indy rider

offroad Hard Enduro racer Tim Coleman in critical condition

19 minutes ago, markit said:

Basically he is clear of the  Induced Acoma and having a few problems (collapse lung) they corrected. He has communicated with them a little bit so there fairly sure he's ok mentally and just going to take time. Go to the GFP and contrib if U can to help the family and him out.

Great news! Thanks for the update.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, markit said:

Basically he is clear of the  Induced Acoma and having a few problems (collapse lung) they corrected. He has communicated with them a little bit so there fairly sure he's ok mentally and just going to take time. Go to the GFP and contrib if U can to help the family and him out.

Did they figure out what happened? I've seen both heat stroke and spider/snake bite?

6 hours ago, nickmell said:

Did they figure out what happened? I've seen both heat stroke and spider/snake bite?

Snake bite was discounted from early on, Def heat stroke. He got off the bike and was felling bad and laid down, no crash and there where people there helping him just wasnt a lot they could do. This is just what I've found on the web but is said to be ok with the family.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

On 3/18/2021 at 2:24 PM, Babyarmholdingapple said:

That was just the video not to piss off Ud as much better ones are out there.

Canadian girls are the shit from what I have found.   

You'd better try Kiwi then. Seriously does not get any better.

We didn't have a summer this yr. I've had the heater on every day this "summer". QLD, where the race was held, is hot AF and humid AF. Even in their winter. Just getting off the plane makes you sweat your ass off, and gets you short of breath.
Going from cold shit weather here in Vic, to racing in the tropics, was never gonna end well.
Tim also lives pretty much in the mountains, so, makes it even worse.

Always hated hard enduro. Now, even more so.

Edited by Drop-Bear

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

I have a mate that's mates with Tim's family. I'll call him now and see if there's any updates.

Thanks' DB. Where all pulling and Praying for him here in the US.

Edited by markit
  • Like 1

My mate just got back to me. He said there's been no change as far as he knows, and they need money. They're still in QLD.

It's not sounding good at all.  Can only hope for the best I guess.

Sorry I didn't have any good news for ya's.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

My mate just got back to me. He said there's been no change as far as he knows, and they need money. They're still in QLD.

It's not sounding good at all.  Can only hope for the best I guess.

Sorry I didn't have any good news for ya's.

Hate to hear that. I guess I can afford to chip in a little more. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/tim-coleman?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

4 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

You heard anything @OZ DRZ?

All the official updates are being posted by his Ina, his wife, here. https://www.facebook.com/hallsy1

32 days in Intensive care now. 
It appears to mainly have been heat stroke and possibly other complicating factors (not snake or spider bite).
He's finally conscious, had the tube removed and can communicate but can't walk yet.

Tim's still not out of the woods, and faces a very long recovery. The main fundraiser is a Gofundme page here

A pile of us are organizing various fundraisers as they'll be doing it tough with lost income, rehab bills etc in the future. 

If anyone becomes a supporter of my dodgy Cross Training Enduro channel I'm giving it to Tim...
just add #ridefortim56 as a note. 

Edited by OZ DRZ
  • Like 3
  • Helpful 3

On 4/2/2021 at 6:39 AM, markit said:

Holy crap what a nightmare!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jtomasik said:

Holy crap what a nightmare!

I keep seeing around of bike overheating but cant really tell is his bike was having this problem or not.

8 minutes ago, markit said:

I keep seeing around of bike overheating but cant really tell is his bike was having this problem or not.

You'll never hear me say this about my bike when I lawn dart it and get hurt, but when it comes to another rider.....I don't care about the bike.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jtomasik said:

You'll never hear me say this about my bike when I lawn dart it and get hurt, but when it comes to another rider.....I don't care about the bike.

Yea, there bikes are being pushed to the point and beyond. 🔥 Really glad he's doing better, full recovery!!!:prof:

• Like 2

A head's up to anyone donating via the GoFundMe page:  I have the autofill turned on for my electronic transaction cards where I only have to put in my security code.  For some reason the donation page put a different expiration date in my donation form.  Took me a couple unsuccessful donate attempts to figure it out.  Once I manually put in the right date, it worked.  Just an FYI if you donate and it doesn't seem to work...check this.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jtomasik said:

A head's up to anyone donating via the GoFundMe page:  I have the autofill turned on for my electronic transaction cards where I only have to put in my security code.  For some reason the donation page put a different expiration date in my donation form.  Took me a couple unsuccessful donate attempts to figure it out.  Once I manually put in the right date, it worked.  Just an FYI if you donate and it doesn't seem to work...check this.

We're 24 hours, a day, ahead of you. I'm assuming the GoFundMe page is Australian 

• Helpful 1

10 hours ago, Drop-Bear said:

We're 24 hours, a day, ahead of you. I'm assuming the GoFundMe page is Australian 

Pretty sure it wasn't that.  It was days off.  Probably user-error....lol...

• Like 1