jtomasik

Round 13 Atlanta SX Trash Talk - CALLING MANIAC998

Posted (edited)

Yeah, still a week away.  But, trash talking this event might give us something more to do than politics and male-male sex comments.   

For 250's, I'll guess Marchbanks for the W, with Lawrence and McAdoo on the podium.  For 450's, I'll go Tomac for the win, KR and Mookie on the podium.  Why Mookie?  Because....

Maniac998, my "long-shot" call is Mookie Stewart on the podium for this event for the bet.  He didn't do as well as AP7 at Daytona, but he was the next guy on the win list for that event.  Also, he's just behind AP in points, so they're closely matched.  Anyway, if you're up for it, same bet as last time.  Lemme know if you're interested, bruh.

Atlanta Track Map

round13-atlanta-track-map-01.jpg

Points standings:

https://www.supercrosslive.com/championship-standings

Edited by jtomasik
  • Helpful 1

2 hours ago, jtomasik said:

Yeah, still a week away.  But, trash talking this event might give us something more to do than politics and male-male sex comments.   

For 250's, I'll guess Marchbanks for the W, with Lawrence and McAdoo on the podium.  For 450's, I'll go Tomac for the win, KR and Mookie on the podium.  Why Mookie?  Because....

Maniac998, my "long-shot" call is Mookie Stewart on the podium for this event for the bet.  He didn't do as well as AP7 at Daytona, but he was the next guy on the win list for that event.  Also, he's just behind AP in points, so they're closely matched.  Anyway, if you're up for it, same bet as last time.  Lemme know if you're interested, bruh.

Atlanta Track Map

Points standings:

This track could be interesting

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

This track could be interesting

Curious what the dirt will be like.  Looks kinda like a Daytona, but dirt has a lot to do with that too.  And, Daytona wasn't the best racing all year, either.  Hope this one is.  Sure won't be 40 second lap times.  I'm guessing Kenny does well 'cause there's been a break.  But, this thing, if it's rough, might destroy him in the next 2 races.

Edited by jtomasik

1 hour ago, jtomasik said:

Curious what the dirt will be like.  Looks kinda like a Daytona, but dirt has a lot to do with that too.  And, Daytona wasn't the best racing all year, either.  Hope this one is.  Sure won't be 40 second lap times.  I'm guessing Kenny does well 'cause there's been a break.  But, this thing, if it's rough, might destroy him in the next 2 races.

It looks long and actually has more than one whoop section along with a sand section.  Only thing I would prefer is the sand section to include a turn.  It also has rhythm sections for days......not sure if that's good or not.

19 minutes ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

It looks long and actually has more than one whoop section along with a sand section.  Only thing I would prefer is the sand section to include a turn.  It also has rhythm sections for days......not sure if that's good or not.

It looks pretty good, though it would be nice if the sand section started straight after the whoops, around the corner and without the jump into it. And I wonder why the middle whoops don't go the full length of the straight?

I like the look of that curvy rhythm section with the uneven jumps in it, be good to see how that works out.

I'd go for the boring option with CW (yes, even with the 2 whoop sections), KR and ET on the podium, not sure what order, any one of them could take the win atm.

5 hours ago, jtomasik said:

Atlanta Track Map

Points standings:

It’s on!!!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

It’s on!!!

Great!  Here's a thought....since James Marshall was the beneficiary of the last bet, let's just make Tim Coleman as the guy who gets the loser's coin out of this next bet.  Sound good?

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 minute ago, jtomasik said:

Great!  Here's a thought....since James Marshall was the beneficiary of the last bet, let's just make Tim Coleman as the guy who gets the loser's coin out of this next bet.  Sound good?

Sounds good! :banana:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jtomasik said:

Mate told me about what happened to Tim the other day. Never been a fan of hard enduro. I think it's stupid shit.

I hope he fully recovers.

Tim is one of our most prized locals.

Couldn't give a shit about the 450 class. But, Go Hunter! :aussy:

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Angry 1

6 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

Mate told me about what happened to Tim the other day. Never been a fan of hard enduro. I think it's stupid shit.

I hope he fully recovers.

Tim is one of our most prized locals.

Local to you or local to this website?  Either way, I had no idea.  

In all fairness, I can't say much of anything I do on a dirtbike isn't stupid shit.  LOL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jtomasik said:

Local to you or local to this website?  Either way, I had no idea.  

In all fairness, I can't say much of anything I do on a dirtbike isn't stupid shit.  LOL

Local. About 20 minutes up the rd. I raced in a team with his older brother. Very well know family in our area. Especially in the Trials riding scene.

We were out ridding near their place once. Mate forgot his boots, so the father gave him a pair of Alpine Stars. Not lent them to him, gave them to him.
We used to have a Natural terrain MX race meet on their property every yr as well

Edited by Drop-Bear

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

Local. About 20 minutes up the rd. I raced in a team with his older brother. Very well know family in our area. Especially in the Trials riding scene.

Nice.  How fast is Tim, er, or is he a trials rider?  LOL Always wanted to get a trials bike.  Does he race anything else?

Edited by jtomasik

8 minutes ago, jtomasik said:

Nice.  How fast is Tim?  Does he race anything else?

Haven't ridden with Tim, I was supposed to a couple yrs ago, but didn't make it. He was a trails rider. They also used to hold a trials weekend on their property each yr.

His older brother was A-Grade MX.

Shane Watts lives about 20 minutes from Tim, in the other direction as well. The talent pool around here is Deep.

I assume ya's heard what happened to Tim?

When a person from Victoria, gets off a plane in QLD, they suck wind for about the first 30 seconds. Humidity takes your breath away. The further up you go, the worse it is. Racing a hard enduro in that stupid shit, is just that, stupid shit.

I drove 2 hours from Arlie Beach to Townsville once, air conditioned car. Got out of the car in Townsville, and couldn't breathe.

I don't know how the Bush Pig deals with it TBH. I used to sleep with no sheets, and with 3 fans on me. Even then, it sucked. Sticky nasty shit.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

Haven't ridden with Tim, I was supposed to a couple yrs ago, but didn't make it. He was a trails rider. They also used to hold a trials weekend on their property each yr.

His older brother was A-Grade MX.

Shane Watts lives about 20 minutes from Tim, in the other direction as well. The talent pool around here is Deep.

I assume ya's heard what happened to Tim?

When a person from Victoria, gets off a plane in QLD, they suck wind for about the first 30 seconds. Humidity takes your breath away. The further up you go, the worse it is. Racing a hard enduro in that stupid shit, is just that, stupid shit.

I drove 2 hours from Arlie Beach to Townsville once, air conditioned car. Got out of the car in Townsville, and couldn't breathe.

I don't know how the Bush Pig deals with it TBH. I used to sleep with no sheets, and with 3 fans on me. Even then, it sucked. Sticky nasty shit.

Never raced or rode in really high humidity, so I'm clueless.  I go to Taiwan a lot, and that place can get nasty humid, and scary hot in the summer, too.  Max temp isn't so bad, but with that humidity....ugh.  Hate to walk in it.  Can't imagine racing in something like that.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jtomasik said:

Never raced or rode in really high humidity, so I'm clueless.  I go to Taiwan a lot, and that place can get nasty humid, and scary hot in the summer, too.  Max temp isn't so bad, but with that humidity....ugh.  Hate to walk in it.  Can't imagine racing in something like that.  

I've said to the Bush Pig, many times. I couldn't even handle wearing my riding gear up there. When I was in Arlie Beach (Far Nth QLD). I rode the street bike in shorts and a tee-shirt, or singlet.

I couldn't even wear full length pants to work. At night!

Never been to the States, But, I imagine QLD would be a bit like Florida.

If you have a shower, and dry yourself with a towel, you'll be covered in sweat, ya have to drip dry

The Lawrence brothers are from QLD.

Edited by Drop-Bear
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Drop-Bear said:

If you have a shower, and dry yourself with a towel, you'll be covered in sweat, ya have to drip dry

Illinois can be like that, too. Miserable, ugly place.  If you ever come to the states, avoid that place.  LOL

• Haha 1