Any Riders from Cheyenne Wyoming?

Posted (edited)

I just moved to Cheyenne, Wyoming, from Southern California. All my riding expertise was in California as well as all my riding buddies. Does anyone know of some good trails around Cheyenne area, or within an hour drive? Or any riders in Cheyenne area that would want to go riding? My bike isn't street legal...yet. 

Edited by Ryan Olsen

Posted (edited)

Ryan....welcome to the West...escaping SoCal or anywhere in Ca was a great move....we did it 16 years ago...start by saying "Howdy" and remember to call your PU a "rig"....seriously, Wyoming is a great state and you will love it...we are in extreme NE corner of Oregon but our West ["Wet'] side is making our state into a junior Kalifornicate...too old to move again, just need to suck it up...tons of off road dirt riding opportunities near us..Oh, if you are not already use to it, watch for kritters on road/trail....free range and wild stuff can ruin your ride and day very quickly...West of you Idaho has a ton of neat places to ride..as does Montana to the North...

Edited by Wallowa

Still new to the off road scene in the area, but for colorado there is a site, https://trails.colorado.gov/

That has most of the trails. Unfortunately, there were a big fire last year, so most things between Fort Collins and Laramie are currently closed. There is still some fun to be had with a plated bike though. 

Thank you guys both for the information, I appreciate it. I've been doing some research and I think I know what trials ill be hitting with my "rig" next weekend. 

Thanks guys!