Matt82

Is the future nothing but racers and dual sports?

With the way things seem to be going with emissions standards for off road bikes, is the future going to be nothing but dual sports and racers? Red sticker or green sticker? I mean what’s the point of even making a bike that meets emissions standards but isn’t street legal? 
From where I stand it looks like we will end up with no more trail bikes or anything in between. Just race bikes and choked out dual sports…or electrics… 

where do you all think it’s heading?

You can still plate a Banshee here in AZ, they don’t GAF as long as it has a title and they can put fees on it. But times change, and treehuggers win a little more each year. I see an electric future…

A well set up dual sport can be raced or street ridden in most states. Vote libertarian i say! Libertarian or not at all! Give me libertarian or we get 2 stroke death! Even on thumpertalk.

• Like 1

I’m just saying from the manufacturers POV, why even bother making trail bikes if they’re required to follow strict emissions standards? They’ll see it as “we can just add some lights and sell dual sports and charge more”

Minimize overhead and maximize profits

Sad really

• Like 1

Back in the 90s it was all about landfills and recycling, and batteries were the worst evil next to plastics. Now they want batteries in everything…but all batteries, even rechargeable, eventually die and where will they go? Landfills? It’s a never ending merry go round

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Matt82 said:

Back in the 90s it was all about landfills and recycling, and batteries were the worst evil next to plastics. Now they want batteries in everything…but all batteries, even rechargeable, eventually die and where will they go? Landfills? It’s a never ending merry go round

Screenshot_20210609-211314_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha 6

I know where I live riding is becoming more popular and more trails are popping up.

I think electric bikes are going to get REALY good and open more riding areas... and with social media and the economy, even more trials will be built.

Pros and Cons to that I guess. . . 

I do wish side-by-sides would die off...

• Like 2

What’s this red sticker, green sticker crap you’re  taking about?  I just ride. Please don’t move to Texas. 

Edited by 69fastback
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, 69fastback said:

What’s this red sticker, green sticker crap you’re  taking about?  I just ride. Please don’t move to Texas. 

Green sticker is year round and red sticker is late fall ,winter and early spring It’s because of forest fires. Luckily bikes are not to blame but our homeless population is cooking food out in the brush and they start major fires because they are high or drunk. 
I am sure Texas has a spark arrestor law as well as many other silly laws. Our off highway parks are highly regulated because of dumbass people doing stupid stuff. With high population and quads everywhere I hope they do move move Texas. 🤣

Edited by Four square T
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don’t make the rules. I just know I got a Crf450x and it’s called “green sticker”, so I found out it’s all a bunch of emissions bs coming out of California. Now I have to remove all the crap to get the bike to run right. At least I got it for 30% under msrp. 

And I’m from Missouri, not California 

52 minutes ago, 69fastback said:

I’m sorry you’re state is becoming “Texifornia” these days…but at least they aren’t invading my state lol

19 minutes ago, Matt82 said:

I don’t make the rules. I just know I got a Crf450x and it’s called “green sticker”, so I found out it’s all a bunch of emissions bs coming out of California. Now I have to remove all the crap to get the bike to run right. At least I got it for 30% under msrp. 

And I’m from Missouri, not California 

I have been on dirt bikes for 20 years, and despite strict emissions standards, Id say  the dirt bikes of today are significantly better than bikes from the 90s. Probably the best dirt bikes have ever been. 

This is even with all the emissions crap on them...

Ill ride a stock 2021 WR250F in the woods any day, if that means it keeps the forest service happy. 

These new bikes are fun as $hit...

But that's just my lamea$$ millennial opinion 

Edited by Timothy Whitney
  • Like 4