Cade 247

procircuit r304 shorty vs factory sound

whats the diffrence between these two is it diffrent sounds better lowend on one etc?

10 hours ago, Cade 247 said:

whats the diffrence between these two is it diffrent sounds better lowend on one etc?

R304 is what I have on my 2019. It sounds like a normal 2 stroke, not loud and went well with the rk tek head. The factory sound is about another 4 inches longer and probably doesn’t add or take away from the character of the stock unit. The shorty didn’t impact top end, and again, isn’t loud..... if anything it’s just now able to be heard

I have the r304 shorty on my TE300i here's a video comparing my bike to a friend's stock bike, it might give you overall idea of how the r304 shorty sounds. The shorty added a bit of snap to the bike on top of the already installed factory fatty. 

I have the R304 on my 21’ TC250 and it sounds good. Less muffled than the stock silencer. The shorty gives the bike a little more over rev due to a less restrictive exhaust. It’s not loud by any means and definitely produces more of a classic 2 stroke note.

It’s a solid $100 upgrade over stock as it adds a nice look and a little performance with some increased over-rev.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, Cade 247 said:

The R304 has been shown to improve power over stock on some bikes more than the pipe itself.  That's essentially unheard of.  They are a very optimized design.  I have both, but couldn't tell you off the top of my head how much different they sound.

The 19 SX 150 gained 1 hp just from the silencer