Jump to content

DBT 2021 BETA 200 rr

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, firffighter said:

That's a foolish statement to make considering Don has an Enduro title next to his name,  owned several current bikes to directly compare the Beta 200rr to, including the KTM 150, KTM 250xc, YZ125X, even the Husky TE250 thumper. 

Don made more attempts at getting that fork to work than anyone else I've seen on this site. 

Don also had Les, one of the most well respected and experienced Sachs tuners in the industry share his concerns about the forks. 

So, you're saying that's worthless because you read online about imbalanced chassis and chopper effect,  and your experience is owning a '15 dualsport that you ride MX with? 

Good grief,  how about we let those who actually own these bikes share real riding experience vs this fanboy BS thst Beta can do nothing wrong.  

 

 Don admitted he put on a low profile rear tire and it took him months to figure out he had jacked up the balance. A real setup expert there.

I haven't heard much about LTR in this decade. He's about like Stillwell, old news. MXT Luckys. That is the permanent fix. Get rid of the single sided ZF internals. Cheaper route use the Dal Saggio One? valve.

 

Edited by Johnny Depp
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

 Don admitted he put on a low profile rear tire and it took him months to figure out he had jacked up the balance. A real setup expert there.

I haven't heard much about LTR in this decade. He's about like Stillwell, old news. MXT Luckys. That is the permanent fix. Get rid of the single sided ZF internals.

 

You're desperately trying to come across as a suspension guru on a bike you've not owned and trying to say you've got the inside information on modern suspension all the while owning a 7 year old bike, and throwing Don under the bus and disparaging Les now? 

That's petty. 

Your information is irrelevant. The fix for every suspension isn't throwing what's popular today on the bike and magic happens.  Anyone can spout of the latest and greatest BS suspension package because it's all over the sport and claim it'll magically solve everything.  

Please let those who own these bikes share.

 

Edited by firffighter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, firffighter said:

You're desperately trying to come across as a suspension guru on a bike you've not owned and trying to say you've got the inside information on modern suspension all the while owning a 7 year old bike, and throwing Don under the bus and disparaging Les now? 

That's petty. 

Your information is irrelevant. 

Please let those who own these bikes share.

 

 Go ahead and pay for some guessing work on shim shifting. Or buy something with a differently engineered approach and be done with it. 

 Some of us actually post and learn from others on a variety of sources. Some just come around for humor and don't pay attention. If I were you guys I wouldn't trust one damn bit of what anyone says online, unless you learn how to filter it and research what you come across. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

Disagree the sachs forks are not reliable and do not preform like a beta converted to KYB`s end of story. Why beta keeps using an inferior fork on these bikes just does not make sense. 

I think Beta's approach is quite good. Offer something less expensive and satisfactory for those who feel capable of working within the supplied parameters, or offer a more 'true to racing' Factory Edition that has better suspension components... 

I wish more companies would adopt that style of business... 

KTMs acquirement of GasGas was a very smart approach in that sense...offer 'most' of what's available on the KTM/HUSQVARNA brands but offer it at $1500 cheaper... 

  • Like 3
  • Helpful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Johnny Depp said:

 Go ahead and pay for some guessing work on shim shifting. Or buy something with a differently engineered approach and be done with it. 

 Some of us actually post and learn from others on a variety of sources. Some just come around for humor and don't pay attention. If I were you guys I wouldn't trust one damn bit of what anyone says online, unless you learn how to filter it and research what you come across. 

The problem occurs each and every time someone shares something negative about Beta, you and HDR take it up yourselves to disregard their opinion. 

The guys sharing real riding experience on the bike discussed and you're dismissing it because you simply don't like the negative response.

Not only that,  but then taking the opportunity to disparage individuals along the way.  

That's as myopic and obtuse as it gets! 

I'll take real information from actual owners, not your opinion based off zero experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

Whatever your a moron and does not know your ass from the hole in your exhaust. Your a bigger beta homer then HDR and just as annoying. I give little importance to your posts. You just another one of the interweb dirtbikers who thinks he know it all be know nothing. 

So you don’t address the reality that lots like Sachs suspension. You instead trying to attack posters giving real experiences with them instead of just the topic just says more about you.So your a dick that tries to cut down Beta riders just posting how it works for them.  Locally absolutely no one switches out their Sachs forks on their Betas. . Im sure some might have issues but I don’t know any and mine have been good. If I had problems I’d change out my forks to ohlins or kyb or whatever. I don’t so I won’t. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd really like to hear from Eric who has the experience with the 200RR and has ridden with Don who both I'm sure have learned a ton about riding the 200RR and the fork performance in really tight singletrack in the NW.

@Eric72

if you wouldn't mind sharing, I'd seriously be interested. 

 

  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, firffighter said:

How's Spring riding been up there? 

I saw that Don sold his Beta 200rr, even after all the suspension work. 

Do you feel the Beta 200rr forks could work for you if you had them revalved, say by Les? 

I think the motor and light weight make for a fantastic foundation, and if you can get the forks to work, then might be worth the extra time and money.

I know it's disappointing to buy a new bike and have the suspension not meet expectations and dump more money into it.  My 300rr forks were really bad, some of the worst  I've owned stock for our terrain.  

I think the one important thing here is hearing from actual owners,  not speculation. 

I'm glad to hear from you and your experience,  since you're local,  have the 200RR, and have even ridden with someone like Don,  who is very particular about suspension and bike setup.

That's huge

 

 

 

 

 

 

There has been some drama up here that i wont bring up. Cause of the drama and being busy with work and family. I have not been on the bike since mid march.

That said i did spend a ton of time with Don getting that 200 set up. He also go a lot of flack about his opinion of the suspension from the same clueless know it all that are giving me flack.  His KYB conversion was a vast improvement over the sachs forks. They where just smoother in the stoke and just seemed to track better. Even with the springs being to stiff for me you can really tell the difference. His bike absorbed the trail trash, my bike deflected off the trail trash. It is those little hits that can knock you off balance that are the problem with the sachs junk. His bike and my bike where night and day different from each other. 

Les did my shock last winter and did a good job. We also talked about what to do about the front. Les will do what i ask him to do and can make the sachs better. His advice is to do a conversion to either kyb or showas. He is a tuner and does not know how to do the conversions, so that is left to me. He says those who have done the conversions have been happier over the long run. From what he told me over the long run the conversion is a more economical solution. 

On my 300 i did not notice the suspension. I never pushes that bike hard enough to have a problem. That bike spent most of its time in first and second gear doing less than 10 miles per hour fallowing an 80 year old on a trials bike. I do not have the skills to ride the 300 hard. Me jetting was most important cause i wanted smooth power delivery to manage the power in the tight single track i was riding. The 200 is a different beast and likes to be ridden differently. The bike is fun to ride faster. Faster pace means hitting things harder and exposing the weakness of the suspension. The sachs are fine out in the open and not bad in the woops. Where they lack is at faster pace in single track. They just do not absorb the trail trash that can knock you off balance. We have a lot of trail trash here in the pacific north west. 

  • Helpful 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hans Schmid said:

I think Beta's approach is quite good. Offer something less expensive and satisfactory for those who feel capable of working within the supplied parameters, or offer a more 'true to racing' Factory Edition that has better suspension components... 

I wish more companies would adopt that style of business... 

KTMs acquirement of GasGas was a very smart approach in that sense...offer 'most' of what's available on the KTM/HUSQVARNA brands but offer it at $1500 cheaper... 

And Beta offers suspension tuning too as an option on Sachs or KYB or Ohlins if one wants. That’s if guys don’t do themselves or  send out to their preferred tuner . There’s more options. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

So you don’t address the reality that lots like Sachs suspension. You instead trying to attack posters giving real experiences with them instead of just the topic just says more about you.So your a dick that tries to cut down Beta riders just posting how it works for them.  Locally absolutely no one switches out their Sachs forks on their Betas. . Im sure some might have issues but I don’t know any and mine have been good. If I had problems I’d change out my forks to ohlins or kyb or whatever. I don’t so I won’t. 

My God,  let the guy who actually owns the bike share! 

You don't own the 200RR, you don't own a modern Beta. You have zero experience with the Sachs being discussed. 

No one cares about guys who don't own the bike being discussed. You have zero credibility. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, firffighter said:

The problem occurs each and every time someone shares something negative about Beta, you and HDR take it up yourselves to disregard their opinion. 

The guys sharing real riding experience on the bike discussed and you're dismissing it because you simply don't like the negative response.

Not only that,  but then taking the opportunity to disparage individuals along the way.  

That's as myopic and obtuse as it gets! 

I'll take real information from actual owners, not your opinion based off zero experience.

Hop on Bro 😎 

Me and HDR are going to teach you how to to be a MasterBetar. 
ED61C892-E235-43F8-B0C8-299A1C54F57F.jpeg.90379771ba00fb26903c3f8a9bea8af9.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

There has been some drama up here that i wont bring up. Cause of the drama and being busy with work and family. I have not been on the bike since mid march.

That said i did spend a ton of time with Don getting that 200 set up. He also go a lot of flack about his opinion of the suspension from the same clueless know it all that are giving me flack.  His KYB conversion was a vast improvement over the sachs forks. They where just smoother in the stoke and just seemed to track better. Even with the springs being to stiff for me you can really tell the difference. His bike absorbed the trail trash, my bike deflected off the trail trash. It is those little hits that can knock you off balance that are the problem with the sachs junk. His bike and my bike where night and day different from each other. 

Les did my shock last winter and did a good job. We also talked about what to do about the front. Les will do what i ask him to do and can make the sachs better. His advice is to do a conversion to either kyb or showas. He is a tuner and does not know how to do the conversions, so that is left to me. He says those who have done the conversions have been happier over the long run. From what he told me over the long run the conversion is a more economical solution. 

On my 300 i did not notice the suspension. I never pushes that bike hard enough to have a problem. That bike spent most of its time in first and second gear doing less than 10 miles per hour fallowing an 80 year old on a trials bike. I do not have the skills to ride the 300 hard. Me jetting was most important cause i wanted smooth power delivery to manage the power in the tight single track i was riding. The 200 is a different beast and likes to be ridden differently. The bike is fun to ride faster. Faster pace means hitting things harder and exposing the weakness of the suspension. The sachs are fine out in the open and not bad in the woops. Where they lack is at faster pace in single track. They just do not absorb the trail trash that can knock you off balance. We have a lot of trail trash here in the pacific north west. 

Thank you! 

I appreciate you willing to share and your experience with the 200RR.

Very valuable insights, especially in regards to the difference in Don's KYB'S and the Sachs at different speeds and in the trail trash we have so much of!  Good stuff!

The 200RR is a really fun and cool bike and I'm definitely intrigued after riding one last year.  

The KYB fork would be my preferred option as I'm most familiar with their performance in our NW trail trash.  

 

Edited by firffighter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

 That's cool. He can just do like Don and give up on the best platform for what you ride on the planet because he can't figure it out and won't take outside advice to try different settings.

Complete bullshit Don did spent a ton of time trying to make the sacks forks work. Your have not got a clue about what you are talking about. I was actually with him for a lot of his testing. I am giving up on a shitty fork that a modern motor cycle company should be embarrassed about putting on their bikes. 

Edited by Eric72
  • Helpful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, firffighter said:

The problem occurs each and every time someone shares something negative about Beta, you and HDR take it up yourselves to disregard their opinion. 

The guys sharing real riding experience on the bike discussed and you're dismissing it because you simply don't like the negative response.

Not only that,  but then taking the opportunity to disparage individuals along the way.  

That's as myopic and obtuse as it gets! 

I'll take real information from actual owners, not your opinion based off zero experience.

I in no way disregard anyones opinions. As a matter of fact I lean in closer to find out more and try to figure if there’s something I can learn to improve my bikes or my friends Betas. So I didn’t say anything bad to anyone. Who’s coming out insulting others here? It’s easy. Just talk about the bike and how it works . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Eric72 said:

Complete bullshit Don did spent a ton of time trying to male the sacks forks work. Your have not got a clue about what you are talking about. I was actually with him for a lot of his testing. I am giving up on shitty fork that a modern motor cycle company should be embarrassed about putting on their bikes. 

What’s with the anger management problem? Relax. Why you trying to start fights with no need? You and Don aren’t the only riders on Betas and Beta 200’s. There’s lots of guys with Betas and Beta 200’s riding them and setting them up not only your particular way. There’s a big world with lots of different riders and terrain and styles of riding and different size riders too. There’s lots of room for variations.Why wre you taking things so personal? Im not taking your setup personal as almost everyone here has Sachs on their 200’s and like it. Just sayen 

What because Don and you worked on 200 rr suspension and setup then that means you 2 got the only setup and tuning so that everyone has  to follow that tuning or they’re wrong? You know that makes no sense. So you guys got a good setup for you and where you ride. That’s great and it’s a great frame of reference. It’s just not what might be better for everyone elses riding around the world. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

you.So your a dick that tries to cut down Beta riders just posting how it works for them.  

When you so full of shit you lie about something you posted 17 minutes ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bigfatredpig said:

This is why beta is the best section.  Now where’s my riding coach. 

Im waiting for you. We can go riding today. It’s gorgeous outside. I’m trying to find a riding partner to go here and further in. It stormed all last night so there should be mud. Today is sunny and breezy. Perfect. No classes. Just ride. 
 

Just imagine this but full of mud  and slippery on the bottom. 
 

 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

What’s with the anger management problem? Relax. Why you trying to start fights with no need? You and Don aren’t the only riders on Betas and Beta 200’s. There’s lots of guys with Betas and Beta 200’s riding them and setting them up not only your particular way. There’s a big world with lots of different riders and terrain and styles of riding and different size riders too. There’s lots of room for variations.

The anger comes from people not being factually correct especially when i comes to people efforts. Don and i do not see eye to eye on a lot of things. I have the utmost respect for the way the guy can set up a bike. Cause i have ridden his bikes and see how well they preform in the environment that i ride in. You and JD trashed the dudes opinion while he was here. So much so he stopped coming in here. Cause of that you and JD`s opinion mean nothing to me. That is the type of stuff that fuels my anger. If people disagree with either of you. Both of you throw a hissy fit. 

  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, firffighter said:

When you so full of shit you lie about something you posted 17 minutes ago.  

That’s not telling lies. Look at his post earlier. So he dishes it out for no reason. I’m actually just giving a mellowed but accurate response in comparison. Im not telling a lie. That’s just the truth. He didn’t need to be rude. :excuseme:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...