S.Cal I MIGHT be able to make my TTR125 Street Legal...

Hey everyone! So I just picked up a TTR125, and after registering it for a green sticker, I got home and realized that under "Body Type Model" it said MC and not TR or MX. I quickly checked my other bikes (YZ's and other models) and saw that they all said MX or TR. I then looked at my motorcycle, and it said MC. So could I make this into an actual MC (motorcycle) or does it say that for all of you guys as well? What's the process like? How can I get it done? Thanks.

unfortunately it doesn't go fast enough for the street

Yeah, a transmission is esspennsive

Get a real street bike ,  TTR 125 is a designated trail bike .  Not an  MX , OR STREET BIKE .. No lighting setup ..   charging system is only good for charging battery . Not for lighting of any kind ..

I know , I have 4 ,  and have had probably 15 others that have sold .....

Please tell us how that works out for you.

On 6/17/2021 at 9:14 PM, Gooney said:

after registering it for a green sticker, I got home and realized that under "Body Type Model" it said MC

six replies, might as well change your name to Rodney Dangerfield.

i suspect when you apply for a title, the MC designation will be corrected, per the VIN.

mainly because of emissions requirements, "off road use only" yadda...

research equipment requirements for safety inspection, they shouldn't care if it's a total loss battery system, it just has to work.

"get a real bike" is Harley mentality, tell them you're "compensating"

9 hours ago, SteveThe Snakes said:

Don’t blow your trans man. 

7 hours ago, hockdog said:

Yeah, a transmission is esspennsive

0EF66D3D-A76F-4C2A-B52D-468EAC3395F0.thumb.png.08765c91c90c50c9836bac1bc189a520.png

I think I’ll be ok

i have PayPal credit 

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2021 at 2:06 AM, E-T Ignition said:

i suspect when you apply for a title, the MC designation will be corrected, per the VIN.

mainly because of emissions requirements, "off road use only" yadda...

research equipment requirements for safety inspection, they shouldn't care if it's a total loss battery system, it just has to work.

They'd leave it as MC, i'm not worried about that. Once it's done, it's done. I could get all the lights and horn and whatnot setup no problem, but I'm trying to figure out how it'll actually work.

On 6/18/2021 at 3:32 PM, Dirkarider said:

unfortunately it doesn't go fast enough for the street

On 6/18/2021 at 11:29 PM, bweighmaster said:

Get a real street bike

I'm aware, but it would be cool to have a plate on a little kids bike lol. Plus think about how much the value of the bike will go up to

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, bweighmaster said:

Nobody is going to want it .    NO gain in value ....

I think there would be in California.  I tried to buy a plated 2004 TTR125LE in about 2010 for my daughter.  Called the guy as soon as the ad came out.  Already had another guy wanting it.  There was a premium on the price over a non plated TTR.  Unfortunately, the first guy bought it. It sold in a day for the asking price.

Edited by Gflo

I once plated a toilet in AZ...  just to see if I could.  It worked. And all for $31/

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Hey Soos said:

I once plated a toilet in AZ...  just to see if I could.  It worked. And all for $31/

Well I once paper plated some morning logs and we put them under a guys seat in his Toyota. Boy that stunk when he got in it to go home from riding that day. He had the windows open all the way home. He couldn’t figure out how he stepped into Dog Chit. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Gflo said:

I think there would be in California.  I tried to buy a plated 2004 TTR125LE in about 2010 for my daughter.  Called the guy as soon as the ad came out.  Already had another guy wanting it.  There was a premium on the price over a non plated TTR.  Unfortunately, the first guy bought it. It sold in a day for the asking price.

Yea ,  In Cali ,   Not surprised ...   like they say ,  a seat for every  dumbass ...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bweighmaster said:

Yea ,  In Cali ,   Not surprised ...   like they say ,  a seat for every  dumbass ...

Dumbass?  It would have been a perfect bike for my daughter.  She was 5’ tall, weighted 100#, and wanted a lightweight street legal dirt bike with electric start.  Nothing else out there would work.  

• Like 1

I personally would Not put anyone I know on an underpowered , unsutible for street bike . ....

Not enough contact patch on tires ,   not enough top speed for street ,   Just way too dangerous..

But ,  that is just my opinion ,   your kids , your call ....     Make wise choices ......