6 hours ago, ckny said:

What are you worried about? Same fuel maps just more oil. My bike rips. Zero issues. 

I’m worried that my bike will stop upping with zero issues also.  It feels like updating to 103 map is akin to fixing what isn’t broken. Which, is a bad idea 

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jasoule said:

I’m worried that my bike will stop upping with zero issues also.  It feels like updating to 103 map is akin to fixing what isn’t broken. Which, is a bad idea 

Well if you ask me, the 101 map oil tables were broken and the 103 map is the fix. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Jasoule said:

I haven't updated my 2020... and its a 150cc, 2T ticking time bomb. 😀 I'm just periodically watching the wear and hoping I rebuild it before she blows.

I don't know, but the initial maps may have caused issues, they reduced the oil, then they advise to use the extra oil in the new map in extreme conditions... I dunno. Its anybody's guess if KTM is lying.

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, SlowDinoDog said:

I haven't updated my 2020... and its a 150cc, 2T ticking time bomb. 😀 I'm just periodically watching the wear and hoping I rebuild it before she blows.

I don't know, but the initial maps may have caused issues, they reduced the oil, then they advise to use the extra oil in the new map in extreme conditions... I dunno. Its anybody's guess if KTM is lying.

Well, I put oil in my gas also, so for me the factory oiling is only really for the bottom end.  So, who knows if that oiling is sufficient or not.  I tend to think that for a snow bike, a little too much is probably better than not enough because we are always a good bit higher in the hp use across the board.  

7486A2B4-DF3A-41DC-B6B2-7ECDAC5A41CE.jpeg

Edited by Hugh Jasoule
  • Like 3

All I know is my 2021 300XC TPI blew up at 2 hours and KTM warrantied it and put a whole new engine in it for me, when I went to go pick the bike up I asked them about the extreme map and they uploaded it for me, I've put about 13.00hours on the bike since and it runs extremely well in the mid to top end, the low end is smooth and full of torque... No matter how many KM of tight slow lugged single track I carve, it never fails to hop right onto the power with zero hesitation or bog, The bike does sound "rich" in the low to mid range but there's zero spooge and like I said, if you slap it on the pipe....It doesn't wait for nobody. Very happy with it and impressed, it does smoke quite a bit on cold start but I regularly ride in 10C or lower temps right now as it's still cool in Ontario Canada. I'm curious to see how it preforms in the hot July days coming up. anything higher than 10c and the mapping isn't any richer than map 102 no? that's what the extreme map is for? added oil below 10C on cold start? either way I'm happy with it, I don't care if it's on the richer side as that gives me piece of mind, if i start fowling plugs then I'll sing a different tune. 

• Like 1

I was only lucky enough to get 3 hours on the bike this weekend.  I am super impressed with the bike so far to say the least, and this is touching nothing. I can see what people where saying about the starting issue not really being there.  Start the bike, buckle my boots and put on helmet and gloves and the bike is ready to go.  Next ride I will be able to ride a little harder so I will be able to tell more on the motor and suspension.  The suspension is going to need more tweaking than the motor for my liking but that is going to just entail messing with the clickers.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TomTopDog12 said:

All I know is my 2021 300XC TPI blew up at 2 hours and KTM warrantied it and put a whole new engine in it for me, when I went to go pick the bike up I asked them about the extreme map and they uploaded it for me, I've put about 13.00hours on the bike since and it runs extremely well in the mid to top end, the low end is smooth and full of torque... No matter how many KM of tight slow lugged single track I carve, it never fails to hop right onto the power with zero hesitation or bog, The bike does sound "rich" in the low to mid range but there's zero spooge and like I said, if you slap it on the pipe....It doesn't wait for nobody. Very happy with it and impressed, it does smoke quite a bit on cold start but I regularly ride in 10C or lower temps right now as it's still cool in Ontario Canada. I'm curious to see how it preforms in the hot July days coming up. anything higher than 10c and the mapping isn't any richer than map 102 no? that's what the extreme map is for? added oil below 10C on cold start? either way I'm happy with it, I don't care if it's on the richer side as that gives me piece of mind, if i start fowling plugs then I'll sing a different tune. 

The fuel maps are unchanged. Just added oil. 102 added more oil at start up below 10deg Cel. 103 just added the previous 18/19 oil maps across the board. 

17 hours ago, Hugh Jasoule said:

Well, I put oil in my gas also, so for me the factory oiling is only really for the bottom end.  So, who knows if that oiling is sufficient or not.  I tend to think that for a snow bike, a little too much is probably better than not enough because we are always a good bit higher in the hp use across the board.  

7486A2B4-DF3A-41DC-B6B2-7ECDAC5A41CE.jpeg

So you’re adding premix but are concerned about running the most current updated map with more oil? I don’t get your logic. 

It sounds like you may be having problems with the ccps 

Most owners tentative say how the bike will run rich

Ccps

4 minutes ago, TomTopDog12 said:

Ccps? 

Crank sensor. 

2 hours ago, ckny said:

So you’re adding premix but are concerned about running the most current updated map with more oil? I don’t get your logic. 

I want the right amount of oiling, that’s all.  

14 minutes ago, TomTopDog12 said:

Ah it’s probably fine 👌🏻

Oh? Mine was basically starting to go bad from the showroom floor, on a brand new '21. Replaced it, and it ran better than new. 

45 minutes ago, jrodicus100 said:

Oh? Mine was basically starting to go bad from the showroom floor, on a brand new '21. Replaced it, and it ran better than new. 

My friends 21 Erzberg had a faulty sensor from new. Changed it last week, he couldn’t believe how good the bike felt.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2021 at 1:30 PM, ckny said:

Well if you ask me, the 101 map oil tables were broken and the 103 map is the fix. 

agree 100%.  ⬆️👍

IMO, its right in front of your faces if you can see the Forrest through the trees, and if you can get past the "Thou Shalt NOT Speak Ill Of The Orange" :prof: crowd.
(speaking in general terms, not targeted at any single person)

2018 / 2019 
KTM introduces TPI (how many with these bikes reported seizures? I honestly don't know, wasn't in the KTM circles at the time, but I don't think I've heard of any)
KTM reduces oil table in the 101 map - people reporting bikes seizing (how many have seized that you've not heard about, but dealers have?)
KTM releases 102 map that increases oil at cold start - people still having seizures
KTM releases 103 map that restores oil tables the 18/19 bikes had - more oil across the board, at some throttle positions 44% more oil

"Oh but KTM hasn't had a recall and would never lie to us, they just keep updating the maps to give riders what they want" - YEAH........ that's gotta be it.

If you honestly think companies don't KNOW of quality issues through service & warranty data from their dealers and then go to great lengths to not admit those issues exist - you're delusional. 

I'm not bashing on KTM by any means. Heck I left Yamahas and bought THREE 2021 KTM's - I could have bought a damn CAR with the same money.
But I am honest enough to look at the information in front of me and understand that there IS an issue with these bikes seizing. Only KTM knows the root cause and how wide spread it is, but there IS an issue.

I made sure both our 300's had the 103 map installed when we picked them up - even had the dealer let me watch and take pics to confirm they both had it.
I installed temperature displays on both bikes and we push the grey button and walk away until the temp reaches 150*F before touching the throttle or riding off. I've got spare CCPS sensors to swap out at the first sign of them going bad. I'd recommend those three things to anyone who owns a '20/'21 TPI bike.

Edited by number9
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, number9 said:

agree 100%.  ⬆️👍

IMO, its right in front of your faces if you can see the Forrest through the trees, and if you can get past the "Thou Shalt NOT Speak Ill Of The Orange" :prof: crowd.
(speaking in general terms, not targeted at any single person)

2018 / 2019 
KTM introduces TPI (how many with these bikes reported seizures? I honestly don't know, wasn't in the KTM circles at the time, but I don't think I've heard of any)
KTM reduces oil table in the 101 map - people reporting bikes seizing (how many have seized that you've not heard about, but dealers have?)
KTM releases 102 map that increases oil at cold start - people still having seizures
KTM releases 103 map that restores oil tables the 18/19 bikes had - more oil across the board, at some throttle positions 44% more oil

"Oh but KTM hasn't had a recall and would never lie to us, they just keep updating the maps to give riders what they want" - YEAH........ that's gotta be it.

If you honestly think companies don't KNOW of quality issues through service & warranty data from their dealers and then go to great lengths to not admit those issues exist - you're delusional. 

I'm not bashing on KTM by any means. Heck I left Yamahas and bought THREE 2021 KTM's - I could have bought a damn CAR with the same money.
But I am honest enough to look at the information in front of me and understand that there IS an issue with these bikes seizing. Only KTM knows the root cause and how wide spread it is, but there IS an issue.

I made sure both our 300's had the 103 map installed when we picked them up - even had the dealer let me watch and take pics to confirm they both had it.
I installed temperature displays on both bikes and we push the grey button and walk away until the temp reaches 150*F before touching the throttle or riding off. I've got spare CCPS sensors to swap out at the first sign of them going bad. I'd recommend those three things to anyone who owns a '20/'21 TPI bike.

How much are CCPS sensors and what’s a tail tell sign they’re going out?

9 minutes ago, TomTopDog12 said:

How much are CCPS sensors and what’s a tail tell sign they’re going out?

$45 IF you can find them - they are backordered until 2022 or something. The VDO 5wk9700z seems to be the OEM cross reference, and is used in Land Rovers. 

Telltale sign if it going out is a lower-RPM, lower-throttle opening stuttering/sputtering.

Just now, jrodicus100 said:

$45 IF you can find them - they are backordered until 2022 or something. The VDO 5wk9700z seems to be the OEM cross reference, and is used in Land Rovers. 

Telltale sign if it going out is a lower-RPM, lower-throttle opening stuttering/sputtering.

Like cutting out? Not getting on the power? My low end is extremely smooth and powerful, I doubt mines bad