KTM's Factory SX Bike

2 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Especially considering that KTM's top SX rider just ditched it for a spring shock.

Wow it's crazy how people get caught up in the head lights ,read it again and you might see that it wasn't ditched , they went back to a known setting, they do this every week when needed , it's happening all day every day 

It's not black and white

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mog said:

Wow it's crazy how people get caught up in the head lights ,read it again and you might see that it wasn't ditched , they went back to a known setting, they do this every week when needed , it's happening all day every day 

Spin doctoring?  The "known setting" they "went back to" was switching from the air shock to spring shock.

RacerX:  "....you went back to a regular spring shock this week."

Webb:  "Do you change what you just won on last Saturday? For me, I wasn’t willing to do that. So like you alluded to, I think after that first Orlando when everything was clicking, that’s [the spring shock] the go-to."

Wanna try following your own advice and read it again?

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, solimine said:

To paraphrase Carroll Resweber / Joe Leonard "racing is simply a drag race corner to corner."

I have never disagreed more, races are won and lost in the corners....  Lots of guys can do the rhythm lanes the same as everyone else, occasionally someone pulls out a new rhythm that works better but it's often copied soon after. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

6 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I had a bike with air shocks 40 plus years ago.  It's a novelty than can save a few lbs...state of the art back in the day, but nothing I'd ever want again.

Yamaha perfected the air fork way back when...  They had to ditch it, cause no matter how hard her tried Brock could not get "buy"  

2 hours ago, MotorBoatin said:

There's the answer

But Gas Gas did run it.... basic physics tells you that it had to have a large volume gas chamber... but is the chamber an an elastomer or positive displacement?

One thing is certain, the effect of the spring or compressed gas has to be matched to the dampening... Does the current AMA rulebook allow for electronic suspension.?   I kind of doubt it.

BTW:  If KTM or anyone who's winning with something new,... stop and ask yourself, do you really think they're going to tell you what that new thing is?  

Edited by solimine
added text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KTMRider4Life said:

I have never disagreed more, races are won and lost in the corners....  Lots of guys can do the rhythm lanes the same as everyone else, occasionally someone pulls out a new rhythm that works better but it's often copied soon after. 

I'll respond with two things.

1) Joe Leonard is both a USAC National Champion and an AMA National Champion.  Carroll Resweber is a three time AMA National Number One.

2) KTMRider4Life, spend less time in the corners.

1 hour ago, MotorBoatin said:

It’s a week old

And they talked about osinWebb switching.....Relevant 

Your painful ,he stated he has not ridden one since 2013 ! 

Riders switch parts every day ,don't make it to be a huge event ,some rides used the 18 frame in 19, others didn't 

They are still developing the airshock 

6 minutes ago, mog said:

Riders switch parts every day ,don't make it to be a huge event ,some rides used the 18 frame in 19, others didn't 

You said earlier that Webb didn’t ditch the shock but now you're saying he did?

Edited by MotorBoatin
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, redrider144 said:

You obviously didn't watch the video before insisting it isn't relevant

One key component that everybody knows that you and KTM have been working on all year is the air shock, you went back to a regular spring shock this week. Is doing that just taking one element out of the equation so you can just focus on racing and trying to close this points gap as the season moves on?

Yeah, absolutely. The air shock has such massive potential, but we weren’t able to really get as much testing as we were hoping to in the off-season, just due to lack of parts really. The team was here this week and I feel like we actually made great progress with the air shock. I was feeling really good this week with it and confident. Do you change what you just won on last Saturday? For me, I wasn’t willing to do that. So like you alluded to, I think after that first Orlando when everything was clicking, that’s [the spring shock] the go-to. In this class and in the sport we’re always improving and trying to get better. So we’ll work on some things and see where we end up with at Daytona.

Read this twice 

8 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

You said earlier that Webb didn’t ditch the shock but now you're saying he did?

No I didn't say that at all , your confused for sure 

It's not ditched , they are doing on going testing as in his own words ,you need to learn to read lol 

Edited by mog

3 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

Mog will switch sides like a tennis ball at Wimbelton.

Your taking red ,I can't be stubborn and switch sides that's silly 

It takes a whole troop of you to try to Battle with me and you still come up way short lol 

Your all going to look really stupid if he runs it next race lol 

Edited by mog
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mog said:

No I didn't say that at all , your confused for sure 

I think you did 

“Wow it's crazy how people get caught up in the head lights ,read it again and you might see that it wasn't ditched , they went back to a known setting, they do this every week when needed , it's happening all day every day”

• Helpful 1

1 minute ago, MotorBoatin said:

I think you did 

“Wow it's crazy how people get caught up in the head lights ,read it again and you might see that it wasn't ditched , they went back to a known setting, they do this every week when needed , it's happening all day every day”

Your lack of reading skills amazes me ,if you can't understand this then you need to get off the net lol 

2 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

I think you did 

The known setting is the spring shock if you can't work it out lol