Wooded

Clicking on pages or thread titles=random post/page..?

Question

I did some searching and couldn't find it so...

When I click on a new thread I'll find myself randomly somewhere in the thread. Not sure why it doesn't go to the beginning of the thread. Is there a setting I can change? Would love to start at the beginning of the thread.

Also when in a thread if I click on a page sometimes I end up at the bottom of the page vs the top. Same thing, can I change this? 

Thanks

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

TT is taking you to the "first unread" post from your last visit, at whatever page in the thread it's on.

If it's a multi-page thread, click the "[1]" after the thread title in the forum topics list.  Otherwise click on it and press the "Home" button to go to the top of the page. 

14 hours ago, SnowMule said:

TT is taking you to the "first unread" post from your last visit, at whatever page in the thread it's on.

If it's a multi-page thread, click the "[1]" after the thread title in the forum topics list.  Otherwise click on it and press the "Home" button to go to the top of the page. 

Well it seems pretty random to me. I clicked on 5 threads I have never read or seen before in a forum I've never been in. 3 times it goes to the first post of the thread, then it goes to new content which was from 2017. I back button out and try again then goes to a different page. Another time it takes me to the 2nd page I then click on the 1st pg and it goes to the bottom of the 1st pg. Seems crazy to me. Guess I'll do what you said and click on the pg number. No problem, but I've never seen a forum behave like this. 

• Like 1

Just now I was on the 2nd to last page of a thread. I then clicked the last or next pg and it took me to the bottom post of the next pg. That just seems ridiculous! Why wouldn't it go to the next post at the top of the page? Is nobody else having these issues? I've been dealing with this for quite a while, it's not a new issue.