Hand guard mount hardware for stock handle bars 2018 300ec

I have a question for all you guys who have some type of hand guards on the stock 2018 handle bars 300 ec Gas Gas. The ends are a night mare. nothing will seem to fit. IT appears that the end opening is less than a 1/2 inch and the walls are thick inside. The closest i got on hardware working is the cycra ultra pro HCM set, the barrel nut on the end is ecver so slightly too large. i thought about drilling it or just buying some new style handle bars that will accept the larger size like my pro tapper evo woods bars on my yzx. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by KPC2

1 hour ago, DEMI said:

Just get different bars.

Yeah thanks! I think it might be easier to do. I know there are alot of numbers in the center of the stock bars, I guess that tells the width and rise etc., Im pretty sure the stockers are 1 1/8 " at the mounts. New bars are about $80 bucks and I can mount anything to them. 

26 minutes ago, KPC2 said:

Yeah thanks! I think it might be easier to do. I know there are alot of numbers in the center of the stock bars, I guess that tells the width and rise etc., Im pretty sure the stockers are 1 1/8 " at the mounts. New bars are about $80 bucks and I can mount anything to them. 

They are 1 1/8... those don't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, just help you position evenly with visual marks.

I ran into the same issue, bar ends I had didn't work either. I don't think threaded ones would either. New bars is the easiest approach. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks! I think beastieboy did the threaded tap on his but you have to know what size mm tap. I know I seen some kits online that came with the tap and threaded barrel, but you have to know for sure the inside diameter. I think I will go with some evo woods maybe a little higher rise. Plus you can get differnt colors if you want.

Edited by KPC2
spelling

Thanks Home Skillet. I already finished the other bars, but that is awesome to know since I still have the stock bars. Here are my new evo woods high bars with the Cycra ultra pro mounts.

IMG_20210303_183532186.jpg

IMG_20210303_183522667.jpg

IMG_20210303_183542449.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

These are the nicest and strongest set I have ever had, but they do cost a bit. Really like how i can set the controls so easy without bending lines and rubbing.

• Helpful 1