Vital MX Beta 300 RX Raceshop Build Video

17 minutes ago, GP said:

I have lost count of the # of PMs and emails I have received over the last few years on how to fix the Beta front end.   Guys that did find it an issue but did not want to enter the ceaspool.  $5 in parts, less than an hour and its a different bike.  Completely reversible.  Not a high level of trust needed for that really.  

Again,  if it worked for you and you helped a few others, that's great. 

Nobody I ride with that are far faster than myself and have vast riding experience on Beta's have felt the need. 

To each there own. Setup is highly subjective and 100% determined by terrain,  ability,  experience,  and style of riding.  

Absolutely nothing is universal! 

Btw, same here with tons of pm's on jetting,  tires,  bike setup, etc. 

Had multiple bikes in my shop this winter that I wrenched on and setup for others. 

Hell, @MalusAsinae bought his Beta solely on mine and shrub's owning them and look how that turned out for him 😆

I just prefer to point out the absurdity and hypocrisy on here on a regular basis because when you exist in anonymity,  anything is possible! 

Face it, none of us would be on here if we didn't enjoy the hogwash and poking at each other.  There's far superior places to go for bike advice that's actually backed up with real life people doing real life riding 😁

Edited by firffighter

6 minutes ago, MalusAsinae said:

That's a cheap promise when you're already maxed out. You're gonna need a Hydromax.

Maxed out? Are you kidding?

Every 3rd day there's 24hrs of this that's far worse (better, I mean) with coworkers/brothers. 

My dickness here is only a drop in the bucket (that's what she said) 😉

Am I endearing you enough to join me for a ride? 🤪

Edited by firffighter
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Maxed out? Are you kidding?

Every 3rd day there's 24hrs of this that's far worse (better, I mean) with coworkers/brothers. 

My dickness here is only a drop in the bucket (that's what she said) 😉

Am I endearing you enough to join me for a ride? 🤪

Lol, it's gonna be awhile, I'm a cripple again. 

• Sad 1

Just now, MalusAsinae said:

I'm hoping to ride by July 4th, but it's not looking good, and I'll be at a really low level after sitting around for 10 weeks. 

It's fine.  

Apparently sitting is preferable for Beta's.  

Heard it from my source 😉

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Woodschamp said:

I think Star is getting too much credit , Ferrandis is coming into his stride , they have slightly improved a bike that has been flawed for a decade , Ferrandis is the one making it shine. And speaking of Great riders and Blue pigs I’ll just leave this here. 

E85CC38A-EE57-46A2-A146-7D980B823E51.jpeg

Yz has so much decompression you don’t need back brakes. I loved that about my yz450f, it was naturally like a recluse for back brake usage…. Did it just right automatically

• Helpful 1

Let’s try to keep a few threads open. I’m surprised Ud shut down the other, I’ve seen way worse. Not that I don’t agree. 
 I think a rat got in…

Everyone wants to be a part of the Beta party these days, a good problem. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Depp said:

Let’s try to keep a few threads open. I’m surprised Ud shut down the other, I’ve seen way worse. Not that I don’t agree. 
 I think a rat got in…

Everyone wants to be a part of the Beta party these days, a good problem. 

Was it me? I do that shit sometimes without thinking about it.?I really am interested in the beta, 300mx bike or 450. I haven’t heard much about the 450 but the 300rx has gotten some hype. Beautiful and unique all at once. I like stink bug bikes but I don’t like bad turning bikes. If you’re stink bug you better stick in them corners

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hondaman331 said:

Was it me? I do that shit sometimes without thinking about it.?I really am interested in the beta, 300mx bike or 450. I haven’t heard much about the 450 but the 300rx has gotten some hype. Beautiful and unique all at once. I like stink bug bikes but I don’t like bad turning bikes. If you’re stink bug you better stick in them corners

No it wasn’t you. No specifics on the 450 yet released, just the teaser video letting people know it is coming soon. I would expect them in owners hands before the end of the year. Excited to see what happens in the first MXGP in Russia Sunday, looks like it’s going to be a mud race. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, hondaman331 said:

Yz has so much decompression you don’t need back brakes. I loved that about my yz450f, it was naturally like a recluse for back brake usage…. Did it just right automatically

I had a WR450 about a decade ago and I agree about the decomp , however that top heavy blue whale had to go , you know it’s bad when a YZ450 can point , laugh and call another bike FAT 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, GP said:

I have lost count of the # of PMs and emails I have received over the last few years on how to fix the Beta front end.   Guys that did find it an issue but did not want to enter the ceaspool.  $5 in parts, less than an hour and its a different bike.  Completely reversible.  Not a high level of trust needed for that really.  

Hey GP, have you created a post about this fix? I'm curious to see what you did. Thanks.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 11:49 AM, Johnny Depp said:

Read what Ryan has said, and MXA and Vital. It isn't hard to figure out or necessary to ride the bike. Beta hasn't changed any rake/trail or other major changes to the frame ever. A little gusset here and there and some new tabs to mount things is about it. 

Every crash I've ever had on my Beta has been front end related at high speeds. It is never noticed if you aren't pushing the limits, and it doesn't give much warning, the front end just washes out.

At least on my 4t, it is easily dealt with. Heavier rear spring and front for my weight, under 100 front and rear sag, forks up in the clamps until the handling is neutral. I have had it too far where the bike only wants to take inside lines, so it is achievable (shorter forks on mine than current). 

We have seen it over and over and over on this forum over the years, and it is almost always misunderstood since people use traditional settings and sag that chopper's the bike worse.

Vital just did a interview with KR94's mechanic, and guess what his setup is?

Stinkbug chassis, full travel from the suspension components, tame the engine and ride a gear high. Go figure.

And yet there is never any aftermarket or factory parts made available to supposedly “ correct “ turning for Betas for literally years. I have the Boano racing racing triple clamps on my 525 to choose of a variety of offset s along with a BRP 19mm triple clamp I bought from a pro desert racer who liked it the best he said.  I tried them all then what worked best was the boano triples close to stock adjustment . Here for Hondas and YZ’s I and others changed triples to improve steering and of course a variety of different suspension setups in addition.  I compared notes with local yz and cr honda guys I respected and know better before trying myself.  I expected that I or other Beta riders locally would play with triples and other suspension mods for fast and slow. Thanks for the references. More sources of info the better. For my front end on my 300 I’m having my bars in the furthest forward position . For my size. 6’1” 230 with knuckle dragger longer arms my bike turns awesome. My bike isn’t stinkbug but pretty even balanced. Maybe I can play and try adjusting a little more that way to see how it goes. I was looking at Cody Webbs 300 setup and he didn’t set up his ergos for a big man at all. He had  standard height bars and in the middle of the triples. I have rear offsett bigger pegs and a little higher ktm/suzuki bars in furthest forward triples mount holes. I like it and my turning is great. Seeing C.Webbs setup I’m thinking of putting my bars in middle position. My 12’ 350 is setup like Cody’s middle of the road stock ergo suspension. That handles great and was basically suspension  set up for an mx local expert about 20 lbs lighter than I am and about the same size as I am. 

Im not seeing local racers adjusting and changing their Betas to turn better like for Honda and Yamaha. I see guys that changed triples for those bikes but not when going Beta. Same for me. Gasgas turned well. KTM’s didnt so guys did what they did to improve there. I don’t know. I’m just asking where you got your info as I’m not seeing pros or other locals changing their suspension mods too much. 

I will continue to try different setups and see what might work better. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Helpful 1

Ahh. I have to take back that there’s no aftermarket option for different offsets. There is and again it’s from Boano like I have on my 525 Beta.  Still I see no one putting these on and changing offsets from stock. You would think some would post up since these have been available for years. Even way back over 10 years ago no one bought these to “fix” turning. It’s there now though for anyone to buy and put on and try different offsets to see how it is. 

https://shopbetamotorcycle.com/products/boano-beta-2-stroke-13-on-billet-adjustable-triple-clamp-set

2B2550D4-979F-45BC-91FF-872A3A2B7293.png

32574AB8-11F8-4D49-AFD1-431A96A42DEF.png

1 hour ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

And yet there is never any aftermarket or factory parts made available to supposedly “ correct “ turning for Betas for literally years. I have the Boano racing racing triple clamps on my 525 to choose of a variety of offset s along with a BRP 19mm triple clamp I bought from a pro desert racer who liked it the best he said.  I tried them all then what worked best was the boano triples close to stock adjustment . Here for Hondas and YZ’s I and others changed triples to improve steering and of course a variety of different suspension setups in addition.  I compared notes with local yz and cr honda guys I respected and know better before trying myself.  I expected that I or other Beta riders locally would play with triples and other suspension mods for fast and slow. Thanks for the references. More sources of info the better. For my front end on my 300 I’m having my bars in the furthest forward position . For my size. 6’1” 230 with knuckle dragger longer arms my bike turns awesome. My bike isn’t stinkbug but pretty even balanced. Maybe I can play and try adjusting a little more that way to see how it goes. I was looking at Cody Webbs 300 setup and he didn’t set up his ergos for a big man at all. He had  standard height bars and in the middle of the triples. I have rear offsett bigger pegs and a little higher ktm/suzuki bars in furthest forward triples mount holes. I like it and my turning is great. Seeing C.Webbs setup I’m thinking of putting my bars in middle position. My 12’ 350 is setup like Cody’s middle of the road stock ergo suspension. That handles great and was basically suspension  set up for an mx local expert about 20 lbs lighter than I am and about the same size as I am. 

Im not seeing local racers adjusting and changing their Betas to turn better like for Honda and Yamaha. I see guys that changed triples for those bikes but not when going Beta. Same for me. Gasgas turned well. KTM’s didnt so guys did what they did to improve there. I don’t know. I’m just asking where you got your info as I’m not seeing pros or other locals changing their suspension mods too much. 

I will continue to try different setups and see what might work better. 

There is no need for replacement triples. The frame is good as is. 
 It should be set up for each rider. Higher speed corners on wider tracks I recommend stinkbug. Let’s leave the “discovery” part out, it’s been covered plenty. 

27 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

Ahh. I have to take back that there’s no aftermarket option for different offsets. There is and again it’s from Boano like I have on my 525 Beta.  Still I see no one putting these on and changing offsets from stock. You would think some would post up since these have been available for years. Even way back over 10 years ago no one bought these to “fix” turning. It’s there now though for anyone to buy and put on and try different offsets to see how it is. 

https://shopbetamotorcycle.com/products/boano-beta-2-stroke-13-on-billet-adjustable-triple-clamp-set

2B2550D4-979F-45BC-91FF-872A3A2B7293.png

32574AB8-11F8-4D49-AFD1-431A96A42DEF.png

The split clamp style is all the rage. I think there are a few sources, Lexon will build custom, but as you said, nobody’s changing specs that we know of. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hondaman331 said:

Damn muffler would get ripped off with me on it

Yep, not crazy about the current trend. Fantic has some sensible side cover/number plates that look good too. 

C5F32552-D098-4473-9E25-768728C7699A.jpeg

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Like 2