Salvatore Sordello

YZ250F Yz250f Carburetor mid body jet

Hey guys, I was trying to remove the jet in the mid body of my 2002 yz250f carburetor and it wouldn't budge so I ended up drilling it out, but now I can't find this jet on any diagrams. The jet sprays into the throttle body. Does anybody know what this is called and where I can buy one?

16232846256607445153573800581450.jpg

Man...you did that hu? Didn't even check that a replacement part can be had first? Oh man...

I have that same carb, sell it to ya for $3500. Yeah, I know that's expensive, but the rest of the bike comes with it...ready to ride.

Edited by rodcrank
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

That jet is obtainable. They just are not easy to find and you are going to have to search google. A quick search on google for FCR MX AP Jet gave me a listing for a dual spray jet made by Athena. Not cheap but it will work. I've also seen oem style jets for sale. Here's an Amazon link for the Athena jet:

https://www.amazon.com/Athena-Venturi-Keihin-Carburetors-P400000180002/dp/B001RZ61WS

Correction: It's a nozzle, not a jet

Edited by george308
  • Helpful 1

Mate we all make silly mistakes when we're learning. When you are tackling a new disassembly, it's pretty vital to have access to an exploded parts diagram, but I guess you have learned that now!

There are many youtube vids on this carb. Get a snack and watch some, can really keep you out of any more bummer situations like this.  If you bike manual does not have the exploded carb view many parts house websites do. Need to take your time with this rebuild and no more guesswork!

Good luck with locating a nozzle, no leads I know of I can share.

• Helpful 1

I have been breaking one of these carbs and never sold that part.  £350,000 for the house....the jet comes with it.  

(I've a mate with a Delta jet will be along in a minute!)

Taffy