The RM125 seems to be in good condition. It has recently had a full engine rebuild. My CR85R is in good condition and I just rebuilt my top end and put a new rear shock and wheel assembly on it. Do you all think this would be a good trade and why or why not? 

DF2CDC39-0F1C-4296-8BF0-910483017ED3.png

6D4E3C7C-F8C4-4ECE-87F3-4CA2CF6EF96E.jpeg

You can't judge condition and value by pics alone.

5 minutes inspection in person could reveal many hundred dollars in repairs are expected on either bike.

Edited by mlatour
  • Like 1

Brady B, what does a full engine rebuild mean to you?

To me it means the transmission, shifting components, clutch system, crankshaft & bearings, piston kit and a host of other engine parts are new or rebuilt. What about the CARB, has it been rebuilt and jetted correctly?

I can tell you just in Transmission Components as in my own experience that would cost around $1300, add another $385 minimum for Aftermarket Crankshaft / Piston Kit sold on Ebay. Heck a Pro-X Clutch System is another $300-400. Bringing a total of over 2K normally.

That 2001 RM125 looks like it has new plastics and some other dress up stuff recently installed. Trusting someone that you don't know without some serious proof of the engine being overhauled "completely" is iffy at best.

Your two bikes "IAW" KBB ACV are around $100 apart in ACV. So yea it's an even trade in my opinion.

I don't know if I would trade. Buts that's because I am not particularly fond of trading.

I would go for the 125, but you ever know about a full engine rebuild quality of parts used etc. Ask the guy what all he did for the rebuild.

I contacted a guy about a 125 that I wanted but he never got back with me about it.