Intermediate/Advanced Rider looking for riding buddies

Hello!

My name is Genevieve, and I am starting to try and look for some awesome female riding buddies.  I live in the general bay area (Santa Cruz/Hollister).  My parents met racing motorcyles and I grew up every weekend at Hollister Hills.  My kid-self is actually on the cover of the map there (see image). I consider myself a fairly technical rider and when I am not Trolling I love going on weekend trips to the Mojave, where I plot out and navigate via GPS rides for my parents and their friends, taking over my dad's old role as a Baja ride leader.  My favorite rides ever are Poison Spider/Golden Spike in Moab and going to the top of the Panamint Range out of Ballarat.  I am in my early 20s, and looking ahead know I can't rely on my parents as my consistent riding buddies.  While I have had multiple racing/riding friends in the past, they all gave up the sport at some point, or lost interest.  If you or someone you know wants someone new to ride with, I would love to maybe meet and do a day ride somewhere like Hollister, but I am open to suggestions!  

map.png

Edited by Genevieve

If only you were in Georgia 😜.  Hope you can find some ladies to ride with.  I've looked high and low and they're hard to come by. You sound like a very accomplished rider.  Have you checked out Dirt.Astic or TrailBoundLadies (Instagram)?  I think Dirt.Astic is in Oregon, not sure about the other.  You might be able to hook up with some ladies in those groups who are up to the kind of technical riding you'd like to do. 

Hi Longleaf. Thanks for the tips! I will definitely check out both, and I agree on how hard it is to come by other female riders. It is such an amazing sport, and I wish there were more of us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think a lots of people have same problem like u. There is no one to ride with. My dad got me in to dirt bikes, when I was little kid, then I got my friends hooked on dirt bikes, now just very few people steal riding. Some sold bikes some have bikes and almost never ride them. And because u don’t want to go out alone, u kind of stuck at home.  In ur case you are intermediate/advance rider u probably be bored with regular people. I have no idea what my skill set ( maybe just bit over beginners). but I get bored on wide open trials. And what I want to try my friends will be like “no, we will wait for u here”. 

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Over The Hill Gang or South Bay Riders. 

OTHG is motocross but has women’s classes. It’s a good place to meet ladies that ride. Unfortunately a lot of moto people don’t trail ride. 

South Bay Riders are right there in your neon or hood. I would invite you to ride with me but my wife would have a cow and my dumbass friend Andy would hit on you to the point you’re uncomfortable. 😂 hope you find some nice ladies to ride with. I see a woman’s group up at Stonyford sometimes so I know they are out there. Good Luck