Gold Chain Destroyed in 20 hours

I destroyed a gold non o-ring chain in almost no time flat. I'm a Vet40B rider, so I'm not that hard on a chain. Can't remember the brand, but it wasn't a common name. Give me suggestions on which chain holds up best to the 450 grunt. I heard Regina O-rings do well, Renthall too...what are the pro's using?

Vet28 ?

I destroyed a gold non o-ring chain in almost no time flat. I'm a Vet40B rider, so I'm not that hard on a chain. Can't remember the brand, but it wasn't a common name. Give me suggestions on which chain holds up best to the 450 grunt. I heard Regina O-rings do well, Renthall too...what are the pro's using?

Vet28 :devil:

Did the same thing bought some no name brand and it fell apart in one ride.

I bought a RK from TT store ?

O ring chains definitly last longer than non o ring but Renthal does make a new chaing that is like 100 bucks retail that is supposed to give you the benefits of the strength of the o ring chaing but not rob horsepower. Pro's run non but they have an unlimited/everythings free budget.

I purchased a cheap chain (EK) for $35 as an emergency spare, ended up putting it on when the stock POS left the building. What a piece of junk, right out of the bag several links were frozen/locked up, looked like it was made in China by prison labor, learned a lesson there.

Just installed a DID gold non-o-ring chain that was $60. I think there are enough posts here to convince a person to spend the money on a quality chain!

RK-Xring here, all trail riding of which I'd estimate it spends about 1/2 it's time on buried in muck of some sort.

I clean the snot off with water, clean again with WD-40 or Amsoil HDMP, and on goes the process. Adjusted it twice, replace the master link when it gets beat looking, seems to be holding up ok.

I also have a TM design chain guide as well, highly recommended if you are thinking of a new chain and your old guide is approaching toastage.

thanks everybody. I wasn't worried about spending the money, as much as I was worried that I'd buy the wrong chain again. I hope I can keep my stock sprocket, it has a little wear from the crap chain, but I'd hate to have to swap both right now.

Thanks,

Vet28 ?

One closing thought. If you have much wear on your sprockets you may think of going ahead with the change. You can get some cheap but well constructed sprockets from Titax. They sell their fronts for less than $10 and a stainless rear for $59. This is the setup I went with and I have not worried about this part of the drivetrain for months. Just my .02 and good luck.

Flog ?

I have great success with DID ERT gold. I have had 2 & they last for a least 6/9mo's of riding 2-3 times per week, even longer with Ironman sprockets. I am not a big fan of Oring or Xring chains for MX unless mud /wet riding. For trails no problem.

Pro MX racers do not use Oring or Xring chains

Like stated above...Pros don't have a budget and don't buy their own chains. Thumpers have more than enough power....I could not tell the difference using an o-ring. Lot's of hipe over "power robbing". I still have not utilized the 426's power.....if I did I would be on the gas ALL the time! LOL

I will stay with o-ring chains...I have seen the light.

Like stated above...Pros don't have a budget and don't buy their own chains. Thumpers have more than enough power....I could not tell the difference using an o-ring. Lot's of hipe over "power robbing". I still have not utilized the 426's power.....if I did I would be on the gas ALL the time! LOL

I will stay with o-ring chains...I have seen the light.