Ballards rr pipe on XT3 & KYB forks

I got to try my XT3 with the Ballards rr pipe today & it works very nice. It's $100au cheaper than a FMF, is stronger than oem & improves the power band everywhere without losing any of the oem easy to use nature. It is a little louder, not by much but it sounds cleaner & not choked up as much as stock. I haven't changed the jets but i may try the rr slide for shits & giggles. Following Kawagumby's thread about fitting the YZ front end to the XT I have finished putting the 2002 YZ125 KYB forks & front wheel on my XT3. I liked the bike before but i love the bike now. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

• 2 months later...

Am currently thinking about a new pipe and the Ballard's price does entice. Any idea how similar/different it is to a FMF? Everywhere you look the advice is to go with the FMF Gnarly but if Ballards is similar would be happy to go with that. Have you played around with the power spacer and airbox mods yet ? 

• Like 1

I haven't had anything to do with FMF pipes only the Ballards RR pipe & i'm very happy. It improved the power everywhere, without making it like an m/x bike. Now i know how good it is, it's something i wished i had done sooner.

I've removed the spacer & played with the p/v before i fitted the pipe but haven't played with them since because i'm very happy how it is. I have been thinking about putting spacer back in & playing with p/v just to see what happens but i really like it as, so not sure if i'll bother.

Edited by ktm wrench
  • Like 1