37 minutes ago, mog said:

Me too ,better than my revalved 16-18 ones ,the 19 had the worst kick ,the 20 wasn't too bad 

My friend has a trax shock on his 18 150 and it's revalved via restackor , his kicks more than mine and doesn't look as good ,I have not rode his 

On my 18 TC250 I've never even touched a clicker on the rear.  Glides through anything, no kicks whatsoever.  Makes the old Honda feel like a bucking bronco.  Are they all the same shock other than valving?

1 hour ago, mxaniac said:

On my 18 TC250 I've never even touched a clicker on the rear.  Glides through anything, no kicks whatsoever.  Makes the old Honda feel like a bucking bronco.  Are they all the same shock other than valving?

Pretty much but the 19 chassis is stiffer 

On 6/12/2021 at 2:31 PM, mxaniac said:

We all have a bias, none of us are completely rational.  

All of you are biased....except me!  I am completely rational!!  I have people skills!!!!!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, redrider144 said:

All of you are biased....except me!  I am completely rational!!  I have people  bunghole skills!!!!!

FIFY 😀

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, redrider144 said:

All of you are biased....except me!  I am completely rational!!  I have people skills!!!!!

Thats why @Chaconne can't leave you alone. 🤣

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2021 at 6:48 PM, Chaconne said:

She hit the lottery ticket with that divorce. You are in your 40s and live at home with your mother...politics is the least of your problems.  LOL.

Sad how we Americans believe that living with parents is a badge of a loser.  In some cultures, parents are treasured.  Kids are expected to take care of them.  And, the benefit is you have multiple generations of knowledge under one roof.  Here, we toss them aside, then have some day care raise our children.  Look at the product of that home vs. a home where the grandparents are respected and help with raising the grandchildren.  Done right, the children that come out of those homes with grandparents are amazing.

If my father was alive, I'd demand he live with me until his final day.  It would have been one of the biggest things in my life....right up there with my son.

Edited by jtomasik
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, jtomasik said:

Sad how we Americans believe that living with parents is a badge of a loser.  In some cultures, parents are treasured.  Kids are expected to take care of them.  And, the benefit is you have multiple generations of knowledge under one roof.  Here, we toss them aside, then have some day care raise our children.  Look at the product of that home vs. a home where the grandparents are respected and help with raising the grandchildren.  Done right, the children that come out of those homes with grandparents are amazing.

If my father was alive, I'd demand he live with me until his final day.  It would have been one of the biggest things in my life....right up there with my son.

My parents dont want to be taken care of nor do they want to live with me. My mom took care of her mother until she died and after my dad's father passed he lived with my grandmother until she passed. Both expierences only furthered their want to not rely on my sister and myself for care. Though we are here if they need us and I could totally see my mother moving in with mine or my sisters family after her current husband passes. My dad though will literally go die in the woods before being a "burden"(as he calls it) to my sister or myself. He's currently getting ready to spend the rest of his healthy days living in an rv sleeping at national parks, festivals, campgrounds and national forests.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, jtomasik said:

Different times and cultures are at work here. The trend for teh current generation is to live home for as long as possible, parents are enabling this movement too.

I am a Structural Engineer and work a lot with Hasidic families. They have multiple generations under 1 roof but separate sub units. I say sub units because the private living space is closed off, but the open areas are open to everyone. To see this in action is really a great thing. The elders, typically great grandparents raise the younger children during the day. That leaves the grandparents and parents (between 20-50 years old) able to go out and earn the money finding comfort that the people that raised them are watching the kids.

Not sure if I could live long term so close with the nuclear family, but it is easy to see the benefits. Also, those children take a more active role in the family chores, something that doesn't happen much in a modern family

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zinergy said:

My parents dont want to be taken care of nor do they want to live with me. My mom took care of her mother until she died and after my dad's father passed he lived with my grandmother until she passed. Both expierences only furthered their want to not rely on my sister and myself for care. Though we are here if they need us and I could totally see my mother moving in with mine or my sisters family after her current husband passes. My dad though will literally go die in the woods before being a "burden"(as he calls it) to my sister or myself. He's currently getting ready to spend the rest of his healthy days living in an rv sleeping at national parks, festivals, campgrounds and national forests.

If he makes it out west hit me up ill take him fishing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NYMXer said:

Different times and cultures are at work here. The trend for teh current generation is to live home for as long as possible, parents are enabling this movement too.

I am a Structural Engineer and work a lot with Hasidic families. They have multiple generations under 1 roof but separate sub units. I say sub units because the private living space is closed off, but the open areas are open to everyone. To see this in action is really a great thing. The elders, typically great grandparents raise the younger children during the day. That leaves the grandparents and parents (between 20-50 years old) able to go out and earn the money finding comfort that the people that raised them are watching the kids.

Not sure if I could live long term so close with the nuclear family, but it is easy to see the benefits. Also, those children take a more active role in the family chores, something that doesn't happen much in a modern family

You're absolutely right.  Different cultures, different situations.  The culture I've seen who cherishes their parents don't have a cake walk.  There are still the tensions between the parents and the kids.  It's for sure not easy.  But, it can be done.  Just takes a lot of cooperation and patience.  The payoff, in their case, is great grandchildren and also building wealth through generations.  

As I get old, of course I don't want to be a burden on my son or his family.  But, in the case of my dad, I wouldn't care.  I even offered to take my father in law in.  The guy was a second father to me.  Unfortunately neither stuck around long enough for me to get the chance.

4 hours ago, Zinergy said:

Yeah, I hear ya.  We've drifted from that multiple generations in a house thing.  Elderly see themselves as a burden and maybe useless.  Thing is, they're definitely not.  Their knowledge, their experience, and their having gone through raising a family makes them more "experts" than the parents.  Heck, if I had a second go-around with my son, I definitely learned a lot by raising him.  Also, parents staying with the family can bring in their wealth, and that can be passed on from generation to generation.

Of course I wouldn't hold the older folks back if they're healthy and want to enjoy their "vacation" that they've earned.  But, doesn't mean they can't have a new home-base with their kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtomasik said:

I think it all depends on the circumstances. I left my parents house when I was 17 and was chomping at the bit to get out before that. My parents wanted us to be independent and for me I couldn't get there fast enough. I would never go back to their home to live, as I took pride in being able to carve my own road. My mom is in her 90s and lives in her own apartment. I respect other ways of living and those cultures that have those traditions are welcome to them.

We have a lot interlopers here though and that is why it gets the badge of loser. These are the folks who want all the good things a modern American life brings until it gets difficult or they have to do it on their own, that is when they return to the protective bubble of home --AKA the basement command center. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

I think it all depends on the circumstances. I left my parents house when I was 17 and was chomping at the bit to get out before that. My parents wanted us to be independent and for me I couldn't get there fast enough. I would never go back to their home to live, as I took pride in being able to carve my own road. My mom is in her 90s and lives in her own apartment. I respect other ways of living and those cultures that have those traditions are welcome to them.

We have a lot interlopers here though and that is why it gets the badge of loser. These are the folks who want all the good things a modern American life brings until it gets difficult or they have to do it on their own, that is when they return to the protective bubble of home --AKA the basement command center. 

No doubt we each have our own stories.  Considering how "well" we're doing, maybe taking some hints from other cultures that are doing a bit better in some areas we complain about might not hurt.  But, I get it.  We want to do it our way.  Since I don't know what life's like in G.B., I can't say anything about mog if he really is living with his parents.  Heck, I really couldn't say anything about it if he was here.  Gotta walk a mile in someone else's shoes, first.

Anyway, Webb gets an 8th this weekend.  Would be cool if Roczen got two bad starts and went by Webb like he was standing still.  I don't dislike Webb, but I'm guessing Webb was really enjoying humiliating Kenny in SX.  Would be kinda cool to see that payback Roczen talked about.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

6 minutes ago, jtomasik said:

No doubt we each have our own stories.  Considering how "well" we're doing, maybe taking some hints from other cultures that are doing a bit better in some areas we complain about might not hurt.  But, I get it.  We want to do it our way.  Since I don't know what life's like in G.B., I can't say anything about mog if he really is living with his parents.  Heck, I really couldn't say anything about it if he was here.  Gotta walk a mile in someone else's shoes, first.

Anyway, Webb gets an 8th this weekend.  Would be cool if Roczen got two bad starts and went by Webb like he was standing still.  I don't dislike Webb, but I'm guessing Webb was really enjoying humiliating Kenny in SX.  Would be kinda cool to see that payback Roczen talked about.

Generally with Mog it is something he has previously said coming back at him. He likes to share his personal stuff here when it suits his narrative --god forbid you remind him of it though. :crazy::D

Anyway ya I was thinking Webb for a 4th or 3rd in this one I can't imagine him being out of the top 5. I like Roczen he is actually one of my favs, I love his smooth riding style, but haven't picked to win a championship since 2016. Maybe this year will be a surprise.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chaconne said:

Generally with Mog it is something he has previously said coming back at him. He likes to share his personal stuff here when it suits his narrative --god forbid you remind him of it though. :crazy::D

Anyway ya I was thinking Webb for a 4th or 3rd in this one I can't imagine him being out of the top 5. I like Roczen he is actually one of my favs, I love his smooth riding style, but haven't picked to win a championship since 2016. Maybe this year will be a surprise.

So I probably shouldn't share the story of when I was in the service, thought it was a great idea to go to Tijuana to get a hooker, and almost picked up a tranny?  Ever see a guy borderline passed out drunk go straight to sober in a matter of seconds?  LOL....

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, jtomasik said:

Yeah but here in American the losers that live with their parents sponge off them instead of take care of them. We really are &%$#@! up. 
I got myself a new bike though so whatever.... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Chaconne said:

Your talked bs as always ,I told you I was staying with my sister  as things were not  good with my ex and me ,whilst I was buying my house , my ex got a handout from her parents to buy me out our house 

You changing that to living with mum to try to make me look bad ,as that's the kind of person you are 

When someone shares you don't have to use it as a weapon and also lie ,your the only one that does this 

You go from bike brand bashing to try to pick apart personal stuff as you cannot cope with the discussion , what a guy 

The image you try to paint is 40 year old living with mum 

The truth is I have not lived with mum since I was 17 

I have my own house no mortgage ( not had one since 15) and just yesterday got the keys to my 2nd rental property ( both are part owned by me ) again no mortgage 

So as usual your about as wrong as you could possibly be , I'm amazed how one person can be consistently wrong ,even a monkey would get it right more often 

Screenshot_2021-06-16-07-46-21-37.jpg

Edited by mog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mog said:

Your talked bs as always ,I told you I was staying with my sister  as things were not  good with my ex and me ,whilst I was buying my house , my ex got a handout from her parents to buy me out our house 

You changing that to living with mum to try to make me look bad ,as that's the kind of person you are 

When someone shares you don't have to use it as a weapon and also lie ,your the only one that does this 

You go from bike brand bashing to try to pick apart personal stuff as you cannot cope with the discussion , what a guy 

I have my own house no mortgage ( not had one since 15) and just yesterday got the keys to my 2nd rental property ( both are part owned by me ) again no mortgage 

So as usual your about as wrong as you could possibly be , I'm amazed how one person can be consistently wrong ,even a monkey would get it right more often 

Well done Mog😸

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, motojunkiedan said:

Yeah but here in American the losers that live with their parents sponge off them instead of take care of them. We really are &%$#@! up. 
I got myself a new bike though so whatever.... 

Eh, don't be too harsh.  There are kids who take care of their parents, and the relationship is more symbiotic.  But, no doubt there are plenty of flunkies out there as well.

My son moved out on his own per our agreement we talked about when he was in high school.  He stuck by the timeline and moved out when he was supposed to.  But, he's moving back in for a year to save for a down payment on a house.  Loser?  Nah.  Kid's always had a good job since he got out of high school.  Has a solid, well paying career now.  He was just a young man with money in his pocket and a swinging dick.  Glad he had his fun, 'cause there's enough "seriousness" in life waiting for him.  I don't doubt he's a bit embarrassed.  But, he's doing it for a good cause.  Point is, I wouldn't call anyone a loser for living with their parents just based on that, since situations are vastly different.

Edited by jtomasik
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, mog said:

Jeezus....go get a tranny hooker story man.  You're boring for a motocross board.

Edited by jtomasik