Ridaho/Idaho Map

Hi Everyone, Heading up the middle of August to Ridaho Grit#2 out of Wallace. Ridaho#2 is 5 days but going to ride for 8 days. I'm "old school" and get along better with Paper maps. "Latitude 40" makes excellent maps but not for Idaho. The Idaho Forest Service post excellent maps on their informational signs I saw last year when riding Grit#3. Where can I get/buy Idaho trail maps? Thanks

Hi,

Emailed Bill and he doesn't have anything North of the Salmon River. We'll be around Wallace doing the Grit#2, 5 days, and looking for nearby trails for an additional 3 days. Does the Forest Service offer maps? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I know you’re looking for paper maps, but have you tried the Gaia app? You can pick any map later you want, including MVUM. Really easy to use. 

Thanks for the info. 

Question: Plan is to ride Ridaho Grit #2 plus 3 or 4 additional days 3rd Week of August. Rode Grit# 3 last year at same time. It was Hot/Dry and Air quality was marginal. The Weather looks like it is still Hot?Dry. How's the Air Quality? Any Fires we should be concerned about in Northern/Central Idaho?

Thanks

Just got back from southern Idaho.  Heading back in 3 weeks to do Grit 1.

Air quality was fine but changes daily.  Kinda crappy when I left.  Purpleair.com can give you real time numbers.

Caltopo has overlays for current fires and MVUM maps.  If you use the paid version you can overlay the Grit GPS files.  I used the MVUM map extensively while exploring alone with my Trailtech Pro.  1000% worth the money.