Jump to content

DBT 2021 BETA 200 rr

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, firffighter said:

Your oversimplification of this is highly entertaining.

No need to make it harder than it is. Glad you are enjoying the conversation. I can't believe how well it's stayed on track, oh that's a pun.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The hilarious part is, this guy actually owned one and rides better than most on here

 

  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Johnny Depp said:

No need to make it harder than it is. Glad you are enjoying the conversation. I can't believe how well it's stayed on track, oh that's a pun.

Really,  way to avoid the questions. 

Sitting with weight forward in attack position,  with head over the bars? 

And you ride a '15 dualsport.  Talk about a pun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, firffighter said:

The hilarious part is, this guy actually owned one and rides better than most on here

 

Can I debate this?😉😉

 

 

4 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Complete nonsense. 

Sitting how?

Sitting where? 

Your oversimplification of this is highly entertaining.

Again,  zero experience on this bike. 

There is a difference in how you would need to set suspension up for someone who sits vs someone who doesn't... 

  • Like 3
  • Helpful 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, firffighter said:

Really,  way to avoid the questions. 

Sitting with weight forward in attack position,  with head over the bars? 

And you ride a '15 dualsport.  Talk about a pun.

It would be easier for me/us if you spoke in complete sentences. Not sure what you are asking? Do I know how everybody stands? No.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Johnny Depp said:

But Don had KYB’s and still sold the bike..

And the only guy who had 7mm Sacks shims after they replaced the Zoke’s is turning away Sacks forks. 
 

Maybe it’s not the forks? The 200 has the same rake and trail as every enduro Beta. Why would they change them when they have about a dozen Enduro GP championships in the last few years? I’m sure they have Trail trash in Enduro GP also. It obviously has less weight on the front wheel than the other models other than the 125, I saw a guy at the demo day eat shit when he lost the front end on a fast sweeper coming back to  the pits.

It would be nice to hear about your set up, I realize you may not care to participate after Don’s experience..

 

 

I was surprised Don kept that bike as long as he did. Some bikes are not a fit for some riders. Its says something about that motor in the fact that people work incredibly hard to get the rest of the bike to work.

When did the 200 win a GP Enduro championship? To my knowledge there is not a 200 class in either Europe or the US. Beta hesitated to give the US a 200 RE cause there is not a 200 race class. You are comparing a race bike to the weekend warrior bike which shows how ignorant you truly are. Beta winning enduro GP`s means very little to the average trail rider.

Why should i tell you anything when all your going to do is pick it apart and tell me how wrong i am. If you and HDR left this forum no one would care. In fact i think most would jump for joy. I do not read much of your post unless they are directed at me. Just like you thinking it would be nice to hear the rest of my set up. i think it would be nice if you and HDR went away. Looks like neither one of us is are going to get what we want.

Edited by Eric72
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hans Schmid said:

Can I debate this?😉😉

 

 

There is a difference in how you would need to set suspension up for someone who sits vs someone who doesn't... 

 Depending on how and when sitting occurs, I agree.

And Kyle's way faster than you, prove us wrong 😉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, firffighter said:

 Depending on how and when sitting occurs, I agree.

And Kyle's way faster than you, prove us wrong 😉

He's got more followers, clearly... 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, firffighter said:

JD's a suspension guru, Lol

 

 I didn't know you cared so much to look me up, how flattering. How will I be labeled by you? I was about 58 at the time, I try to race a few different types of events a year ( I know you think I'm just an MX guy). This weekend I'm gonna do the TORCS Scrambles at our track (no MX only 7 miles of single track and Vet track used), should have around 600 riders and 98 degrees and 98% humidity forecast, about like that race. At that race I got a front flat by check 1 and continued on a flat for 73 miles in nasty dust and blind roots. Roger (helmet cam on him) broke a clutch lever and was going to quit at the gas stop, but I bummed him one and installed it for him, he quit anyway shortly after this so I did the last 40 miles alone. We were 12 minutes down so no need to rush anything. Still took 7th IIRC? Got up at 2am to drive from Austin, that was a long day for working men to be back on Monday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the only time I'm going to post on this topic. 

The Beta 200 motor is one of the best out there. I loved the power delivery.

The motor was the only thing I truly loved.

Suspension is subjective. My opinion is the bike I got had the worse stock suspension of any bike I ever bought.

Any bike that you have to gut the forks to make work is a joke. I went with KYB's so the fork problem was fixed.  The rear shock was revalved twice. It worked but was not pleasent to ride. It was either send the shock out and have it guts replaced, buy the Ohlins or sell the bike. It cost me less to just sell the bike.

Handling? Not anywhere as good as a current KTM. Way to finicky.  Hardest bike for me to figure out.

Low seat height great, low ground clearance sucked. I hit my feet on more stuff than my other bikes. 

Clutch was garbage. Bad chatter , never experienced this on the 20 other bikes I owned. 

Poor fuel economy. Ran two steps leaner pilot and needle. Reset the float and looped the overflow.  Got 20-22mpg. All my other 2st would get 25-30mpg. I can jet a bike. 

The Beta 200rr was not for me. I couldn't make it work to my satisfaction. Was it a bad bike , no just not a good bike for me. Will it work for someone else sure. Will someone that reviews bike say it's good , most likely yes.

I do not review bikes , I ride them. I don't have to kiss bike company's asses. I own and ride many different brands and have no loyalty but will call it as I see it. If you don't like what I have to say about your beloved brand oh well. Go ride, have fun and enjoy life that's what I'm doing. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Helpful 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A mate put a deposit on one over here yesterday. Delivery was estimated to be late July. Not too bad under the circumstances. It'd kill me though. I need instant gratification.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eric72 said:

I was surprised Don kept that bike as long as he did. Some bikes are not a fit for some riders. Its says something about that motor in the fact that people work incredibly hard to get the rest of the bike to work.

When did the 200 win a GP Enduro championship? To my knowledge there is not a 200 class in either Europe or the US. Beta hesitated to give the US a 200 RE cause there is not a 200 race class. You are comparing a race bike to the weekend warrior bike which shows how ignorant you truly are. Beta winning enduro GP`s means very little to the average trail rider.

Why should i tell you anything when all your going to do is pick it apart and tell me how wrong i am. If you and HDR left this forum no one would care. In fact i think most would jump for joy. I do not read much of your post unless they are directed at me. Just like you thinking it would be nice to hear the rest of my set up. i think it would be nice if you and HDR went away. Looks like neither one of us is are going to get what we want.

Yeah but tough shit huh. 😂 Only you’re the one being a dick. Grow up. Be nice. Be an adult.  It’s easy. Everyone sets up their bike up a bit different. No problem.Just collect data on what might work for you .  See what works and doesn’t work for different riders and note. :excuseme: Wanna be an A hole? It’s gonna come back around from somewhere. There’s no need to start any problems at all.  No one did anything to you. No one is picking anything you said and picking it apart. You got some chip on your shoulder that you  came in the door with.  As it is now 200 Betas are highly sought after. No one is selling any here and if they do it will be for a high price. There’s a wide variety of riders on them too from noobies to top experts to a bunch of vet good riders. 

Edited by hawaiidirtrider
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MalusAsinae said:

Kyle can't hold my umbrella. 

He'd certainly sell you one though..... with the DBC logo, of course. 

Just sub and support the channel and you'll get one complimentary.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, firffighter said:

He'd certainly sell you one though..... with the DBC logo, of course. 

Just sub and support the channel and you'll get one complimentary.  

I'm an OG DBC Patreon, aren't you? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MalusAsinae said:

I'm an OG DBC Patreon, aren't you? 

Signed up Day 1! 

Gotta support the stormin mormin 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Singletrack_rider said:

This is the only time I'm going to post on this topic. 

The Beta 200 motor is one of the best out there. I loved the power delivery.

The motor was the only thing I truly loved.

Suspension is subjective. My opinion is the bike I got had the worse stock suspension of any bike I ever bought.

Any bike that you have to gut the forks to make work is a joke. I went with KYB's so the fork problem was fixed.  The rear shock was revalved twice. It worked but was not pleasent to ride. It was either send the shock out and have it guts replaced, buy the Ohlins or sell the bike. It cost me less to just sell the bike.

Handling? Not anywhere as good as a current KTM. Way to finicky.  Hardest bike for me to figure out.

Low seat height great, low ground clearance sucked. I hit my feet on more stuff than my other bikes. 

Clutch was garbage. Bad chatter , never experienced this on the 20 other bikes I owned. 

Poor fuel economy. Ran two steps leaner pilot and needle. Reset the float and looped the overflow.  Got 20-22mpg. All my other 2st would get 25-30mpg. I can jet a bike. 

The Beta 200rr was not for me. I couldn't make it work to my satisfaction. Was it a bad bike , no just not a good bike for me. Will it work for someone else sure. Will someone that reviews bike say it's good , most likely yes.

I do not review bikes , I ride them. I don't have to kiss bike company's asses. I own and ride many different brands and have no loyalty but will call it as I see it. If you don't like what I have to say about your beloved brand oh well. Go ride, have fun and enjoy life that's what I'm doing. 

 

Are you The Don they talk about? 

Apart of the joke, I respect your review but maybe you took the wrong path trying to fix the bike for your style. 

4 hours ago, MalusAsinae said:

That's true stuff. I can and do ride the 300 on the pipe in 3rd and even 4th on single track and even after a full racetech conversion it still deflects on trail trash. Get into the mid stroke like stuffing a 6 inch square edge or root in 3rd and it's so plush and I simply can't bottom it. But the trash skips me around and is sketchy. My tuner rides a 21 200 and we were running the same setup, but he's changed a couple things (swapped to straight rate springs) and he's claiming to have fixed the skip. I've been too hurt to ride but he's gonna make the new shim adjustment and springs to my fork before I get back to it. The shock with the bladder and Lainer is buttery and perfect. I can imagine that the even lighter 200 is a total handful when it skips on trash. 

Are you sure about the progressive springs? I think that there is a LITT moment here... 😁 

3 hours ago, Hans Schmid said:

Can I debate this?😉😉

 

 

There is a difference in how you would need to set suspension up for someone who sits vs someone who doesn't... 

What are you talking? If suspension is good you're sitting, if not you're standing do as to introduce a 3rd suspension component to your head (first its the tires). 😂

Edited by dirtbird
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dirtbird said:

Are you The Don they talk about? 

Apart of the joke, I respect your review but maybe you took the wrong path trying to fix the bike for your style. 

Are you sure about the progressive springs? I think that there is a LITT moment here... 😁 

What are you talking? If suspension us good you're sitting, if not you're standing do as to introduce a 3rd suspension component to your head (first is the tires). 😂

Not sure what your question is, my 300 has custom wound Cannon progressive rate springs, but not for long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...