ktdefoor

PW80 Wont Stay Running

Bought a 2003 Pw80 from neighbor.  Got it to start right away, but wont stay running. Replaced spark plug, cleaned carb and main injector, replaced air filter,, but the darn thing quits after a few runs around the block.  Cant seem to get it to stay running long enough to get kiddo time to learn how to ride on it.  Any ideas how to keep it running for more than 5 min?

Thanks, didnt put that in first post. but did new fuel with carb cleaner and neighbor said he checked oil.  but will def check that first thing (should have already)

7 hours ago, Adam Gingrich said:

Its a 2 stroke so it must be ran with oil in the gas. i would recommend Amsoil Dominator at 32:1. I know some years had oil injectors or something but I would just mix the gas your self if you can.

All years had injection. 

If you run 32:1 AND injector oil your bike is going to be spooging all the way around the block... and will likely foul a plug

• Like 1

thanks, Air filter is new and all looks good there.  I did clean the carb out.  but didnt clean the pilot jet, just the big one.  so will take it back apart and try that. 

• Like 1