Ramps for one person loading

What are the best ramps out there for one person loading/unloading your dirtbike from the bed of a pickup truck?  

I have a set of cheap basic ones but they’re no good if I want to load the bike myself.  

Anyone else ride alone and use ramps?  

Thanks!

1 hour ago, cdahl383 said:

What are the best ramps out there for one person loading/unloading your dirtbike from the bed of a pickup truck?  

I have a set of cheap basic ones but they’re no good if I want to load the bike myself.  

Thanks!

How high is the bed of your truck? Best truck foe dirtbiking was my 91 Toyota xtra cab, could walk the bike in.

Have had (stock)  3/4 ton 4x4's, PITA to load bikes. Went back to a 1/2 ton Chevy Silverado, easy to run the bike into the bed or clutch it up the ramp. I use a Ready Ramp which is long and foldable and the proper homemade step stool..

• Like 1

I got this at HD and really like it... the shape seems to help with a solo load... I walk it up and use my pit stand as a step to get into the back of my ‘13 Raptor...

they’re a little pricey at $125/ea, but you only need one... folds up too!

8A0D06DC-4A15-4A6E-8A8F-BC8355698EB4.png

• Like 2

I like the 10ft ramps.  They really make loading easier since it is a shallower angle.  I used a set to load/unload a 500lb triumph tiger from my F150 on my own.  I wouldn't go back to a shorter ramp.  Nice thing is you can use 1 10ft and on short ramp you already have, and just walk up the shorter ramp.

https://www.amazon.com/AutoForever-Folding-Aluminum-Motorcycle-Arcingle/dp/B07Z983Y59/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=10+ft+ramp&qid=1618224042&sr=8-4

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 6:43 AM, ratranger said:

I like the 10ft ramps.  They really make loading easier since it is a shallower angle.  I used a set to load/unload a 500lb triumph tiger from my F150 on my own.  I wouldn't go back to a shorter ramp.  Nice thing is you can use 1 10ft and on short ramp you already have, and just walk up the shorter ramp.

https://www.amazon.com/AutoForever-Folding-Aluminum-Motorcycle-Arcingle/dp/B07Z983Y59/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=10+ft+ramp&qid=1618224042&sr=8-4

10' is nice but a PIA to carry around as it is longer than truck bed.  use tri folding ramp probably 6' long with 2012 F350 that works really well. G

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoronaCarl said:

My buddy's ramp has gaps like that and probably in tennis shoes it's not bad to make a sure step but in riding boots I've seen him fall thru that gap and about break a leg along with the bike falling on him

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

I’ve got a Ram 2500, so it sits up pretty high.  At home I can back up to the ditch on my property, but once I get somewhere I need a way to unload it.  

I’ll check into those folding ramps.  Those look pretty cool.

5 hours ago, Four square T said:

I use a ramp plus a platform. Acts as a bench too so it’s functional all day. 

E3F03CC9-A2CB-48FD-A401-BD5652BCED6F.png

I use pretty much the same as this ^ from Harbor Freight as a step-up. I set it up parallel to the loading ramp. For the bike, a single 8' long folding aluminum ramp that's 1' wide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smoking 2's said:

My buddy's ramp has gaps like that and probably in tennis shoes it's not bad to make a sure step but in riding boots I've seen him fall thru that gap and about break a leg along with the bike falling on him

I don't own one, just seen a few videos. That one has stair steps not regular rungs, but could easily slip off I guess.

Mine has a decent gap between rungs, I just take it easy. But I usually ride up it, or have help.

I like my trifold ramp, but loading a bike up in my pretty freaking tall truck sucks 1 person no matter what unless there's a hill involved. 

I'm making the switch to a Motojackrack. 

Loading the bike before riding is no sweat. Loading it after riding then unloading at home sucks. 

It's time to make this whole process easier.

4 hours ago, Smoking 2's said:

Yep! I have found the little ramp to my hitch rack is the best for me. Age, balance and absolutely stupid PU design is a dangerous combo. No intelligent reason for the height. Looked at a Ford Ranger yesterday,,,ridiculous! I'm with X-Wrestler.

Edited by Piney Woods
  • Haha 1

I used to have a short ladder style ramp to load up the Ram 2500.  My truck was a long bed, so I used to just ride it in/out.  Freakn' sketchy as hell, especially riding it back down the ramp.  You had to fully commit.

That ramp got returned and I bought a tri-folding ATV ramp.  It's really heavy, but you can slowly ride up/down the ramp.  It feels super safe.

I even had to unload in the snow/ice and that was just doable with the new ramp.  No way could I have unloaded in the snow with my original ramp.

• Like 2

I drive a Power Wagon... it's a tall truck.  6.5ft bed.
I also load/unload sleds, snowbikes, and motos all by myself.  (Usually ride the bikes, but it's not uncommon that I'll haul the little bike if I'm riding further from home, or load the big bike if I'm dropping the truck off for work.)

Caliber Products makes some real nice gear, made in USA and backed by a lifetime no-nonsense warranty.  It breaks, they fix. 

I have a Ramp Pro, but have also used a Moto Ramp Pro for snowbikes before.

The Ramp Pro works great for ATVs and sleds, as well as bikes.
spacer.png

You can take the center section out and use the two wings as one smaller ramp, and the grip glides on the ramp itself provide traction for loading/unloading. 
spacer.png

That ramp folds small enough I can load the bike in diagonally and shove the ramp in vertically under the bike and shut the tailgate.
spacer.png

Moto Ramp Pro is a little wider, same bi-fold design, designed for snowbikes.  1200lb capacity, so it'll handle you plus whatever bike you want to get in the truck.
spacer.png

Not a big deal to get a 570lb adventure bike in and out of a tall pickup with the right equipment.
spacer.png

• Like 5

I just got a klx300r and a wide atv ramp. I think this ramp sucks though because the angle to load is so high and the gaps in the ramp are so big that even clutching it up in 1st won't get it up unless I park on a grade. I actually dropped it my second time I loaded it (embarrassment ensued)?.

It's a heavy bike so would a 10ft ramp male the angle a lot better?

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 9:59 PM, cdahl383 said:

Thanks!

If you need a ramp to load and unload your dirt bike, either your truck or your bike is too big for you. Just hork it in there. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1