Just now, Into the sunset said:

I’m not sure what you mean by this but how many guys can afford to maintain two bikes and travel back and forth across the country while training and eating well? With 22 spots available on a SX gate how easy is it to make the main and get paid a paltry amount to finish 15th and back?

Being eligible. What u said above does not make you a professional. Your performance and how u carry yourself would make you professional.  How well prepared were the 11 racers that got hurt?  Mind and body have to be equal. Most mentally want to go fast but there bodies won’t do it and vise versa

How many times is Adam gonna get hurt? It’s simple. He leads a race, peters out, holds or loses lead, pushes himself, can’t handle it and crashes!   Answer for that is up your conditioning and endorence.  Be more professional!!!

36 minutes ago, yz250f 78 said:

I see it as young boys trying to learn how to become professional. Most stay in a bubble and never progress. It’s not hard these days to be able to race a supercross or outdoors. 

When was your last one?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, yz250f 78 said:

I see it as young boys trying to learn how to become professional. Most stay in a bubble and never progress. It’s not hard these days to be able to race a supercross or outdoors. 

Are you trolling or...? Have you raced at the top professional level in Supercross yourself?

Normally I don't revert to "If you don't do it yourself, you can't have an opinion" But I don't think I have ever read or heard someone says "It's not hard to race [professional] supercross" before.

29 minutes ago, Into the sunset said:

I’m not sure what you mean by this but how many guys can afford to maintain two bikes and travel back and forth across the country while training and eating well? With 22 spots available on a SX gate how easy is it to make the main and get paid a paltry amount to finish 15th and back?

Not even taking all of this into consideration, just the skill and fitness level required alone is extremely high.

• Like 4

I'm getting bored with SX.  Maybe it's just the familiarity, but this follow the leader at the front, is... meh. Losing the best of the group in the first few rounds is frustrating at best.  My sincere wishes for a speedy and complete recovery go out to all of them, east and west coast. 

I'm looking forward to the outdoors, and am hoping we don't end up with a bunch of broken riders trying to "race themselves back into shape", because of Stupid Cross. 

In my jaded opinion, SX has run it's course.  The racers are too talented, the bikes are too good, the tracks can't keep up. Lets move on.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

31 minutes ago, sheath said:

I'm getting bored with SX.  Maybe it's just the familiarity, but this follow the leader at the front, is... meh. Losing the best of the group in the first few rounds is frustrating at best.  My sincere wishes for a speedy and complete recovery go out to all of them, east and west coast. 

I'm looking forward to the outdoors, and am hoping we don't end up with a bunch of broken riders trying to "race themselves back into shape", because of Stupid Cross. 

In my jaded opinion, SX has run it's course.  The racers are too talented, the bikes are too good, the tracks can't keep up. Lets move on.

I agree in theory, or at the very least the tracks should be wider with less steep obstacles and extend beyond the boundaries of the stadiums like Vegas/ Monster Cup - Because it seems they keep designing sketchy, tight, follow the leader tracks to try to slow down the lap times.

But as I've said before - stadiums are king and as long as it's making money it will be this way.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 150dirtcomber said:

Are you trolling or...? Have you raced at the top professional level in Supercross yourself?

Normally I don't revert to "If you don't do it yourself, you can't have an opinion" But I don't think I have ever read or heard someone says "It's not hard to race [professional] supercross" before.

Not even taking all of this into consideration, just the skill and fitness level required alone is extremely high.

It’s not hard to be able, to be eligible!  For pro outdoor all we had to do is pay for our pro license.  It’s that easy to race pro, to be called a pro!

Edited by yz250f 78

17 minutes ago, yz250f 78 said:

It’s not hard to be able, to be eligible!  For pro outdoor all we had to do is pay for our pro license.  It’s that easy to race pro, to be called a pro!

So you're saying all you have to do is pay for a pro license? I've never researched that but I don't believe it's true at all, heck in my local series you have to point out of novice, or show you've pointed out somewhere else.  After that they'll stick you in a novice race and see if you absolutely wax everyone then move you up. 

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, yz250f 78 said:

You have to earn enough points before applying for your Pro/Am license.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, yz250f 78 said:

How many times is Adam gonna get hurt? It’s simple. He leads a race, peters out, holds or loses lead, pushes himself, can’t handle it and crashes!   Answer for that is up your conditioning and endorence.  Be more professional!!!

I have to agree with you here. In those Troll Train videos you look at the Martins, Filthy Phil, and those guys are in excellent condition. And then you look at Roczen and he is at another level even after all the surgery. And when Troll talks about fast road work miles he is talking to KR about it.

AC was there in some of those Troll vids but he just wasn't in the same league conditioning-wise. I like AC and he is super fast don't get me wrong, but he needs a plan like Troll or KR to help him play the long game IMHO.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, yz250f 78 said:

I’m not sure when you got your pro license, but if you go to sign up for a national, they’re going to ask where your pro am points are, unless you did good at Lorettas. 

Same with supercross, you need your futures points to sign up. 

When I got mine, they wanted to see my cmc points before they’d give me a license. When I went to Canada for a supercross, they let whoever was in line race.  

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

well, its fairly easy. thats why EVERYONE is doing it. the money is Grand, the chicks hot, and the haulers are free if u want it bad enough. LOL

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GBow521 said:

I’m not sure when you got your pro license, but if you go to sign up for a national, they’re going to ask where your pro am points are, unless you did good at Lorettas. 

Same with supercross, you need your futures points to sign up. 

When I got mine, they wanted to see my cmc points before they’d give me a license. When I went to Canada for a supercross, they let whoever was in line race.  

In the 70s all we had to do is buy the license.  BUT before SX and SX style outdoor jumps, it really wasn't a big problem.

In my area (NY) there were guys that were poor but fast. Fast enough to ride with the best and those old school rules made it possible for a completely unknown to show up at one local pro race and get attention and support.

In fact it was the opportunity afforded by those rules that made MX attractive to so many. It was the only pro moto sport on the planet where a poor guy with talent and hard work could line up and have opportunity to prove himself 

They really were great days for MX and the average joe

• Like 4
  • Helpful 4

13 hours ago, KTMRider4Life said:

So you're saying all you have to do is pay for a pro license? I've never researched that but I don't believe it's true at all, heck in my local series you have to point out of novice, or show you've pointed out somewhere else.  After that they'll stick you in a novice race and see if you absolutely wax everyone then move you up. 

12 hours ago, DustDevil56 said:

And if you read through you will see that they have made it easy to obtain a pro license. U need to understand that the sport is not growing. They need that money from the racer.  They will take anyone’s money these days. 

4 minutes ago, yz250f 78 said:

And if you read through you will see that they have made it easy to obtain a pro license. U need to understand that the sport is not growing. They need that money from the racer.  They will take anyone’s money these days. 

Maybe if you are a foreigner. 

Does your name happen to be Borat? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Woodschamp said:

Maybe if you are a foreigner. 

Does your name happen to be Borat? 

Here’s another one, you can be a 16yo pro?

from what I see they all crash there brains out for years till there minds fully develope. 
When your older, your smarter,wiser, you recognize in which turns into good decision making. Your a pro!

11 minutes ago, yz250f 78 said:

Here’s another one, you can be a 16yo pro?

from what I see they all crash there brains out for years till there minds fully develope. 
When your older, your smarter,wiser, you recognize in which turns into good decision making. Your a pro!

So what is your utopian vision of the sports professional future? Something tells me it will include military haircuts and shaved beards as well. 

BTW the oldest guy out there was out last week (Brayton) with an injury. 

you can't call yourself a pro, unless you are competing against pros.   Then you must decide if you are a pro, or if you are still learning from the pros. So it's the riders call, pro or not pro.

If you are an observer of a rider (or fan). your opinion means nothing, say what you will, but it's all dribble...