not YZ, due to that cover just above the fuel inlet. I think it's called the air cutoff (AIS?). Can't remember what it's called.

1 hour ago, Paul David said:

I'm curious about your fuel line arrangement,  care to explain ?

Ya ya I know...

The IMS tank petcock and low point is obviously wayy below the carb.  The carb fuel inlet does not rotate, it only points up. I could not get the fuel tubing to make the turn without getting kinked, so I made the rigid copper tube U-turn. The black disconnect in between is self sealing Tusk fuel quick connect.  When fuel gets that low, there is less than 1/8 gal remaining in the tank. And if I need to, I can pressurize the tank by blowing on the vent tube from the cap. Ask me how I know....