Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Old Blue said:

I had a maverick back in 1974.  Trunk full of sand and water all the time, ring gear warped from factory, a total pos.

The name turned me off instantly.

The "Maverick" was an ugly POS  econo car.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MalusAsinae said:

I always associate that name more strongly with James Garner

What about Bart, Beau and Brent ?

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kcposty said:

I have a new vehicle with radar cruise, don't care for it. Maybe good for crowded Florida highways but out in the west its a pain.

How so? You set it and forget it. If there is no traffic, it's just plain cruise control (transparent).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ford needs to get with the times.

Instead of naming it the "Maverick, it would've been more appropriate to name it the Ford "Transgender".

A car, that now thinks it's a truck...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MXOldtimer said:

Ford needs to get with the times.

Instead of naming it the "Maverick, it would've been more appropriate to name it the Ford "Transgender".

A car, that now thinks it's a truck...

Maybe we can have another thread debating it like the EL Camino. :banghead:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ud_Luz said:

Maybe we can have another thread debating it like the EL Camino. :banghead:

I just call anything light duty with a bed, a pickup. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ud_Luz said:

I'll raise you, Edsel. 

My Dad had two. Car ahead of it's time and as heavy as a tank. 🤣

At 16 he'd let me drive one once in awhile but not often. 

The push buttons on the steering column was so cool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MXOldtimer said:

Ford needs to get with the times.

Instead of naming it the "Maverick, it would've been more appropriate to name it the Ford "Transgender".

A car, that now thinks it's a truck...

Go watch the video commercial from Ford. They're not trying to appeal to traditional truck buyers. The response to this topic proves it. They have other trucks that appeal to this audience. I'd argue they ARE with the times. It's a utility vehicle for crossover buyers looking for a bed that don't want a traditional truck.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

How so? You set it and forget it. If there is no traffic, it's just plain cruise control 

I find myself getting within range of the radar cut off before changing lanes (still plenty of space between vehicles) and of course that momentarily cuts off cruise.  Old habits from pre radar I suppose.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kcposty said:

I find myself getting within range of the radar cut off before changing lanes (still plenty of space between vehicles) and of course that momentarily cuts off cruise.  Old habits from pre radar I suppose.

Does yours have settings for distance? The closest setting of 3 on my Taco does a pretty good job. I just love never having to touch the brake or gas, just steer. On long road trips it makes things more relaxing and I get noticeably better gas mileage using it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

Does yours have settings for distance? The closest setting of 3 on my Taco does a pretty good job. I just love never having to touch the brake or gas, just steer. On long road trips it makes things more relaxing and I get noticeably better gas mileage using it.

Honda.  Yes 3 distance settings, guess I have to change my slice and dice style.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MXOldtimer said:

Ford needs to get with the times.

Instead of naming it the "Maverick, it would've been more appropriate to name it the Ford "Transgender".

A car, that now thinks it's a truck...

Butch it up with a Statham twist. Ford TransPorter. They should hyphenate the Trans-It.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MXOldtimer said:

I just call anything light duty with a bed, a pickup. 👍

No. No no no no no. It's a car. The Ridgeline is a car, or a minivan at best. Unibody is car all day every day. 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MalusAsinae said:

No. No no no no no. It's a car. The Ridgeline is a car, or a minivan at best. Unibody is car all day every day. 

Tell that to Matt Winder @ Winder Offroad Recovery in Utah. He pulls stuck trucks regularly with his unibody XJ. 😙

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MalusAsinae said:

No. No no no no no. It's a car. The Ridgeline is a car, or a minivan at best. Unibody is car all day every day. 

Depending on what body you plop on top of the Ridgline main structure you get a minivan (Odyssey) SUV (passport) or truck like.  Always love the hate on anything that isn't a "full" sized truck. I have to wonder how anything got done in the sixties in those wimpy little C-10s.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

Does yours have settings for distance? The closest setting of 3 on my Taco does a pretty good job. I just love never having to touch the brake or gas, just steer. On long road trips it makes things more relaxing and I get noticeably better gas mileage using it.

I was driving my sister in law's stupid Subaru last year when suddenly it spazzed out and slammed on the brakes from a semi rolling on the entrance ramp nowhere near me. Just about caused a big pileup on I-10. 👎 Have you had any of the cars with the lane computer want to drive you all over the road when the highway department has tarred cracks in the road? That's a joy. 🙄

I'll take my Mark 1 eyeballs for the win instead of auto computers about as reliable as Micro$oft. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Bryan II said:

Tell that to Matt Winder @ Winder Offroad Recovery in Utah. He pulls stuck trucks regularly with his unibody XJ. 😙

Oh is his XJ awd? Nope, it's got a real man's transfer case. Apple meets orange....err yellow. I love that guys videos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...