USWE Drops CORE™ Dual-Sport Daypacks

USWE Drops CORE™ Dual-Sport Daypacks

New Adventure Pack with USWE’s Proprietary NDM™ Harness Available in 16L and 25L Sizes

DSC05945.JPG
Donnie Emler Jr. @FMFRacing73 rockin' the new USWE Core 25L

MALMӦ, Sweden - June 2nd, 2021 - USWE, a leader in packs for action sports, today announces the launch of its new CORE™ Series, the ultimate dual-sport moto packs featuring USWE’s proprietary NDM™ 2.0 + Snug-Me™ harness system, smart organization, and two capacity options to create the perfect fit and meet the needs of the moto adventurer. 

The CORE Series comes standard with the NDM™ (No Dancing Monkey) 2.0 + Snug-Me harness system. The combined efforts of NDMand SnugMe technologies with a supporting waist belt keep the pack stationary on the back even at high speed in the bumps. The USWE CORE packs are built for adventure riding, no matter the intensity of the terrain or length of ride, and thanks to the one-of-a-kind harness system, there are no boundaries to where you can go.

Built as a high-end dual-sport pack for off-road moto riding, the CORE™ Series features a zippered molded tool case, hydration compatible design, padded goggle pocket, and external armor attachment points.

CORE™ Series 16L | 25L

Features:

• Bounce free No Dancing Monkey™ 2.0 + Snug-Me™ harness system with integrated elastic straps that expands along with the chest during physical exertion. The harness is aligned with the waist belt to secure the lower part of the pack.
  • 1x phone pocket (L17 / W9 / D3 cm) accessible from the front of the harness.
  • 5x webbing loops to attach your radio or LED-Light to the harness. Accessible from the front.
  • 2x big waist pockets that’s accessible from the front.
  • Ventilated and multi-size adjustable back panel that easily can be adjusted up and down for individual fit and size of the pack. 
  • Outside compression system for a slim profile.
  • 1x zippered molded tool case (L27 / W15 / D5 cm) included in the organizer pocket with a large and smooth opening
  • 9x webbing loops at the back of the pack to attach rider equipment and LED-Light
  • Zippered top panel pocket with soft inner fabric to story your goggles
  • Armor carry attachment points
  • CORE 16L - $239.95 | CORE 25L - $249.95
  • NDM Tech + Snug-Me Tech 

DSC05827-edit.jpg

About USWE

USWE makes bounce-free action backpacks that provide the perfect fit for all. Their backpacks and hydration packs use a proprietary patented harness design, making the packs 100% bounce-free. The unique shape and suspension allow outdoor and motorcycle enthusiasts to carry gear and essentials, without affecting their breathing capacity or body movement. USWE's mission is to design backpacks and hydration packs that can be worn in action, with a pure race-fit, so it’s like wearing nothing at all. Besides making Backpacks and Hydration Backpacks, USWE also makes Hydration Hip Belts / Hip Bags / Hip Pouches, Protector Backpacks and Commuter Backpacks. With devoted Packs Series for MTB, Motorsports, Enduro, Running, Trail Running and Winter Sports. Learn more at: https://www.uswe-sports.com.

Core-16-Black-Red-USWE-Daypack-Backpack.jpg

Core-16-Black-Red-USWE-Daypack-Backpack-Sideview.jpg

Core-16-Black-Red-USWE-Daypack-Backpack-Secondary-Compartment.jpg

Core-16-Black-Red-USWE-Daypack-Backpack-Hydration-System.jpg

Core-16-Black-Red-USWE-Daypack-Backpack-Hydration-Sleeve.jpg

Core-16-Black-Red-USWE-Daypack-Backpack-Harness.jpg

Core-16-Black-Red-USWE-Daypack-Backpack-Backplate.jpg

• Like 5

Looks interesting and has a lot of "features", though I really like my Klim Nac Pac.  I had a USWE pack that was decent, it was too small for what I like to bring on longer rides, which was my fault. I bought what was one of their larger packs at the time. After a while the front straps started to break down and then the clincher, main zipper failure which really put a sour taste in my mouth about the reliability.  Main zipper failure while riding, fortunately because of what I had and how it was packed it didn't unload on the trail, behind my back while I rode away.  Having that happen 30 miles from staging really sucked though. The pack was full, but not over-full when that happened.  Price point seems a little steep for these larger packs but USWE pushes 50% off a lot on Instagram, though I don't know what they are including in that discount.

$240 ?

I get the same "performance" out of my $30 Big 5 packs and my one old huge Camelbak.

And the jumping monkey thing or whatever they call it.  That's something invented by this overpriced company to try to dis their competition.  I have 3 hydration packs and none of them exhibit that alleged trait.  And guess what, none of them cost much more than 10% of this one.  Marketing to the gullible at its finest.

And no, I've never tried one of these miracle packs, I'm not going to spend that kind of money for no reason.  Give me one and I'll try it, but otherwise NO.  I have better things to spend my money on.

Yeah, I'm tired of all the hype about these, its a freaking hydration pack.

Edited by BOAB
  • Like 1

I've got a lot of 1st hand experience with these over the last several years. Nothing bad to say, the opposite actually.

Dancing monkey - yea, backpack can bounce around, depending on what kind of riding you're doing. The non-USWE fix is to have two traps, one across the chest and one at the waist. I'd often forget to do one or both and had to stop, fix, go. Taking the backpack off to take out an item and putting it back on, meh. USWE have the single latch, almost like getting out of a parachute harness.

Customer service and support are hands down awesome. Had two interactions with them... Airborne 16 backpack zipper started giving me trouble, opened a case via their website, they asked for a picture, and shipped me a new backpack (didn't want the old one back). For X-mas I got my wife one of their new 'snow sport' backpacks, and it was stolen from under our front door (a whole other story). Figured it was my fault, it was after all delivered, but sent them a question anyway asking about package insurance... they sent me a new backpack with a note of something along the lines 'sorry this happened'.

They do put solid R&D into these, and yea, price reflects that. They also have sales on the website, often 40-50% off, so I'd keep an eye out for a good deal. Needless to say taking time to write all this, I'm a fan of the brand. Wife and use these packs off-road, for skiing, biking, and just generic walking the forest with the dog.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

2 minutes ago, Nex said:

I've got a lot of 1st hand experience with these over the last several years. Nothing bad to say, the opposite actually.

Dancing monkey - yea, backpack can bounce around, depending on what kind of riding you're doing. The non-USWE fix is to have two traps, one across the chest and one at the waist. I'd often forget to do one or both and had to stop, fix, go. Taking the backpack off to take out an item and putting it back on, meh. USWE have the single latch, almost like getting out of a parachute harness.

Customer service and support are hands down awesome. Had two interactions with them... Airborne 16 backpack zipper started giving me trouble, opened a case via their website, they asked for a picture, and shipped me a new backpack (didn't want the old one back). For X-mas I got my wife one of their new 'snow sport' backpacks, and it was stolen from under our front door (a whole other story). Figured it was my fault, it was after all delivered, but sent them a question anyway asking about package insurance... they sent me a new backpack with a note of something along the lines 'sorry this happened'.

They do put solid R&D into these, and yea, price reflects that. They also have sales on the website, often 40-50% off, so I'd keep an eye out for a good deal. Needless to say taking time to write all this, I'm a fan of the brand. Wife and use these packs off-road, for skiing, biking, and just generic walking the forest with the dog.

Pretty sure that they're having a father's day sale this weekend.

24 minutes ago, Nex said:

That's good to know I will open a ticket about my failed zipper.  Also, I agree with the one snap thing, when wearing my larger pack I use when I want to haul way too much stuff the waste straps are often forgotten only to get stuck between the muffler and the fender. I find this out when I want to move farther than the restraint allows me to!  KIim Nac Pac has one latch closure front and center also, so it doesn't seem so proprietary/unique as it is made out to be. 

6 minutes ago, Tye Durden said:

it doesn't seem so proprietary/unique as it is made out to be. 

I think it's the whole system with how the harness is put together, it's got some elastic parts etc.

Customer service is good, and I really like the strapping system. However, I'm on my third Ranger 9. First failed due to zipper, second stitching came apart. The quality just isn't that great unfortunately. I see more and more people using them but I have a hard time recommending them for these issues. 

On 6/23/2021 at 2:12 PM, Bryan II said:

Let us know how it works out!

Just arrived off the FedUp™ truck, unboxed it and got it sized for my torso in less than a minute. This is an extremely well made product, and the pockets are all easily accessible on the front/sides while wearing it. The molded zippered tool case is fantastic, perfect size to move what I have in my Beta provided tool pouch over and close tight. Shakedown ride this Monday so I will have more to report once I get back. 

We use two way radios for bike to bike communication so I am going to play around with holster location a bit to get it where I want it. Molle straps down the front might be where I put that, but we run long whip antennas so putting the radio up where Donny Jr @FMFRacing73 has it in his pack won't work for me without smacking the side of my helmet all day. I'll have to see if I can get it low enough to not interfere. 

Small duck antenna here- 

image.png.535aed439405b1363218480b907e8b8a.png

image.thumb.png.974147ba5f75dfed5e46fa29a784ad19.png

high mount like this with a 15" Nagoya antenna will not work. 

image.png.99bd02e6459b3784c7fcf589bc95b3c7.png

I added the velcro tear off panel for my IFAK kit so that no longer needs to be something carried inside my pack. Looks like it's going to work out really nice. 

• Helpful 1

• 3 weeks later...

One ride on the Core 16L pack and I really like it. 100oz water, all tools, food, etc and 18.5lbs. Even got my buddy @catmanz440 on the wagon, he bought one as well. 

image.thumb.png.f6b9c138f541ddf080f2907db2d619b2.pngimage.thumb.png.6549cb50b89af73106736552a269ffdf.png

USWE sent me a summer coupon code for 25% off so I bought the wife one of the Flow 16L packs. She does not need to carry tools, so this pack gives her plenty of storage for rain shell, food, and still has the waist straps like the core does. I also added a phone case since this model does not come with one, but has the quick connect tabs for it on the front strap. 

image.thumb.png.65916d087ae974af44d18fb0c9a923bc.pngimage.thumb.png.6e3e80c3a3ba587349dd19e581bcc78e.pngimage.thumb.png.9250ff942a86c042102f6960778c1e51.png

I also ended up buying  Leatt GPX 3.0 cargo hydration pack for a comparison. It's much more simple compared to the USWE stuff, but still works well so I will probably gift that one to my oldest daughter. 

image.png.90bdae6ea70e92eb519f4db5f67fdcf0.pngimage.png.bf002fc21ff0ccb358e0f6c797a87a06.png

image.png