Crf450r sprockets

What's the best sprocket ratio for trail riding, currently have a stock 2019 crf450r and its gets a bit tough to handle in the slow tight shit, I don't care about top speed.  just want better handling in the technical stuff. Thanks 

IMO typically you would got up 1 or 2 sizes on the rear sprocket

OEM for the bike looks like 13/49 so as a suggestion go 51 but you will need to buy a 120 link chain, CAREFULLY cut to length so the chain adjusters are in the middle.

I use 13/51 on my CRF250R for riding hard/tight/slow single track to fast flowy and IMO a good compromise for slow/fast.

You could try going 12 on the front (1 on the front = 3 on the front) cut a link out of the existing chain but I don't go smaller than 13 on the front so maybe some else can comment on doing that.

You also could go 52 with a new chain then if needed get a 51, and cut one link out of the new chain.

I also have a FWW which is a different topic but IMO really helps prevent stalling at slower speeds in technical terrain, effects engine braking a bit and I don't notice any effect on higher speeds cus my 250R likes to go fast but not concerned with a top speed cus I'm not racing it but I like to be out front when riding with buddies ?

Sorry long post but there are options and hard to keep them short

Edited by PhilthyX