Lobotomizer

Does ThumperTalk have geolocation enabled?

Question

Hello,

This is a general inquiry for a moderator...if possible for them to see this.

Does ThumperTalk have geolocation enabled? i.e. when a photo is posted, can members extrapolate the location of the post and loc of photo (where originally taken)?

when I would post pictures of outdoor trips, will it show exact location of where the photo was taken?

many thanks in advance

8 answers to this question

54 minutes ago, Lobotomizer said:

Hello,

This is a general inquiry for a moderator...if possible for them to see this.

Does ThumperTalk have geolocation enabled? i.e. when a photo is posted, can members extrapolate the location of the post and loc of photo (where originally taken)?

when I would post pictures of outdoor trips, will it show exact location of where the photo was taken?

many thanks in advance

That is something you could/should disable on your camera.  Search EFIX data. 

That’s a good question whether TT retains EFIX data in your photo.  ???

• Like 1

I've never looked. But it depends. I too, would scrub the photo before sharing it with ANYONE.

I've moved this thread to 'right place' for you.

3 hours ago, William1 said:

I've never looked. But it depends. I too, would scrub the photo before sharing it with ANYONE.

I've moved this thread to 'right place' for you.

I have “location services” off at times and on at times...so, I was unsure if others could tell where I was taking photos up on the trails in the sawtooth mountains this spring. I looked on wife’s IPad and couldn’t see location, so was unsure. Some pics show the location, even if we are 100 miles from nowhere...it puts photo close to our location. Really asking because a good friend in Germany posted a photo of his Harley in his garage...next morning when he returned home from work, his garage door was ripped open and the bike was gone. That was Facebook and it got me wondering about this forum and YouTube as well...want to post drone footage and videos as we explore deep into the National Forests of central to northern Idaho.

8 minutes ago, Lobotomizer said:

I have “location services” off at times and on at times...so, I was unsure if others could tell where I was taking photos up on the trails in the sawtooth mountains this spring. I looked on wife’s IPad and couldn’t see location, so was unsure. Some pics show the location, even if we are 100 miles from nowhere...it puts photo close to our location. Really asking because a good friend in Germany posted a photo of his Harley in his garage...next morning when he returned home from work, his garage door was ripped open and the bike was gone. That was Facebook and it got me wondering about this forum and YouTube as well...want to post drone footage and videos as we explore deep into the National Forests of central to northern Idaho.

I just looked at the EXIF data from a dozen pictures, it was not there.

@Brian III

27 minutes ago, Brian III said:

We strip all identifiable EXIF data on upload to protect privacy. 

Awesome! 🤘🤘🤘 thanks for the reply.

• Helpful 1

4 hours ago, Brian III said:

We strip all identifiable EXIF data on upload to protect privacy. 

That is great.  Thank you, for doing that.

4 hours ago, William1 said:

I just looked at the EXIF data from a dozen pictures, it was not there.

@Brian III

So how are you viewing the efix data.  I have only been able to see it in photoshop.

I guess Harleys are pretty rare and expensive in Germany.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Mid-Night Rambler said:

That is great.  Thank you, for doing that.

So how are you viewing the efix data.  I have only been able to see it in photoshop.

I guess Harleys are pretty rare and expensive in Germany.

Apparently not. On FB (mark it's place). They are FREE!  :mad:

Edited by 00boob