Hey everyone im not sure where to post this but anyway i baught motul 800 premix i think but could anyone tell me if it is pre mix or what?

image.jpg

I like that the bottle says "road" on it but has a picture of a dirt bike.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, CDNSXV said:

I like that the bottle says "road" on it but has a picture of a dirt bike.

It says off, right before the word road.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 2
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 17

It is a superior oil for high rpm racing. Not intended for trail or just casual riding. The 700 is a muck better choice for that type use and still very excellent for racing.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 3
  • Confused 2

35 minutes ago, Piney Woods said:

It is a superior oil for high rpm racing. Not intended for trail or just casual riding. The 700 is a muck better choice for that type use and still very excellent for racing.

Yep. Motul 800 is great but it does have a higher flash point. I used it for single track riding with no negative results except maybe a bit more spooge if at lower rpm. No plug fouling though.

• Like 2
  • Helpful 3

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

It is a superior oil for high rpm racing. Not intended for trail or just casual riding. The 710 is a muck better choice for that type use and still very excellent for racing.

This ^^^

• Like 2

You're being given perfect answers.  It's a high quality group V ester based oil and while it will work great in trail or MX, I'd recommend the 710 for those applications.  I'd use 800 in something like carting where you're running wide open.

• Like 3

I read the OP question as; is it a gearbox oil or is it a premix oil?  And if I’m right it’s because when looking at a shelf full of oil products other bottles will say 4T oil that is meant for the gearbox/crankcase. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Archie kruze said:

Hey everyone im not sure where to post this but anyway i baught motul 800 premix i think but could anyone tell me if it is pre mix or what?

image.jpg

Yes

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

710 is specifically formulated for use with oil injection, to get it thinner so it works with oil pumps they add naptha, it’s 20-30% naptha iirc and that’s also what gives it the lower flash point. When people run it because they think flash point matters, they end up with less spooge because it’s a diluted oil (80% oil 20% naptha) - they get less spooge because they’re essentially running less oil, which suits their low rpm style better. So the benefit that they wrongly attribute to a low flash point oil is really just because they’re now effectively running a different mix ratio and has nothing to do with flash point.

The whole flash point myth that got started is ridiculous, flash point of a 2t oil really effects nothing. I’ll admit I got sucked into it from people talking online, that’s why I started running 710 in the first place, but I’m over it now after my own testing and research. I switched to 800 after running 4-5 gallons of 710. Both great oils though!

• Helpful 4

My son used to run 800 back in the day when he race 2 strokes. 800 was always led to clean top ends and power valves. We ran 100% race gas. I've run 800 in my TPI bikes since day one and Never had an issue. I was told the 710 was better in really cold temps. Anyhoo I'm not changing since 800 has worked for me. YMMV.

• Like 2