Gasgas EX350f owners?

• 1 month later...

I have one and absolutely love it! I also have a Beta 300 and I don't have any trouble going anywhere on the 350 that I take the Beta. With that being said I don't ride the the super technical stuff that I'm sure the 300 would shine in.

• Like 1

Picked one up Tuesday. Two rides on it now and so far so good. It is a very solid feeling ride. A little 'clunky' in the tight stuff compared to my yz250x but I'm quickly getting used to it. Only real issue is stalling at low speed, I've been riding 2 strokes for so long I forgot about that! I'll get used to it though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/21/2021 at 10:06 PM, twooofiddy said:

Picked one up Tuesday. Two rides on it now and so far so good. It is a very solid feeling ride. A little 'clunky' in the tight stuff compared to my yz250x but I'm quickly getting used to it. Only real issue is stalling at low speed, I've been riding 2 strokes for so long I forgot about that! I'll get used to it though.

How's the stalling after putting some time on it? I've read of some riders noticing the bike being much less prone to stalling after putting about 10 hours on it.

I'm still waiting for my ORV reg to arrive so have only ridden on my property.  I did get a street plate for it, and am planning the lighting setup now. Hopefully the OE stator & regulator can keep up for the short stints I might need to run the street gear.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChR1s said:

How's the stalling after putting some time on it? I've read of some riders noticing the bike being much less prone to stalling after putting about 10 hours on it.

I'm still waiting for my ORV reg to arrive so have only ridden on my property.  I did get a street plate for it, and am planning the lighting setup now. Hopefully the OE stator & regulator can keep up for the short stints I might need to run the street gear.

I bumped the idle up a tiny bit and have had much less issues with flameouts. I haven't gotten my ORV reg yet either, but no issues yet from rangers. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 10:14 AM, ChR1s said:

Are you gonna go with the ec300 headlight? Just wondering if it will bolt up to the ex350. Cant believe its this hard to find a headlight for the ex350.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, JWR14 said:

Are you gonna go with the ec300 headlight? Just wondering if it will bolt up to the ex350. Cant believe its this hard to find a headlight for the ex350.

I went with an Acerbis mask and KTM DOT headlight (I swapped out the bulb for an LED H4, to reduce current). I did have to run a longer brake line to clear the added girth.

ETA - There is no wiring in place to run a light.  I used a relay kit from Cyclops Adventure Sports to power up my setup.

hl.png.d967121e84c103c03fdffb4a773af45a.png

Edited by ChR1s

• 2 months later...
On 6/4/2021 at 2:16 PM, ChR1s said:

I went with an Acerbis mask and KTM DOT headlight (I swapped out the bulb for an LED H4, to reduce current). I did have to run a longer brake line to clear the added girth.

ETA - There is no wiring in place to run a light.  I used a relay kit from Cyclops Adventure Sports to power up my setup.

hl.png.d967121e84c103c03fdffb4a773af45a.png

Did you use this harness? https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/KTMHusky-Relayed-LightingGrip-Harness_p_186.html

Just got my plate. Looking for the most cost effective way to add head and tail lights. Skipping blinkers for now. 

3 hours ago, ChR1s said:

Yes sir, that's the one.

Nice. I will order one. Managed the find the acerbis VSL headlight in the OEM shroud. Will be wiring that along w the acerbis tail light. Are you running an on/off switch for the headlight? If so which one?

2 minutes ago, twooofiddy said:

Nice. I will order one. Managed the find the acerbis VSL headlight in the OEM shroud. Will be wiring that along w the acerbis tail light. Are you running an on/off switch for the headlight? If so which one?

I'm running full road legal lighting setup, using the K&S Technologies 12-0055 switch. It's narrower than most. I've moved the killswitch inboard and have the map switch mounted on the throttle side of the bars.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update after 17.5 hours

• Scotts steering damper w/BRP sub-mount was installed (with the blue bushings). Arm pump has be conspicuously absent, and I've beaten myself nearly senseless in a few hare scrambles with this setup. The increase in bar height works well enough for me, at 6' tall. Of note, the sub-mount does look like it'd prevent you from dropping the front more than the standard two lines showing.
  • Rekluse Radius CX installed at 15 hours, and used for one hare scramble. Install and basic setup was a cinch, though I did not get a chance to perform any fine tuning prior to the event. The dead engine start in 2nd gear did take me a bit longer to get going though, as there was a slight bit of clutch drag. With the standard setup, the clutch engagement was a tad soft for me at times when wanting to blip the throttle at lower revs. Thinking I might try the optional springs for a quicker engagement. I would not bother with this clutch for untimed, technical riding. But for someone that's got issues with manipulating the clutch (I'm 56, and feeling it lately) during a 2 hour race (or maybe wants to ride this bike as a trail plonker) the Radius CX does work very well at reducing rider fatigue and lessens stalling. Flame-outs have been all but eliminated.
  • I've been running stock gearing but the Radius CX install has me thinking of adding a tooth to the rear sprocket to bring the revs up a bit, in an effort to keep the clutch engaged at the 3rd gear trail speeds I'm often running.
  • Kreft Moto Plush Tank was added a few hours ago, but I had removed it prior to this latest race. Its absence was very noticeable while navigating large rocks at lower speeds. It's not a perfect solution but it does take a bit of the edge off the harshness when not carrying sufficient speed for the fork to absorb abrupt hits.
  • The fork needs work if you're not that fast in rocky terrain. I'm not that fast. I have ran sections at high speeds, and felt how good the fork really can be. But I cannot maintain those speeds. The mid-stroke is just too speed sensitive for my riding, and I'm suffering for it. The 7K Machine, Rock-Monster re-valve kit has captured my attention but it may be some time before I get around to that, as my riding season is nearing its end.
Edited by ChR1s
  • Like 1

Just finished a 2 week riding trip through CO & UT, bringing my bike to a total of ~60hrs (broke my first hour meter)

Impressions:

- This bike is phenomenal for fast, open west coast riding, as well as rocky stuff like the San Rafael Swell in UT (5 miles of hell area). In general, single track out west has a lot less roots, rocks, and tight corners than back east. IMO the weak spot for this bike is slow speed on tough terrain. Where it is rocky, I found I usually had better run ups than back home. If you can keep the speed up it is amazing. 

- Related to above: suspension works great at speed. Mediocre when going slow. I did find the shock has that WP kick occasionally when going fast through rocky sections. Gave me a good scare a couple times. Frustrating compared to my YZ's kyb suspension which I felt I can point straight through anything and the only limiting factor is myself. 

- It hill climbs like a mofo. 

- Down on power a bit at altitude (10-13000ft), Same as any ICE bike. Actually felt great and manageable... maybe I should have got a 250 lol.

- Bit lean at altitude. Got some popping on decel. Would probably look into tuning ECU if I lived there. 

-Bike eats rear tires very fast

Issues:

- The factory wiring sucks. Wiring to the starter button frayed at the connector behind the number plate. Corroded about 8" further from there due to fraying. Factory connectors and wiring job are pretty poor quality for a high dollar machine. Taped it on the spot in UT. Will repair soon. 

- Counter shaft seal leak. My bike has developed the classic KTM automatic chain luber issue. Not a big deal as a counter shaft seal is $5, but you would think they'd have figured this out by now. 

Pics:gasgas-1.jpg.3d99eeb141b66b0c62b6c99519901600.jpg

gasgas2.jpg.058ba98fbf42ef27c76797a416dfeb4e.jpg

Edited by twooofiddy
  • Like 2