XR200 2002 xr200r baja squadron sport ac with trail tech regulator

has anyone here ever used this configuration to where they can stream line this wire up after reading up on the forums i think i know what to do but since yall have a collective knowledge base someone probably has this simplified

• Like 1

Have you gone online to Baja to look at their instructions for installing the Squardron Sport? Or called them?

LEDs require DC and the XR200 only has AC power for lighting.  So absent Baja supplying a RR you will need to install one to convert the XR's AC to DC. 

Do you have a XR200R wiring diagram?

Members in the CRF230F forum have done a lot of light additions and there are also a few in this forum.

If possible use Honda wire colors, wire is available at auto part stores and stores like Home Depot. Electrical tape is available in colors for marking wires.
I know you won't be able to change the Baja colors but you can add color tape, or colored shrink fit tubing, at the ends of the wires to match the Honda colors they attach to.  Or use multi pin connectors so the connections will be fixed. 

Cycle Terminal sells Honda connectors as does Eastern Beaver in Japan.

When I installed a LED light on my XR I wanted it to be easy to remove so I mounted the RR to the back side of the number plate.  All of the wire colors in this pic match Honda. The RR is from an TRX250, the connector plug is from Cycle terminal, the capacitor filters noise like a battery would and allows the Regulator to work better.  All of the connectors are Honda types. If you don't have a good crimping tool you should crimp and then soldier the connections.  I also extended the Pink and Yellow alternator wires from under the tank to the steering head. The black wire from the alternator is for voltage sensing and it needs to be connected to the RR output (red wire). The capacitor is 10,000mfd 50 volt, avail on ebay.

Green is ground
red is unswitched hot
Black is switched hot
Yellow is alternator AC output. ( the XR alternator output is a yellow and pink wires).

The alternator connection in the harness is a short jumper used to short the alternator. Two options: disconnect from the harness and connect 2 yellows to run the steering head. Or pull the jumper out of the harness, cut it in half,  and splice on 2 yellow wires to the steering head.

2022131597_LEDHeadlight(2).jpg.1adb99bef4b1fbafec4de1c68b09d6fc.jpg

the baja webpage gave me options of ac or dc from the factory so i went with the one with the built in rectifier and im pairing it with a trailtech ac regulator because despite having an onboard rectifier this thing does not come regulated for whatever reason, im hoping when the light shows up that it comes with a good diagram but just in case it didnt i thought i would pose the question here, i have a diagram that came with the regulator that appears to be legit but until i have the light in hand i wont know, i will keep everyone informed and post all wiring diagrams when done

latest info, i got the light and im half stupid i ordered the dc model thinking i was ordering the ac model, i have ordered a full wave rectifier and it will be here friday so we shall see what in fact is up with the whatsup