2022 Ford Maverick

Truck use is a wide margin. Far more value a truck for trips to the Home Depot, hauling furniture, camping and other light to moderate uses vs. pulling a 10,000lb. trailer in the Rockies. Just another tool; pick that which suits the job you'll be using it for. Trucks are hot, so mfrs are chasing the $$$. I think the updated Ridgeline looks better and Honda reliability vs. Ford? That's an easy pick for me.

• Like 3

Probably the most bought type of vehicle in Australia, like arseholes over here these days as everyone has one. Most vehicle manufacturers have something in this class with three tonne towing capacity so a pretty useful family/weekend warrior car. And not too bad on fuel even when towing a toy hauler

• Like 1

What kind of fairy boats call these things trucks, these are SUV's with the hatch removed. Looks like that non binary gender Honda "truck". I guess it would be good for hauling groceries and hand sanitizer home from store while wearing a mask driving. Does it come with a rainbow flag for the antenna?

• Helpful 1
  • Haha 10

I’d go for Ranchero.  A couple of things I’m interested in watching is if the lack of body panel separation between the cab and box and the CVT will fly this time.  The Ridgeline was that way in its first models and then changed to a more traditional look.  CVTs haven’t been widely accepted resulting in endowing them with artificial “gears” to mimic traditional automatics.  Other than those two questions I think it’s a good bet it will sell but not to the traditional bigger is better pickup crowd.  Actually it would be a great replacement for my wife’s Elantra Touring circa ‘09. Cover on the back or maybe even a topper (cap).   

Most of the trucks in my area are driven by soccer moms and guys that are over compensating for something that don't need a full size truck or the fuel costs that go with it. This truck has a niche that needs to be filled. Just wish it came with a model that didn't have 4 doors so the bed could be a reasonably 6 feet.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Quintin said:

It's looks like a Sport Trac.  Remake the old Ranger and I might be interested.  The new Ranger is almost as big as my old F150.  Can't even reach into the box if you are under 6ft3.

Yep! The STUPID height of the Ranger/Colorado is my pet peeve.

14 minutes ago, Quintin said:

The new Ranger is almost as big as my old F150

I know almost identical with the new F150 base side by side. Those old nissan, toyota, mazda, ford, chevy small trucks were great. You could haul a sheet of plywood or a dirtbike, and they were small and maneuverable, you could park in a small space. Why dont they make a modern version of those, with all the new motors and tech? Just like motorcycles, every bike has to be where if you arent 6 foot you cant touch the ground.  

• Like 1

This Maverick has a 4 1/2 foot bed. I like my Tacoma access cab 2 door with a 6 ft bed as I can haul my bike with tail gate up. Although the Maverick hybrid gets almost twice the mpg as my Taco. Nice to have another choice out there...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kdxyardsale said:

I know almost identical with the new F150 base side by side. Those old nissan, toyota, mazda, ford, chevy small trucks were great. You could haul a sheet of plywood or a dirtbike, and they were small and maneuverable, you could park in a small space. Why dont they make a modern version of those, with all the new motors and tech? Just like motorcycles, every bike has to be where if you arent 6 foot you cant touch the ground.  

Because their teams of market analysts and the data show that there is more money building what you see them churching out.

22 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

Because their teams of market analysts and the data show that there is more money building what you see them churching out.

How do they know that when there are literally no smaller trucks to buy, therefore none to survey or watch the market on. I know several people that would buy a small pickup. Look at the price of the older ford rangers, around here if they run, the prices are ridiculous, because people still want them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kdxyardsale said:

Two Thumbs Up on this comment. 

Dear manufactures, DUH!

• Like 2