23 hours ago, Old Blue said:

I had a maverick back in 1974.  Trunk full of sand and water all the time, ring gear warped from factory, a total pos.

The name turned me off instantly.

The "Maverick" was an ugly POS  econo car.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MalusAsinae said:

I always associate that name more strongly with James Garner

What about Bart, Beau and Brent ?

🤣

4 hours ago, kcposty said:

I have a new vehicle with radar cruise, don't care for it. Maybe good for crowded Florida highways but out in the west its a pain.

How so? You set it and forget it. If there is no traffic, it's just plain cruise control (transparent).

Ford needs to get with the times.

Instead of naming it the "Maverick, it would've been more appropriate to name it the Ford "Transgender".

A car, that now thinks it's a truck...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, MXOldtimer said:

Instead of naming it the "Maverick, it would've been more appropriate to name it the Ford "Transgender".

Maybe we can have another thread debating it like the EL Camino. :banghead:

• Haha 2

Just now, Ud_Luz said:

Maybe we can have another thread debating it like the EL Camino. :banghead:

I just call anything light duty with a bed, a pickup. 👍

1 minute ago, Ud_Luz said:

I'll raise you, Edsel. 

My Dad had two. Car ahead of it's time and as heavy as a tank. 🤣

At 16 he'd let me drive one once in awhile but not often. 

The push buttons on the steering column was so cool.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MXOldtimer said:

Go watch the video commercial from Ford. They're not trying to appeal to traditional truck buyers. The response to this topic proves it. They have other trucks that appeal to this audience. I'd argue they ARE with the times. It's a utility vehicle for crossover buyers looking for a bed that don't want a traditional truck.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

How so? You set it and forget it. If there is no traffic, it's just plain cruise control 

I find myself getting within range of the radar cut off before changing lanes (still plenty of space between vehicles) and of course that momentarily cuts off cruise.  Old habits from pre radar I suppose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kcposty said:

I find myself getting within range of the radar cut off before changing lanes (still plenty of space between vehicles) and of course that momentarily cuts off cruise.  Old habits from pre radar I suppose.

Does yours have settings for distance? The closest setting of 3 on my Taco does a pretty good job. I just love never having to touch the brake or gas, just steer. On long road trips it makes things more relaxing and I get noticeably better gas mileage using it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

Does yours have settings for distance? The closest setting of 3 on my Taco does a pretty good job. I just love never having to touch the brake or gas, just steer. On long road trips it makes things more relaxing and I get noticeably better gas mileage using it.

Honda.  Yes 3 distance settings, guess I have to change my slice and dice style.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MXOldtimer said:

Butch it up with a Statham twist. Ford TransPorter. They should hyphenate the Trans-It.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MXOldtimer said:

I just call anything light duty with a bed, a pickup. 👍

No. No no no no no. It's a car. The Ridgeline is a car, or a minivan at best. Unibody is car all day every day. 

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

4 minutes ago, MalusAsinae said:

No. No no no no no. It's a car. The Ridgeline is a car, or a minivan at best. Unibody is car all day every day. 

Tell that to Matt Winder @ Winder Offroad Recovery in Utah. He pulls stuck trucks regularly with his unibody XJ. 😙

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MalusAsinae said:

Depending on what body you plop on top of the Ridgline main structure you get a minivan (Odyssey) SUV (passport) or truck like.  Always love the hate on anything that isn't a "full" sized truck. I have to wonder how anything got done in the sixties in those wimpy little C-10s.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

I was driving my sister in law's stupid Subaru last year when suddenly it spazzed out and slammed on the brakes from a semi rolling on the entrance ramp nowhere near me. Just about caused a big pileup on I-10. 👎 Have you had any of the cars with the lane computer want to drive you all over the road when the highway department has tarred cracks in the road? That's a joy. 🙄

I'll take my Mark 1 eyeballs for the win instead of auto computers about as reliable as Micro$oft. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

Tell that to Matt Winder @ Winder Offroad Recovery in Utah. He pulls stuck trucks regularly with his unibody XJ. 😙

Oh is his XJ awd? Nope, it's got a real man's transfer case. Apple meets orange....err yellow. I love that guys videos.