Goldfish101

09 ltz 400 no spark

Please help!  I got a good deal on a 09 ltz 400 that I was told had no spark.  I was told the 09’s had a rectifier recall that hadn’t been done and caused the rectifier to melt the plug.  Po replaced rectifier and plug, spark plug, ecu and coil and still no spark.  I picked the bike up and went through the service manual, After not getting a reading at the coil I determined the ckp was bad/no reading.  Replaced it and the manual says 1.0 volt and over when cranking is good(using a peak voltage meter).  I’m now getting 28 volt readings, any chance that’s too much now?  Still no spark I double checked everything and still am not getting a reading at the coil.  Per the manual the lead to the coil comes straight from the ecu, I verified continuity back to the ecu plug.  Bought a new ecu and plugged it in, still no spark and no power reading to the coil either.  At this point im at a loss for what it could be?? Everything I’ve tried to look up is for 03-08 ltz’s.  Please help!!

Well thankfully I can answer my own question.  When I drained the oil to change the ckp sensor I didn’t refill it.  Well it turns out that no oil=no spark.  But I can confirm that the ckp sensor was bad as well as the ecu