Jump to content

Anyone had the JD Jetting tuner reflashed for the 305cc big bore?


Recommended Posts

I'm ordering a big bore kit for my 2020 250L. I already have a JD Jetting Power Surge 6x fuel tuner installed and would rather not have to get the Dobeck EJK version if I can help it. I've sent JD Jetting a message about a reflash and I'm waiting for a reply. I figured I'd check in here to see if anyone has dealt with the 305cc BBK and a JD Jetting tuner already, and whether or not they had it reflashed. Thanks for any info you can send my way.

Edited by ThebottomenD
spelling
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/20/2021 at 12:33 PM, ThebottomenD said:

I'm ordering a big bore kit for my 2020 250L. I already have a JD Jetting Power Surge 6x fuel tuner installed and would rather not have to get the Dobeck EJK version if I can help it. I've sent JD Jetting a message about a reflash and I'm waiting for a reply. I figured I'd check in here to see if anyone has dealt with the 305cc BBK and a JD Jetting tuner already, and whether or not they had it reflashed. Thanks for any info you can send my way.

Check out our Facebook page and store, I can put together a calibration for your stock ECU to account for the big bore kit. You then would be able to run your JD Jetting tuner on top of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, klotzy_550 said:

Check out our Facebook page and store, I can put together a calibration for your stock ECU to account for the big bore kit. You then would be able to run your JD Jetting tuner on top of that.

Certainly an option, although I'll have to find my Facebook password since I haven't been on there in a year. What I'd like to do is replace the injector with one that flows a little more but I haven't found much info on injectors other than that the 450L injector is too big. On my cars, when I've needed more fuel I can find flow rate info pretty easily and take injectors from a car with just the right amount of flow and put it in mine.

Do yo have a website by any chance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, ThebottomenD said:

Certainly an option, although I'll have to find my Facebook password since I haven't been on there in a year. What I'd like to do is replace the injector with one that flows a little more but I haven't found much info on injectors other than that the 450L injector is too big. On my cars, when I've needed more fuel I can find flow rate info pretty easily and take injectors from a car with just the right amount of flow and put it in mine.

Do yo have a website by any chance?

We don't have a website unfortunately. You should still be able to browse as a guest on Facebook. If you have any direct inquiries of want to tailor something to your build, you can reach me directly at support@550performance.com for the quickest turn around. 

The 450X/R/L injector is too large, it would work, but you would be running into idle issues. The 250R injector would be better suited as they produce around 40 wHP and rev higher than our bikes. I did a calculation a while back and I would have to double check my figures, but an Indian Scout 60 injector should be pretty close to dead on with a 325cc build without having to really adjust the PW characterization. 

With the 305cc BBK you shouldn't need to change your injector though, it isn't until you start exceeding 330cc that you really need to start looking for a new injector. 

 

-Maverick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2021 at 11:57 AM, klotzy_550 said:

We don't have a website unfortunately. You should still be able to browse as a guest on Facebook. If you have any direct inquiries of want to tailor something to your build, you can reach me directly at support@550performance.com for the quickest turn around. 

The 450X/R/L injector is too large, it would work, but you would be running into idle issues. The 250R injector would be better suited as they produce around 40 wHP and rev higher than our bikes. I did a calculation a while back and I would have to double check my figures, but an Indian Scout 60 injector should be pretty close to dead on with a 325cc build without having to really adjust the PW characterization. 

With the 305cc BBK you shouldn't need to change your injector though, it isn't until you start exceeding 330cc that you really need to start looking for a new injector. 

 

-Maverick

I did get a chance to check out your stuff on Facebook and I think once I get my cylinder installed, it would be a good idea to have some fuel and ignition map changes done. Based on what I've been able to find on the stock injector flow rate is that it's a 230 - 240cc injector max and I'm concerned that with a 305cc big bore I'll be close to the max duty cycle and the injector might just hang open some times. (Keep in mind I'm basing these assumptions on experience with tuning my old OBD1 Volvo 940 turbo so it might not be relevant.

I plan on installing the big bore kit in the next couple weeks but next winter I'm probably going to get the crank and balancer for the 286cc version of my engine. I ended up finding a 280cc injector from Yuminashi in Thailand. They sell a few different sizes of injectors ranging from 210cc to 360cc and the 280 was as close to their recommended size for a 4 valve 305cc engine that they had (according to the chart on the website). So taking all this into account, once the bike is running with the big bore kit, I'll contact you so we can get started with a custom tune.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ThebottomenD said:

I did get a chance to check out your stuff on Facebook and I think once I get my cylinder installed, it would be a good idea to have some fuel and ignition map changes done. Based on what I've been able to find on the stock injector flow rate is that it's a 230 - 240cc injector max and I'm concerned that with a 305cc big bore I'll be close to the max duty cycle and the injector might just hang open some times. (Keep in mind I'm basing these assumptions on experience with tuning my old OBD1 Volvo 940 turbo so it might not be relevant.

I plan on installing the big bore kit in the next couple weeks but next winter I'm probably going to get the crank and balancer for the 286cc version of my engine. I ended up finding a 280cc injector from Yuminashi in Thailand. They sell a few different sizes of injectors ranging from 210cc to 360cc and the 280 was as close to their recommended size for a 4 valve 305cc engine that they had (according to the chart on the website). So taking all this into account, once the bike is running with the big bore kit, I'll contact you so we can get started with a custom tune.

There was a flow test done on a CRF250L injector and it was measured to be about 260cc/min. Using this calculator at 50psi rail pressure (thats what our bikes run) the injector should be good to support 45HP at the crank. My 286cc stroker makes about 33hp at the crank. The 305cc will be fine on the stock injector, I suspect you to have ~35HP at the crank after proper tuning. The 350 will definitely start encroaching on that DC limit depending on what the supporting mods are. 

Feel free to reach out anytime, more than happy to help!

 

-Maverick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, klotzy_550 said:

There was a flow test done on a CRF250L injector and it was measured to be about 260cc/min. Using this calculator at 50psi rail pressure (thats what our bikes run) the injector should be good to support 45HP at the crank. My 286cc stroker makes about 33hp at the crank. The 305cc will be fine on the stock injector, I suspect you to have ~35HP at the crank after proper tuning. The 350 will definitely start encroaching on that DC limit depending on what the supporting mods are. 

Feel free to reach out anytime, more than happy to help!

 

-Maverick

Ok, that makes me feel better about the stock injector. I didn't see any of that info, I must not have searched hard enough. Maybe the injector info I got was for the pre 2017 models. I suppose I could run the new injector I ordered with the 305 and the "stage 2" DC cams I already have in the head and maybe pull out a little fuel with the fuel injection tuner if need be until I can get some adjustments made to the ecu. Or not run that injector until I put the new crank in.

Thanks! I'll be in touch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2021 at 2:26 PM, klotzy_550 said:

There was a flow test done on a CRF250L injector and it was measured to be about 260cc/min. Using this calculator at 50psi rail pressure (thats what our bikes run) the injector should be good to support 45HP at the crank. My 286cc stroker makes about 33hp at the crank. The 305cc will be fine on the stock injector, I suspect you to have ~35HP at the crank after proper tuning. The 350 will definitely start encroaching on that DC limit depending on what the supporting mods are. 

Feel free to reach out anytime, more than happy to help!

 

-Maverick

Hey, sent you a PM about getting my ecu reprogrammed. I'll try to log into facebook this weekend if I don't hear back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/8/2021 at 5:44 AM, ThebottomenD said:

Hey, sent you a PM about getting my ecu reprogrammed. I'll try to log into facebook this weekend if I don't hear back.

TheBottomenD

I replied to your Pm.

 

-Maverick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

×
×
  • Create New...