Help required 2 stroke 85cc

I have a cr 85 i went out the other day i hit a small jump was more or a small hump and when the back wheel hit the ground the bike died tried kicking it wouldnt start i bump started it it went for a couple seconds and died out i done it again and it started and was driving very slow and i heard crunching and the bike died does anyone know what it could be it still selects gears ok i bought a rebuild kit for it i just havent took it apart yet thought that would be the best bet 

It's all guessing from the outside until you disassemble and inspect components.

With the pipe removed, looking up thru the exhaust port do you see if the piston and cylinder look damaged?

Ideally you shouldn't buy any parts until you've determined what wrong.

Even if it ends up being the piston/cylinder, there's no guarantee those parts are of the required size.

I didn't order a piston just yet its a bottom end rebuild kit after the cylinder is taken off i will go from there was mainly just looking to see if anyone has had any idea incase its happened to someone before  i have to take it apart there was no noises leading up to it just happened i will get to it over the next couple of days when i get home 

• Like 1