Difference between KLX and DRZ

I dropped by the Kawasaki shop today and they have 2 '03 KLX 400. One new for $5000 (I know it's been their for a long time and I could probably pay less) and a used one with a FMF exhaust and not sure what else, for $4700 that looks like it's in good shape (pretty fresh dunlops). What do you experts think is the best buy? Also according to Kawasaki.com the 400 is no longer made, correct? They appear to be the same as the DRZ 400E, which I can also get new probably for the $4700. The KLX's don't have tail lights, does the DRZ? Seems odd to have a headlight, but not tail!? If Dunlops are stock on the KLX, it's hardly been ridden. Like a dope I didn't think to see what tires were on the new one. Thoughts/opinions?

One other thing, Kawasaki's web page seems to claim that something on the KLX 300 is "new" for this year. But no details. Is that just marketing blowing smoke, or did they actually make some changes other than graphics? And what was the last year for their 400 (I'm just full of questions aren't, see, there is another one, did you notice 8^))?

It's not listed on their WEB site. 110's, 125's and 300R are all they list for KLX. I guess they are trying harder not to step on each others toes. ?

http://www.kawasaki.com/index2.asp

Is there any way to tell if a bike has the MCCT without disesembling, which isn't too practical in the show room, know what I mean and I'll bet they won't know? They seem to know as little about their bikes as is humanly possible.

to answer your question...the DRZ and the KLX are not just similiar...they are identical. The only difference is the color. It was a one year deal with an agreement between Kawasaki and Suzuki to fill product holes in each others lines and share development costs.

The KLX-R does not have a tail light and is not street legal. It is the green twin to the DRZ-E. The KLX-SR is the twin to the dual sport DRZ-S.

I have the KLX 400 SR. I love it!

Is there any way to tell if a bike has the MCCT without disesembling, which isn't too practical in the show room, know what I mean and I'll bet they won't know? They seem to know as little about their bikes as is humanly possible.

Yes, a MCCT will look like this..

IMG_3119.jpg

Or this...

imageapetensioner.gif

Baja, You're bike is way too clean.

Actually I hijacked that off of one of Machinist's posts I think. Don't know who it belongs to, I just grabbed the first MCCT picture I saw. Mine usually looks like this... (without the bow of course)

mud2.jpg