KTMRider4Life

Another Yamarider Jumping Ship?

Rumors floating, and I have to say I said it would happen.  And I’ll bet his results improve if it happens. Though I’ll bet Yamaha fights even harder this time. 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

Rumors floating, and I have to say I said it would happen.  And I’ll bet his results improve if it happens. Though I’ll bet Yamaha fights even harder this time. 

They might not fight too hard over Plessinger.  Ferrandis is the one their future hopes are pinned on.  And I'd bet that Red Bull KTM is eyeing DF as Marv's replacement.

Edited by redrider144
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

They might not fight too hard over Plessinger.  Ferrandis is the one their future hopes are pinned on.  And I'd bet that Red Bull KTM is eyeing DF as Marv's replacement.

The rumor is Marv is back for 22 so....  That may fit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KTMRider4Life said:

The rumor is Marv is back for 22 so....  That may fit. 

Yeah, I had been thinking that they'd likely put Marv on a 1 year deal, to extend him until Ferrradis is available.

There is a lot of stuff going on with AP and Yamaha.  AP is fielding other offers, and Yamaha is going after someone else. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Is df injured ? He started the season strong but looks a bit "10th place" at the moment? 

Edited by mog

22 minutes ago, mog said:

Is df injured ? He started the season strong but looks a bit "10th place" at the moment? 

He's 8th and within striking distance of Anderson and Stewart.

Lets see where he finishes?

He's doing a lot better than the local freshman heroes.

23 minutes ago, Momus said:

He's 8th and within striking distance of Anderson and Stewart.

Lets see where he finishes?

He's doing a lot better than the local freshman heroes.

It was a joke 😂

• Haha 1

A.P.'s comments were that he liked his present team.  'Course that could just be P.R. stuff to keep all avenues open.  Surprised of KTM's interest, though.  However much I like A.P., he isn't exactly the biggest young threat to win a c'ship, indoors or out.  'Course that could change, but as of right now, his results haven't been showing a solid direction north in his career.  KTM doesn't really have a solid outdoor threat.  Thought they might chase someone else.

1 hour ago, jtomasik said:

A.P.'s comments were that he liked his present team.  'Course that could just be P.R. stuff to keep all avenues open.  Surprised of KTM's interest, though.  However much I like A.P., he isn't exactly the biggest young threat to win a c'ship, indoors or out.  'Course that could change, but as of right now, his results haven't been showing a solid direction north in his career.  KTM doesn't really have a solid outdoor threat.  Thought they might chase someone else.

Webb was hardly a top contender( 450)  before KTM picked  him 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GBow521 said:

There is a lot of stuff going on with AP and Yamaha.  AP is fielding other offers, and Yamaha is going after someone else. 

I don’t blame them. He’s been a non-factor on the big bike 

Anybody moving up from the 250s has more upside 

11 minutes ago, mog said:

Not while he was on the Star 450

The factory screwed the pooch on that one 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

I don’t blame them. He’s been a non-factor on the big bike 

Anybody moving up from the 250s has more upside 

Agreed, but wouldn't that same assessment have applied to Webb in 2018?

10 minutes ago, redrider144 said:

Agreed, but wouldn't that same assessment have applied to Webb in 2018?

Yes

The only difference to me is the fact that Webb rode great on the Star 450. I thought Yamaha had championship potential when they signed him

I was never impressed with Plessinger outdoors. His fitness has always been suspect 

• Helpful 1

8 minutes ago, MotorBoatin said:

Yes

The only difference to me is the fact that Webb rode great on the Star 450. I thought Yamaha had championship potential when they signed him

I was never impressed with Plessinger outdoors. His fitness has always been suspect 

How many times did he ride the star bike ? 

3 minutes ago, mog said:

How many times did he ride the star bike ? 

A couple MXGPs and the MXON

Enough to see he could ride the 450 just as good as his 250

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mog said:

Doesn't guarantee that Plessinger will be.  Works both ways, buddy.  And, I'd think KTM is signing riders with the objective of championships, not just to be a contender.

BTW, Webb had won 3 pro championships on 250's, which is pretty damn good.  He was only in the 450 class for one year before signing with KTM.  Plessinger won one 250MX title, and has been in 450's for 3 years struggling.  Certainly not apples to apples.

1 hour ago, jtomasik said:

Doesn't guarantee that Plessinger will be.  Works both ways, buddy.  And, I'd think KTM is signing riders with the objective of championships, not just to be a contender.

BTW, Webb had won 3 pro championships on 250's, which is pretty damn good.  He was only in the 450 class for one year before signing with KTM.  Plessinger won one 250MX title, and has been in 450's for 3 years struggling.  Certainly not apples to apples.

Webb rode the yz450 for two years, he had a two year contract, he never won a race, not sure if he podiumed more than once.  

he switched to KTM and instachamp. I called that happening when he was riding 250’s. 

• Haha 1