Jump to content
Ud_Luz

ITB pants with cargo pockets.

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

Klim might be alright. It's the people that wear it in question :D

All the ADV riders here, wear Klim, and they're all as gay as &%$#@!, lefties.

"Ya lay with Dogs. You'll catch their Fleas". I don't make the rules.

They don't have a secret handshake or anything. They just wear Klim. That's how they identify each other, and their sexual preferences.

When the ADV riders in this entire country were TOLD they are not allowed to ride. They didn't. They're not a hair on a freckle of a real riders ass hole. You can't tell a real rider, they're not allowed to ride. Obviously!

So, I hate all ADV riders now. They're all gayer than AIDS IMO. They're the Australian's I hate most. Try hard, would be's, if they could be's.

And they ALL wear Klim. If ya gonna wear Klim, ya might as well drink at the Blue Oyster as well.

Huh, well, I guess I will have to take a Sharpie to the Klim logo. But I must confess that of the ITB pants I’ve worn, the XC Lite are my favs. I bake in the others I’ve tried. 

Gonna paint the bottom of my G12s red tomorrow — LOL

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drop-Bear said:

Maybe not. But, you'll still look gay :D

I don't spend big money and take time to choose the coolest looking boots, so I can cover them with pants. If that was the case. Black boots would be fine.

Ya boots represent your ability. Next time you're on a group ride. look at the boots all the gumby's are wearing. They'll all be just cheap shit. All the gunns, will have good, top of the range, boots.

Think I'm wrong? Start paying more attention. I'm not wrong.

Runners/joggers/sneakers. Exact same thing. Shoes, boots, make a statement about who and what you are. More than any other item of clothing you'll ever wear.

I'll admit, I tend to judge people on their shoes. And, why do you think women are so fastidious about their shoes? I'm far from the only person that does it.
I won't look you in the eye when we meet. I'll be looking at your feet.

 

At the end of the day. Dirt bike boots, were never intended, to have pants over the top. They were intended to have pants tucked in. Obviously.

I’m a squid and have a pair of sg10s and sg12s... I’ve always invested in proper footwear for whatever activity I’m engaged in:)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Coccyx said:

I’m a squid and have a pair of sg10s and sg12s... I’ve always invested in proper footwear for whatever activity I’m engaged in:)
 

How do you know you're a squid? It's not up to you. Your opinion on the mater, doesn't even count :D

And, you obviously knew the importance of proper footwear before becoming a rider. Most likely, because, you knew you were being judged on your footwear choice. Your shoes represent who you are. Tell me I'm wrong :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohhhh I’m a 🦑 trust me! 
My feet are important. I figured this out from my first ski trip at  5 years old. I don’t need the latest but I do need “good”. I’m on them all day for work. If my feet are happy I’m happy. If I get blisters or my feet hurt I’ve done something wrong. I also have wide forefeet and narrrow heels. Both my pairs  were bought used. I’m also frugal but don’t want mangled feet...:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gflo said:

Klim Dakar IWB have two pockets. 

I prefer the Klim Mojave for our hot sticky summers, I used the Klim Dakar for Spring and Fall.  Great pockets, very handy. But sadly, Klim no longer makes them  big enough to go around my, er, spare tire. They work great for skinny folks, but no longer for me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a retired LEO and as such, have a large box of left over uniform gear.  I find myself riding often in my old 511 TDU cargos.  Velcro flaps on all the pockets. Thick heavy rip stop material. Double layer seat. Mild knee pads if you want to leave them in.  They tuck nicely into my Fox Comp 5 boots to complete my Gumby ensemble.  Carhart cargos work well too.  I save my cool O'neal riding pants and Hi Point boots for when I really want to impress the chicks. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 6.38.45 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Coccyx said:

I’m a squid and have a pair of sg10s and sg12s... I’ve always invested in proper footwear for whatever activity I’m engaged in:)
 

Same here. SG10s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, shrubitup said:

These are all Shrub approved. Not big enough openings to fit OTB. I tuck them into MX boots or wear them outside work boots in the winter. Order them two sizes too big for the waist to get freedom of movement but then cinch them up with Welch brand clip on suspenders. Durable! Dry quickly(ish). Inexpensive. USA made. Pockets that fit man size hands. I fit the Leatt knee guard axio beneath them.

https://www.sierra.com/s~carhartt-duck/2/

Can I vote to just make "quicklyish" a word without the use of (parenthesis)?  Seems legit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

Klim might be alright. It's the people that wear it in question :D

All the ADV riders here, wear Klim, and they're all as gay as &%$#@!, lefties.

"Ya lay with Dogs. You'll catch their Fleas". I don't make the rules.

They don't have a secret handshake or anything. They just wear Klim. That's how they identify each other, and their sexual preferences.

When the ADV riders in this entire country were TOLD they are not allowed to ride. They didn't. They're not a hair on a freckle of a real riders ass hole. You can't tell a real rider, they're not allowed to ride. Obviously!

So, I hate all ADV riders now. They're all gayer than AIDS IMO. They're the Australian's I hate most. Try hard, would be's, if they could be's.

And they ALL wear Klim. If ya gonna wear Klim, ya might as well drink at the Blue Oyster as well.

I feel bad for Klim as a brand. It's not their fault all the gay riders choose their shit. But, it is what it is.

A footy player that doesn't tuck his top in, is an easy target for a tackle. Same as a rider that doesn't tuck his pants in. An injury waiting to happen. As Ud obviously well knows. It's not if, but, when.

Although a lot of ADV guys favor Klim, I have to disagree with your general statement.  Several of the people I ride with wear Klim, as do I.  But I don’t believe I have seen any of them wear the OWB style.  And we are all far from adventure riders.  I find the pockets very convenient to stuff in an extra pair of gloves, camera, rag for wiping goggles, energy bar, etc.  Wish more IWB pants were available with pockets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wearing the O'Neal Apocalypse pants. Very versatile. They have velcro at the bottom to cinch them up tight against your boot. You can also tuck them into your boots.  Nice size pockets. 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ITB pants with pockets is the off road version of a snipe hunt. I did find a few, but have no experience with any of them.

Klim - has several

FastHouse OffRoad 2.0

Fox Legion

Fly Patrol XC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

How do you know you're a squid? It's not up to you. Your opinion on the mater, doesn't even count :D

And, you obviously knew the importance of proper footwear before becoming a rider. Most likely, because, you knew you were being judged on your footwear choice. Your shoes represent who you are. Tell me I'm wrong :devil:

I’ll say some of Drop Bear’s comments might be incendiary but there are some people who take one look at the other’s shoes and decide right there and then if they are going to date / sleep with them / etc. And I have always suspected that some women don’t wear fancy shoes to show off to guys, but rather to their girlfriends. Maybe that’s why some women want to see each other’s closets same way guys want to see each other’s garages. 

Edited by Tahoe Gator
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ud_Luz MSR used to make some ITB pants that had pockets. Now that they have sold out they are no longer made. Find a different place for the stuff than in pockets on your leg. Us old guys are getting brittle and breaking a femur over a bottle of Metamucil is not a good way to finish the day. Waist pack, or go to a vest with more storage versus the camelback. Answer OPS vest if you do not want a full vest like the Frontier, Klim Arsenal, Ogio, etc. 

 

Have you considered a side by side? :devil:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, redhurricane said:

@Ud_Luz MSR used to make some ITB pants that had pockets. Now that they have sold out they are no longer made. Find a different place for the stuff than in pockets on your leg. Us old guys are getting brittle and breaking a femur over a bottle of Metamucil is not a good way to finish the day. Waist pack, or go to a vest with more storage versus the camelback. Answer OPS vest if you do not want a full vest like the Frontier, Klim Arsenal, Ogio, etc. 

 

Have you considered a side by side? :devil:

I'm so disappointed in the new msr stuff I got. My 19 nxt gear set is very high quality, the 20 stuff i just bought is like tissue paper. Unbelievable. 

  • Helpful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tahoe Gator said:

I’ll say some of Drop Bear’s comments might be incendiary but there are some people who take one look at the other’s shoes and decide right there and then if they are going to date / sleep with them / etc. And I have always suspected that some women don’t wear fancy shoes to show off to guys, but rather to their girlfriends. Maybe that’s why some women want to see each other’s closets same way guys want to see each other’s garages. 

My shoe game is on point. I look like a bum who steals Nikes.

  • Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

I'm so disappointed in the new msr stuff I got. My 19 nxt gear set is very high quality, the 20 stuff i just bought is like tissue paper. Unbelievable. 

I have 18/19 NXT and some of the air stuff. 2018 Axxis line was the beginning of the paper thin gear. Don't get me wrong, it's light and well ventilated, but protection is the equivalent of wearing wet paper towels. 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ud_Luz said:

I've worn OTB pants with cargo pockets for years. Well, they bit me again so back to ITB. Any really high quality ITB pants with decent size pockets to carry goggle wipes, a few snacks, a little bit of paper towels and some various small items?

I despise carrying things in a Camelback. 

Here you go Ud.

No need for O or I,  just put all your stuff in a cargo trailer instead of cargo pants.

For your age it'll even carry oxygen tanks or a very small nurse.

🤣

Screenshot_20210223-082252~2.png

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've melted otb pants on 4T pipes so many times I only but itb now. I stopped buying klim when they got bought out by polaris and prices skyrocketed. I picked up a pair of fly patrol xc on closeout for a little over a hundred bucks.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

I'm so disappointed in the new msr stuff I got. My 19 nxt gear set is very high quality, the 20 stuff i just bought is like tissue paper. Unbelievable. 

Team work wear! MX pant quality has now become a race to the bottom on price and quality.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×
×
  • Create New...