Dirt bike clutch fix

I saw somewhere online that said drag from a worn clutch basket could be fixed by filing down the notching on the edge of the tangs but would cause other problems does anyone know what these other problems would be? I don’t plan on ever doing this as clutch baskets aren’t really that expensive I’m just curious about what it would do.

4 hours ago, Nolan Leal said:

I saw somewhere online that said drag from a worn clutch basket could be fixed by filing down the notching on the edge of the tangs but would cause other problems does anyone know what these other problems would be? I don’t plan on ever doing this as clutch baskets aren’t really that expensive I’m just curious about what it would do.

After filing, there's now a larger clearance gap, more free play, between the clutch plate tangs and the slots in the clutch basket. Now every time the clutch is engaged or the throttle is backed off, the tangs of the clutch plates have a "head start" to slam into the areas of the basket that were just filed, causing them to notch even faster.