Clarification on instruction for shock in manual!

Inner brass screw is low speed compression, large red knob is high speed. clockwise on either increases damping, counter(anti) clockwise reduces damping. Something of note, the HS adjuster (red knob) is not very linear in adjustment, more like an on/off reaction no matter how far you go in either direction. There are better aftermarket solutions for that downfall if it's something you want to pursue. 

21 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

Inner brass screw is low speed compression, large red knob is high speed. clockwise on either increases damping, counter(anti) clockwise reduces damping. Something of note, the HS adjuster (red knob) is not very linear in adjustment, more like an on/off reaction no matter how far you go in either direction. There are better aftermarket solutions for that downfall if it's something you want to pursue. 

I do know how they work. I was just thrown off by what I circled in red. Was thinking the same as mode12 pointed out about the low speed rotates when turning the high speed knob.

I did have the suspension valved and sprung for my riding terrain and weight. Not sure if it addresses the high speed being more of an on/off thing tho.

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That happens when Italians think they can speak English. ?

Your doing it wrong Doc.You have to read it aloud using rising and falling singsong tones while moving your arms like like a maestro conducting a Wagnerian opera.

Edited by Odysseus
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

What are you trying to tell me mate? Some years ago I was in Italy at least 4 times a year. I do believe you ?

I'm headed to Florence for a destination wedding, then taking a 5 day ride into the mountains on a rented Duc, are you local to the area? 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

I'm headed to Florence for a destination wedding, then taking a 5 day ride into the mountains on a rented Duc, are you local to the area? 

Nope, I am further north in Austria. But I used to be member of the Lancia Delta Integrale Club in Treviso and also was member of a vintage car club in Francenigo.

15 hours ago, dieseleveryday said:

The Italian tractor MFG's are even worse the axles have a "mouse hole" in them to make the axle wet with grease. is their way of saying there's an inspection cover to fill the axle with gear lube

The Spanish (I own a GasGas, a real one not a KTM Gas) are even worse. Reading their owners manuals is better than watching a comedy.... ?

On 2/24/2021 at 8:06 PM, Doc Brown said:

Nope, I am further north in Austria. But I used to be member of the Lancia Delta Integrale Club in Treviso and also was member of a vintage car club in Francenigo.

More than 25yrs ago I had a quick go on a Dealer's Edition Deltona. It was an even a more rare car since it was a Swiss specs (ie emissions) and it came with a 186hp 8 valvole engine (similar to Fiat coupe) instead of the 'normal' 16V.

Still one of the best cars I ever drove.... Note: at the time I was driving a mk3 Golf 1.4..... You understand how  'Mickie Biazion' I felt.... ? ? 

Edited by dirtbird
  • Helpful 1

5 hours ago, dirtbird said:

More than 25yrs ago I had a quick go on a Dealer's Edition Deltona. It was an even a more rare car since it was a Swiss specs (ie emissions) and it came with a 186hp 8 valvole engine (similar to Fiat coupe) instead of the 'normal' 16V.

Still one of the best cars I ever drove.... Note: at the time I was driving a mk3 Golf 1.4..... You understand how  'Mickie Biazion' I felt.... ? ? 

Mine was a Evo II with the 16 valve head and without catalytic converter and emissions stuff it had healthy 211 hp. I tuned it a bit and in the last stage it had 300 but the fuel consumption was insane. 28 liters for 100 km, no clue how much that is in mpg. Not to forget that gas costs about 3 times nore than in the US. In this configuration it made 0-62 in 4.6 seconds which wasn't too bad for an old 91 Lancia. Later I de-tuned it back to 260 hp and the fuel consumption improved, still could do 0-62 in under 5 secs.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-26 um 11.43.02.jpg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Mine was a Evo II with the 16 valve head and without catalytic converter and emissions stuff it had healthy 211 hp. I tuned it a bit and in the last stage it had 300 but the fuel consumption was insane. 28 liters for 100 km, no clue how much that is in mpg. Not to forget that gas costs about 3 times nore than in the US. In this configuration it made 0-62 in 4.6 seconds which wasn't too bad for an old 91 Lancia. Later I de-tuned it back to 260 hp and the fuel consumption improved, still could do 0-62 in under 5 secs.

Aka Efe... Glorious cars but Fiat managed to kill the brand and now is selling us the Mini Mouse-mobile (500) or budget sedans made in Turkey (Tipo)... 

What are you driving now? I remain a Pug driver, mostly 'cause I used to know the brand from the inside and also because I grew up with an old Beetle and the Golf??

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

now we speak serioulsy ??????? 

I ust rode the 200 hp from one friend. can't imagine with extra power and torque, what all transmission had to stand !

stupids runs together with  my 75 turbo  and wast gate tuned to 3 ...   Had to open the engine hood and let all cool down when stopping , otherwise the starter motor was melting ..   Ahhhh this delta..   I learnt driving cars on my father's lancia Fulvia HF with a short gear transmission... Fun at 14 years old ?

Edited by Hannibal Babar

On 2/26/2021 at 4:43 AM, Doc Brown said:

Beautiful car doc!

• Helpful 1