thriller

2016 Honda Rubicon no spark most of the time

I am working on a 2016 rubicon that temporarily went underwater. That was 9 months ago. It still has no spark, well for the most part. Looking at the manual it says to check the wires going into the coil. It also says you need a "Peak voltage adaptor" to do the tests. Is there something else you can use for the tests? Or is there something I should be looking for? while doing a spark test with the plug out I was able one time to see great spark. Also when I try that plug on my lawnmower it works great when grounded to the head. The ignition coil has been replaced. 

What input do you have? I appreciate it all.

The peak voltage adapter will tell you if your stator exciter coil output is good, if you don’t want to buy the tool and do the test then I suppose you would assume the stator is bad and buy a new one like you already did with the ignition coil. A peak voltage adapter would also have let you test the ignition coil before replacing. 

ok and what is the diff between a peak voltage adaptor and the peak reading on a Fluke 289 meter. It will capture the high average and low voltages? I asked rmstator that same question today but they were not able to answer. 

ok so here is a little clip of what the spark is doing. I do once in a while get some spark like this but only lasts for a few seconds. 

Problem solved, ended up being the bank angle sensor was working intermittently. Never saw it in the drawings for the ignition system so that sent me back a bit.

• Confused 1