Harley’s

Posted (edited)

I’ve been looking at harleys for quite some time now. Of course I’d like to go down and buy a brand new low rider s, but unfortunately that’s not in my cards right now. So I’ve been looking at older Dyna’s basically from 2000 and up. There’s so many models superglide, low rider, street bob, fxdx and many more. Any major differences between all of these. I follow twitch and all those guys who have dynas but never say what model they are. Are they all fairly similar? It’s hard to tell them all apart. 

Edited by wadzi90

Why would you want heavy trash with bad breaks and suspension and like 52hp?

Delivering all the riding pleasure that driving an 18 wheeler gives a driver.

I might recommend a tuono for touring and a husqvarna 701 for around town.

Neither of which require you to dress in bdsm/gay pirate style.

:ride:😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, EnglertRacing said:

Why would you want heavy trash with bad breaks and suspension and like 52hp?

Delivering all the riding pleasure that driving an 18 wheeler gives a driver.

I might recommend a tuono for touring and a husqvarna 701 for around town.

Neither of which require you to dress in bdsm/gay pirate style.

:ride:😉

I want a Harley dude, not interested in those bikes. You might like them, I dont

Edited by wadzi90
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, EnglertRacing said:

Well

I might recommend truck driving as a career pursuit.

You "get" to sit in a heavy slow accelerating bad riding vehicle for extended periods on the "open highway"

Dude get over it. Why does me wanting a Harley, like millions of other people, bother you so much? You don’t like them, cool bro. Stick to you’re  tuono lol. And as far as the apparel, I’m sure your power ranger alpinestar jacket is a lot less gay

Edited by wadzi90
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

This is the wrong place for these questions. You will get continuously flamed until you rage quit.  

Which biker gang show did you watch that motivated you to buy such a contraption?

You seem like sons of anarchy kind of guy.

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Bigfatredpig said:

This is the wrong place for these questions. You will get continuously flamed until you rage quit.  

Which biker gang show did you watch that motivated you to buy such a contraption?

I seem like a sons guy because I like harleys?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Bigfatredpig said:

What sparked my interest in a dyna is the brand new low rider s. Just a sick looking bike to me. Can’t afford 20 grand, so I found older models that are similar style but a lot less expensive, and I found dynas. I like them because I’m looking for a mid control bike, not a fan of forward controls. Plus I like all the mods you can do to them, and pop wheelies in any gear. Not sure if you’ve ever seen twitch and the dudes he rides with. A lot of them are in dynas. They’re just cool bikes and I like them. Not trying to be soa or wear a fake biker cut. I could care less what anyone thinks about me, especially here on the internet. Please tell me what bike I should get that would make me less of a “poser”, a dual sport? Crotch rocket?

Edited by wadzi90
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oh boy.  So you’re buying a motorcycle as a fashion statement?
There’s a lot to unpack here.  You seem very hostile against motorcycles that require skill to ride, and just angry in general.  Why do you think that is?

You compared a sport bike suit to a power ranger,  but get angry when people correctly point out there are zero performance reasons to even consider buying a Harley. There are the 18 wheelers of motorcycles. 

What would you say is your end goal with a motorcycle purchase? Are you looking for speed and cornering ability?  Or is there a certain look you are trying to achieve when people see you in public?

Is it possible you can here solely to get angry at the responses you knew you would get?

Edited by Bigfatredpig

2 hours ago, wadzi90 said:

I’ve been looking at harleys for quite some time now. Of course I’d like to go down and buy a brand new low rider s, but unfortunately that’s not in my cards right now. So I’ve been looking at older Dyna’s basically from 2000 and up. There’s so many models superglide, low rider, street bob, fxdx and many more. Any major differences between all of these. I follow twitch and all those guys who have dynas but never say what model they are. Are they all fairly similar? It’s hard to tell them all apart. 

The Dyna is the only one that doesn't suffer from dangerous levels of uprightness. Low riders aren't even motorcycles, you can't lean them at all. If you live in Kansas maybe that's ok. As for the big twins, Harley changed their frames and geometry in 2009, other than a Dyna, I would not buy a big bike made before 2009, they feel like they have a hinge in the middle of the frame and are hilariously sketchy if pushed at even a moderate pace. Have you already bought a pirate costume? 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 3

Older Dynas are decent rides. The main issue I saw with them outside of early TC88 valve train issues was blowing out engine mounts when the engines were modified. Compared to an FXR, the engine and transmission use one less mounting point which can be an issue if you’re chasing big numbers.

• Like 2

There’s a lot to unpack here.  You seem very hostile against motorcycles that require skill to ride, and just angry in general.  Why do you think that is?

You compared a sport bike suit to a power ranger,  but get angry when people correctly point out there are zero performance reasons to even consider buying a Harley. There are the 18 wheelers of motorcycles. 

What would you say is your end goal with a motorcycle purchase? Are you looking for speed and cornering ability?  Or is there a certain look you are trying to achieve when people see you in public?

Is it possible you can here solely to get angry at the responses you knew you would get?

Calm down buddy jeez lol

• Haha 1

Harleys are extremely comfortable in touring configuration. And a lot of people really enjoy cleaning their bike more than riding it. If I was retired, abdicate had time to cross the country repeatedly, I'd probably do it on an Electra Glide. A Dyna is a good all around street bike, especially if comfort and looks are more important than function. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

The Dyna is the only one that doesn't suffer from dangerous levels of uprightness. Low riders aren't even motorcycles, you can't lean them at all. If you live in Kansas maybe that's ok. As for the big twins, Harley changed their frames and geometry in 2009, other than a Dyna, I would not buy a big bike made before 2009, they feel like they have a hinge in the middle of the frame and are hilariously sketchy if pushed at even a moderate pace. Have you already bought a pirate costume? 

I have not. I think I’m gonna go with an soa cut just to fit in. The low rider I’m looking at is a dyna low rider. Is that the one you’re talking about? I might hold off and buy the brand new low rider s. Obviously I’ll test ride any bike I buy. I’m also very interested in the superglide as well. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Grimlock said:

Older Dynas are decent rides. The main issue I saw with them outside of early TC88 valve train issues was blowing out engine mounts when the engines were modified. Compared to an FXR, the engine and transmission use one less mounting point which can be an issue if you’re chasing big numbers.

I’m just looking to ride man. I’m cooped up in my house and I have a knee injury that scares me from dirt bikes, which I grew up on. I just want to be on a motorcycle. Not looking to tour or anything. Just looking for back road cruising with some freeway blasts and possibly some wheelies lol

Edited by wadzi90
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Harleys are extremely comfortable in touring configuration. And a lot of people really enjoy cleaning their bike more than riding it. If I was retired, abdicate had time to cross the country repeatedly, I'd probably do it on an Electra Glide. A Dyna is a good all around street bike, especially if comfort and looks are more important than function. 

I’m just looking for a bike to rip around town and back roads with occasional freeway rips to near by towns. Comfort is the most important and obviously we all want a bike that looks cool to us. I looked into an Electra glide and street glide. Just a little to bulky. I like the dynas because of the mid controls coming off dirt bikes my entire life. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wadzi90 said:

I have not. I think I’m gonna go with an soa cut just to fit in. The low rider I’m looking at is a dyna low rider. Is that the one you’re talking about? I might hold off and buy the brand new low rider s. Obviously I’ll test ride any bike I buy. I’m also very interested in the superglide as well. 

A Dyna or superglide is a good bike. Please just ride a low rider before you buy one, lowering a Dyna is the most worthless mod possible. It reduces cornering clearance and reduces suspension travel, so it's way less comfortable and less maneuverable. People who actually ride will all think you're a poser clown if you ride a lowered bike that initially had a 26" seat height. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)

A Dyna or superglide is a good bike. Please just ride a low rider before you buy one, lowering a Dyna is the most worthless mod possible. It reduces cornering clearance and reduces suspension travel, so it's way less comfortable and less maneuverable. People who actually ride will all think you're a poser clown if you ride a lowered bike that initially had a 26" seat height. 

I don’t want a lowered bike. That’s why I like the dyna superglide. That’s also why I’m here. I know nothing about street bikes. I just think the superglide is sick and from what I’ve seen a lot of people have a blast on them. The brand new low rider s is sick as well

Edited by wadzi90

9 minutes ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

These are the low riders I’m talking about. The top one is the new softail and bottom is the dyna. These are the bikes that are too low and have shit handling?

BA5C3736-E675-47DB-9CEE-AA78E0ADF7FC.png

F11E9393-DDB8-4C37-9D20-CA404770EF1E.png

14 minutes ago, Chicken-N-Waffles said:

Wouldn’t it be easier/comfortable to tour in a Subaru?  I must be missing something here.  I’ve ridden those bmw 1600 cruisers and yes they are comfy, but they don’t make sense to me.