Alpine Stars Tech 10's vs Tech 7's for Off-Road

Anyone have extensive off road experience with both the Tech 10 and Tech 7? I've worn out my Fox Instincts and am in the market for a new pair of boots. While I love the Instincts for comfort, fit and excellent shifter/peg feel, they don't hold up all that well...like most Fox gear now a days. I've decided to give the AS Tech 10 or 7 a try. I ride 90% trails/off road vs 10% moto. Just curious if the additional $$ of the 10's are worth it?  Also, is the additional stiffness provided by the 10's really needed for off road? Additionally, is there a discernible difference in comfort and shifter, peg feel between the 10's and the 7's?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Edited by BD100

I have a pair of Tech 7s.  Got them last year.  Nice boots.  Comfy.  I have already trashed an ankle in a crash that I normally would have never had an issue with.  Was it the boots or just luck of the draw?  Well, when I put on my Tech 8 RSs, they make the 7s feel like slippers in both comfort AND support.  I won't ever wear the 7s again for riding off road.  I will wear them when dual sporting or riding the big ADV bike on a 12hr day, but not for anything that may require even a modest level of safety and support for my ankles.  My 5 year old Tech 8s still feel like 100x the boot in terms of support and I have had them resoled twice, and will send them off for a third resole in the next few months.

I may have bought the last new pair of Tech 8 RSs available in the States in my size a few weeks ago, so now I have to figure out what boots to buy next.  I sure won't be getting Tech 7s again.  I am kinda hosed at the moment if Alpinestars is actually going to discontinue the Tech 8.  I will just have to keep watching and if another pair of 8s pop up somewhere I will snap them up.  I may be able to shove my foot into some Gaernes, but Sidis are unfortunately off my list with what is usually stocked in the US.  Of course, right now just trying to find boots is next to impossible...

Ya I got a pair of Tech10's for $250 10 years ago from a buddy who, crashed and gave up DB (IMO best deal ever :))

Exactly my size and don't see having to replace them anytime soon and ya they are a $$$$$$ boot but I would buy them again if I needed to over the 7's or 8's after seeing buddy's with those.

I like have the booties and MANY opinion  on boots so just mine.

IMO if you can try them on at a local shop. 

I went from 7s to 10s and back to 7s (after a year or so) because they were too heavy. After 4-5 hours on and off the bike pushing up hills, walking up and down helping others etc the 10s felt like concrete boots at the end of the day and I felt it was impacting my energy levels too much, throwing a foot forward on corners or dabbing in rock gardens became so lazy. Back on 7s and no regrets, no such issues anymore. 
I don’t do any moto though, 10s feel a different level of bullet proof but I’ve never hurt myself in 7s either