ThumperTalk

What gets in your way of bucketlist dual sport / ADV rides?

"Closed off, No Trespassing, bird/bug conservancy"

Gates too. 

• Like 1

Never had a bucket list, but then again most of my longer rides anymore are on the street and not much more than 2 weeks.

My longest was many years ago and involved 2 weeks of "planning" from the time I quit my job until I was on the road, that includes buying a new bike. Around 5 months and 23,000 miles. :excuseme:

Side question, I often see these vids and have to wonder if they have a camera crew follow them around or if they constantly stop to stage their experience? Either would ruin the trip for me. OTOH, if it's your job and the clicks pay for the ride, it's understandable. Not a bad way to make a living. :cheers: 

5 minutes ago, Flagstaff said:

Never had a bucket list, but then again most of my longer rides anymore are on the street and not much more than 2 weeks.

My longest was many years ago and involved 2 weeks of "planning" from the time I quit my job until I was on the road, that includes buying a new bike. Around 5 months and 23,000 miles. :excuseme:

Side question, I often see these vids and have to wonder if they have a camera crew follow them around or if they constantly stop to stage their experience? Either would ruin the trip for me. OTOH, if it's your job and the clicks pay for the ride, it's understandable. Not a bad way to make a living. :cheers: 

Both and yes I agree. 

• Like 1

I've pretty much already checked off my moto-related bucket list items...maybe a few big races I still want to do, but there isn't much left that I want to do and haven't already done. I'm sure as I get older, there will probably be new items that pop up on the list, but I'll try to check them off as they come.

Edited by Sierra_moto

40 minutes ago, Sierra_moto said:

I've pretty much already checked off my moto-related bucket list items...maybe a few big races I still want to do, but there isn't much left that I want to do and haven't already done. I'm sure as I get older, there will probably be new items that pop up on the list, but I'll try to check them off as they come.

Riding across the country is pretty fun. Doing all 50 states etc. I really like just going new places to trail ride, hanging out with new folks etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

Riding across the country is pretty fun. Doing all 50 states etc. I really like just going new places to trail ride, hanging out with new folks etc. 

I'm not saying I don't want to ride new areas and get new experiences, it's just that their isn't a bunch of moto-related stuff left that I feel like I absolutely have to do in order to make my life complete.

• Like 1

Time off, new grand children, and a wife that doesn’t want me gone 6 weeks….that said, 2022 is the key west, fl to prudhoe bay, ak ride on the bikes…get to alamosa, co, ride the Rockies up to Kallispell, mt…through banff/ lake louise…can-am Hwy to fort Nelson with a side jaunt to inuvik and tuktoyuktuk & back then through chicken to Fairbanks and up the dalton then return down the cassia hwy…..figuring around 15,000 miles total….