I recently ran into clutch problems on my 2006 yz85. The clutch would literally have no effect. So I took the cover off and realized the the inner and outer hub were in pretty bad shape. So I decided to order them. On top of that the plates were bad too, so I ordered a tusk plate kit. Everything came, I installed it and it still won’t properly engage. Even after putting oil in it and leaving it to warm up for 5-7 minutes. When I put it in gear there is still a slight resistance. I would say the clutch is engaging about 80-90 percent. All the new parts are oem except the plates. Could that be the problem? (I doubt it) I don’t really know what else to replace. The springs? Or pressure plate? 

Any help is appreciated.

Have you properly adjusted the cable up at the lever ?

also some time if you’re not paying attention you can install the pressure plate incorrectly so that it doesn’t engage with the clutch hub and the plates will be loose

Edited by ss-racing

13 minutes ago, ss-racing said:

Have you properly adjusted the cable up at the lever ?

also some time if you’re not paying attention you can install the pressure plate incorrectly so that it doesn’t engage with the clutch hub and the plates will be loose

There is about a width of a dime of slack/free play